Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6494
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	6085
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6484
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6408
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2021, 02:36 PM   #2731
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
The bratwurst I got at the Polish deli giving the Costco brand my wife bought a golden shower

That's some hot brat on brat action.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 01:37 PM   #2732
Ultrabanned

Giving this bad boy a wrap. Coming along nicely so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-30-2021, 05:48 PM   #2733
Your mom

I'm smoking an almost 16 pound brisket for the 4th. I imagine after I trim the fat cap it'll be closer to 14 pounds. It's been about 5 years since I've done a brisket, what am I looking at time wise?
CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-01-2021, 07:46 AM   #2734
Draconian Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn View Post
I'm smoking an almost 16 pound brisket for the 4th. I imagine after I trim the fat cap it'll be closer to 14 pounds. It's been about 5 years since I've done a brisket, what am I looking at time wise?
Start it today.......
burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-01-2021, 07:50 AM   #2735
Cheat Death

Yeah, 1.5 to 2hr per lb is a safe estimate. Since you can wrap, place in cooler and keep brisket warm for hours after you pull it off, you're best bet is to just give yourself plenty of time.

I'd ballpark 90% of bad decisions get made because people are standing around all hungry waiting for the brisket to get done.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 08:56 AM   #2736
Can these boys not play?

Depends on the temperature you smoke it at... some good BBQ chefs like to smoke a brisket at a higher temperature. Aaron Franklin smokes his at 275 degrees, for exampe. In that case, it shouldn't take more than 12 hours to smoke it, especially if you get it out and let it rest at room temperature for a couple hours first. And, don't forget you need to let it rest at the end for at least one hour as well.

I think sixteen hours including final rest is more than enough if you cook it at 250-275.

I have cooked large wagyu briskets (14-16 lbs) around 250-275 and it usually is done within 12-14 hours.

Last edited by ChiefGator; 07-01-2021 at 09:03 AM..
ChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-01-2021, 09:37 AM   #2737
Resident Glue Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
That's some hot brat on brat action.
Two brats, one grill.
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 09:38 AM   #2738
Resident Glue Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Yeah, 1.5 to 2hr per lb is a safe estimate. Since you can wrap, place in cooler and keep brisket warm for hours after you pull it off, you're best bet is to just give yourself plenty of time.

I'd ballpark 90% of bad decisions get made because people are standing around all hungry waiting for the brisket to get done.
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2021, 10:00 AM   #2739
Starter

I bought a smoker last month and cook a pork shoulder and ham. My goal is to cook a brisket and make some burnt ends some day. This week thought I would practice with a large chuck roast before try a $50 brisket.

I would be interested in any suggestions on how to make the best bark for the roast and some ribs on the side.
CatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 07-01-2021, 01:22 PM   #2740
Mama Tried

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatinKS View Post
I bought a smoker last month and cook a pork shoulder and ham. My goal is to cook a brisket and make some burnt ends some day. This week thought I would practice with a large chuck roast before try a $50 brisket.

I would be interested in any suggestions on how to make the best bark for the roast and some ribs on the side.
Pellet or stick burner?

Bark is over rated. Rendering the fat properly is more important IMO.
MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-01-2021, 01:37 PM   #2741
Can these boys not play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly View Post
Agreed.. with a larger roast, you may find it helps to foil it for a bit.. this will soften the meat, keep the moisture in, and really make a nice product. It kinda helps the bark re-dissolve though. I wouldn't try to bark a roast...

If you do foil it, just unfoil it and cook it a bit that way at the end.. maybe an hour, to let it dry up some.. that will help.
ChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-01-2021, 03:57 PM   #2742
Supporter

Quote:
Pellet or stick burner?

Agreed. I wrap after 4 hours because I’m a pussy and don’t want to **** up $100 of meat.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2021, 06:53 PM   #2743
Mama Tried

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Agreed. I wrap after 4 hours because I’m a pussy and don’t want to **** up $100 of meat.
Normally wrap at 155-160. Your not going to get anymore smoke ring once the meat temp goes above 140.

I sell a fair amount of BBQ and this has been a pretty good system mostly because it’s less waste than a blackened product.
MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-02-2021, 08:15 AM   #2744
Starter

Quote:
Normally wrap at 155-160. Your not going to get anymore smoke ring once the meat temp goes above 140.

I sell a fair amount of BBQ and this has been a pretty good system mostly because it’s less waste than a blackened product.
Thanks I give it a try. Also going to cut up some of it up in bites size pieces, after first cook, cover in sauce and wrap in foil for some poor boy burnt ends.
CatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCatinKS is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 07-02-2021, 06:31 PM   #2745
In Mahomes I trust!

A 9.5 Lb Boston Butt pork shoulder bone in. It is 70% chance of rain here so slow and low in a Dutch oven in the oven for 8 hrs @ 225!
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.