Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6486
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	6076
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6479
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6407
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2020, 04:42 PM   #2641
Cheat Death

Y'all try this smoked, upside down chili technique yet?

I'll let you know in an hour or so

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2020, 05:33 PM   #2642
Indian Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Y'all try this smoked, upside down chili technique yet?

I'll let you know in an hour or so

It look's like a giant hamburger. What do you have going on there?
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 12-12-2020, 05:37 PM   #2643
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by philfree View Post
It look's like a giant hamburger. What do you have going on there?
Right. Thats the seasoned ground beef being smoked over the liquid portion of the chili. Renders down into it then crumbled into the final product.

It's been making the rounds, Dr. BBQ's link (not my recipe)

https://biggreenegg.com/recipes/dr-b...-upside-chili/
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2020, 06:06 PM   #2644
left blank intentionally

My choices :

Mo Legacy bone-in Ribeye
Burgers
Filet Mignon
Beef sausages
Chicken breasts
Fresh rainbow trout

Need to set something out tonight
(Except for the trout, obviously)
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2020, 06:09 PM   #2645
Indian Twitter

Quote:
Right. Thats the seasoned ground beef being smoked over the liquid portion of the chili. Renders down into it then crumbled into the final product.

I see. And cool!
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 12-12-2020, 06:09 PM   #2646

Quote:

Dr. BBQ opened a restaurant about 5 minutes from me. Talked to the guy for about 30 minutes. He's gone commercial but still has the BBQ chops. It's actually not bad for Florida. The brisket nachos is the best BBQ thing I've had in Florida.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2020, 06:24 PM   #2647
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Dr. BBQ opened a restaurant about 5 minutes from me. Talked to the guy for about 30 minutes. He's gone commercial but still has the BBQ chops. It's actually not bad for Florida. The brisket nachos is the best BBQ thing I've had in Florida.
I don't follow the guy or anything, but I appreciate something new. Butt, ribs, brisket are all great any time, but its nice to break up the same ol same ol
Old 12-13-2020, 02:38 AM   #2648
MVP

Quote:
My last tenants at my Safety Harbor condo told me the same thing "Not bad for Florida" as they ate there twice.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-13-2020, 06:56 AM   #2649
Going home eventually

Got me some Cowtown sauce for today.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2020, 11:57 AM   #2650
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

OK, we had to rush from hockey, nothing special for us today. Well, they had Costco pizza, I passed...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2020, 07:17 PM   #2651
MVP

My sister wanted to stock her freezer, so I smoked up 3 briskets for her. Flats sliced up and points cubed for burnt ends.

I forgot to take a pic until I was slicing the last flat.

Snopes Hammer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Snopes Hammer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Snopes Hammer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Snopes Hammer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Snopes Hammer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Snopes Hammer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Snopes Hammer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Snopes Hammer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Snopes Hammer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Snopes Hammer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Snopes Hammer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-20-2020, 07:23 PM   #2652
Veteran

All the talk of wanting fatties in the other threads has me coming here to look for breakfast fatty pics. Post them if you got em.
Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 12-21-2020, 06:36 PM   #2653

Fired up the new smoker. Bought the same thing I had before. No frills just gets the job fine. 30in Masterbuilt. Seasoned it. Rain changed my plans and I had to move the Ribs up to the first cook. Used Wal-Mart cheap ribs. Also tried smoked Mac & Cheese for the first time. Turned out okay for a first cook.

Also tried a slab with only salt & pepper. It was okay. Still
Prefer my rub.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5164C77B-D660-4FBB-9AC3-F41A5B16443F.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	121669   Click image for larger version

Name:	AD3AB65E-BE0F-4860-AA43-00C76B6DF218.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	121670   Click image for larger version

Name:	7A7BBE3B-E889-4D67-AF95-FC991C1F1598.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	121671   Click image for larger version

Name:	85C3BA36-AC6B-49C4-AEBA-53EA802A86CA.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	121672  
Old 12-21-2020, 07:42 PM   #2654
MVP

Walmart ribs are Smithfield's or Prairie Fresh brands here (have not tried PF) Do they have generic ribs where you are?

FYI Sam's has Smithfield's Duroc pork here

Pork always needs brining and rub.

Des you new box have a cutout for a smoke pump?

Quote:
Fired up the new smoker. Bought the same thing I had before. No frills just gets the job fine. 30in Masterbuilt. Seasoned it. Rain changed my plans and I had to move the Ribs up to the first cook. Used Wal-Mart cheap ribs. Also tried smoked Mac & Cheese for the first time. Turned out okay for a first cook.

Also tried a slab with only salt & pepper. It was okay. Still
Prefer my rub.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-21-2020, 08:38 PM   #2655

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
Walmart ribs are Smithfield's or Prairie Fresh brands here (have not tried PF) Do they have generic ribs where you are?

FYI Sam's has Smithfield's Duroc pork here

Pork always needs brining and rub.

Des you new box have a cutout for a smoke pump?
Yup, cutout there. Never used a cold smoke but I’d thought I’d keep that option open with this one.