Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-24-2020, 10:05 PM  
Banned

Is this the saddest song....

....ever recorded?

Now most everyone has heard that song, it is well known.

There are a ton of old blues and country songs pretty damn sad, hell....."took a Smith and Wesson and blew out my brains" how about...."he threw carbolic acid in my face".....then there is..."blood, blood, blood, blood"....remember Ruby took her love to town, old Hank was so lonesome he could cry, J.Frank Wilson in "Last Kiss".

What is your saddest song?
Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 05-01-2020, 03:14 AM   #61
Banned

well, sort of, to me
CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-01-2020, 06:48 AM   #62
Veteran

Kind of an emo / gayish song, but it's sad nonetheless. Not the saddest, but sad.

Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-01-2020, 03:45 PM   #63
MVP

I will give you "Tears in Heaven" - Very Sad

But (at least to me) this is the saddest song ever written......

Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2020, 01:47 AM   #64
MFIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
I will give you "Tears in Heaven" - Very Sad

But (at least to me) this is the saddest song ever written......

Holy Guacamole,
This song is like a novel.
So to summarize, some fat ugly waitress is serving a "little" man and he explains how he banged a hot chick once, she left, and then the fat broad and the "little" man hook up.
Little dude ends up getting his dinky stinky at the end, I don't see how this is a sad song. Is it sad because the waitress was fat & ugly? (Wait, that actually makes a lot of sense...)
Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:45 AM   #65
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
Holy Guacamole,
This song is like a novel.
So to summarize, some fat ugly waitress is serving a "little" man and he explains how he banged a hot chick once, she left, and then the fat broad and the "little" man hook up.
Little dude ends up getting his dinky stinky at the end, I don't see how this is a sad song. Is it sad because the waitress was fat & ugly? (Wait, that actually makes a lot of sense...)
It's classic Harry Chapin. He was a story teller. most of his songs took a "tad" longer than the 3:00 radio stuff.

The song itself, if you read between the lines, is about "losers". No hope, no future and just trying to get by. Misery loves company.

Anyway - that has always been my take on it.....that's the beauty of music. It's the listener who determines what they hear - no right or wrong.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2020, 03:49 PM   #66
I could of gone pro

This is not so much sad, as it's unique and somewhat original considering the words pertain to today's environment.

DeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-04-2020, 04:47 AM   #67
Veteran

This is just the most explicitly sad alice in chains song...but almost every song from the dirt / jar of flies / tripod album fit in this thread
GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GayFrogs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:32 PM   #68
My Mamma Says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell View Post

Good stuff!
He sings a lot of sad stuff...
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:48 PM   #69
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrapethat View Post

This is just the most explicitly sad alice in chains song...but almost every song from the dirt / jar of flies / tripod album fit in this thread
Video doesn’t work for me, but I’m assuming Nutshell?
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-25-2020, 06:53 PM   #70
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman34 View Post
He sings a lot of sad stuff...
Yep. I recommended it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I’m on my phone or I’d link it but you should post up Broken Window Serenade by WM. It’s definitely different than something like I’m not going to miss you or the ones about kids but it hits a guy in the feels. WM is so damn good.
Funny story. My buddy got tickets from this company the coop does business with. Anyway my buddy was talking shop with the dude with the tickets so I’m sitting there and the dudes wife and some other chick are talking about music. They like Luke Bryant, Jason Aldeen and other hacky fools. They saw them blah blah blah. Whatever. Then the dudes wife starts talking about these long haired guys that sat behind them at Kauffman. They said they were in a band and played Kauffman the night before. It was something weird. Like whiskey something.

So I chimed in. Whiskey Meyers? You should look them up. They can jam.

These 2 gals looked at me like I was from Mars or something. LOL. Fine. Just keep listening to garbage ass Luke Bryant. Do you Man.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 03:08 AM   #71
Rookie

The saddest song is the one that wakes you up on Monday morning.
KregWillis is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:06 PM   #72
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Many may disagree because...well, it's metal. But this song by Pantera about a friend in a catatonic state always got me.

Hollow:

InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:15 PM   #73
Supporter

I was into Taking Back Sunday in College (Many moon ago). I recently dug up some of their stuff that aged pretty well while I was bored on the tractor. Poking around their albums, this one came up. Taking Back Sunday got a lot wrong, but this one hit some notes. Pretty heavy shit. Probably not the saddest ever, but well done.

Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:37 PM   #74
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cripple creek View Post
For sure the saddest song every written.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 12:57 AM   #75
Fight, build, win!

Townes didnt have to wait around to long, booze and codeine took him quik what a loss.

srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.