Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 05:21 PM  
Special Teams ACE!!!

"The refs!!!" and generational QBs

I've noticed that no matter what Mahomes does, there will always be a portion of opposing NFL fans who are both too stupid and too prideful to bend the knee. The problem for them is Mahomes has accomplished everything he needs to do to be a part of NFL QB Mt. Rushmore before he's even 30 years old, so they're going to latch on to the one bulletproof excuse they have left: The refs!

You saw it with that Kermit Raider fan wearing a Mahomes/ref kissing shirt. Go to any reddit/twatter/facespace/whatever thread and some hater will chime in with "Y no holding callz in teh Super Bowlz???"

Then it occurred to me that many of us were doing the same thing when it was our QBless trainwreck franchise trying to beat Manning, Brady, etc. for years. Even now I think back to that AFCC game and that ****ing horrific fake roughing call on Jones and the no-fumble verdict on Edelman and I can't help but shake my head and think those calls go different ways if we're not playing Brady.

So I guess now that I'm on the other side of things, and the losers who scream REFS! at all of Mahomes' accomplishments are making asses of themselves, I feel like I need to make a time machine and go back and slap myself in the face for being a sourpuss hater.

Are you in the same boat?
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM   #2
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

I think the counterpoint is that we were correct back then. brady got all of the calls for his entire career to a degree that cannot elude suspicion. Manning got all of the calls in his final season when he was the 33rd-ranked QB in a 32-team league.

And now? We see the greatness of Mahomes that not only does not get favorable treatment, but he doesn't need favorable treatment.

So no. We were correct back then and we're correct now.

Last edited by Rain Man; Yesterday at 05:50 PM..
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 13 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM   #3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
I've noticed that no matter what Mahomes does, there will always be a portion of opposing NFL fans who are both too stupid and too prideful to bend the knee. The problem for them is Mahomes has accomplished everything he needs to do to be a part of NFL QB Mt. Rushmore before he's even 30 years old, so they're going to latch on to the one bulletproof excuse they have left: The refs!

You saw it with that Kermit Raider fan wearing a Mahomes/ref kissing shirt. Go to any reddit/twatter/facespace/whatever thread and some hater will chime in with "Y no holding callz in teh Super Bowlz???"

Then it occurred to me that many of us were doing the same thing when it was our QBless trainwreck franchise trying to beat Manning, Brady, etc. for years. Even now I think back to that AFCC game and that ****ing horrific fake roughing call on Jones and the no-fumble verdict on Edelman and I can't help but shake my head and think those calls go different ways if we're not playing Brady.

So I guess now that I'm on the other side of things, and the losers who scream REFS! at all of Mahomes' accomplishments are making asses of themselves, I feel like I need to make a time machine and go back and slap myself in the face for being a sourpuss hater.

Are you in the same boat?
I agree, mostly. I can't really argue with the Edelman fumble because I couldn't see anywhere on the replay where he had touched it, but we got the ball back on a Sorensen interception almost immediately. The Chris Jones roughing as absolute bullshit though.
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.
Old Yesterday, 05:39 PM   #4
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I think the counterpoint is that we were correct back then. brady got all of the calls for his entire career to a degree that cannot elude suspicion. Manning got all of the calls in his final season as the league when he was the 33rd-ranked QB in a 32-team league.

And now? We see the greatness of Mahomes that not only does not get favorable treatment, but he doesn't need favorable treatment.

This makes me feel better. Thank you.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM   #5
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Yeah, same.

Whenever a great QB comes along and dominates year after year, that’s when the hate and the accusations about cheating, ref issues, or whatever starts. Happened with Montana, Manning, Brady, and now it’s just Pat’s turn. And let’s face it, people love conspiracy theories.

I think Pat has gotten a few calls maybe he shouldn’t have, but there’s also a bunch he didn’t get that I think he should’ve. Is what it is.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:45 PM   #6
YOU take YOUR seat

The refs love the Chiefs so much that they threw more flags on our players than anyone else! At least on offense.

We have the most penalized player in the league playing right tackle and Sneed was 5th for most penalties in the league.

Haters just hating for the sake of hating.
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:45 PM   #7
Fan since 1997

If the last SB was any indication, it was the whiners getting all the calls. From that incomplete catch late in the 4th, to Pacheco being ruled short of 1st down. We are talking about game defining plays that wrongly went in favor of the whiner team. Calls going in favor of the Chiefs have mostly been legit.
Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Yesterday, 05:50 PM   #8
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
This makes me feel better. Thank you.
I'm glad to clear that up.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM   #9
MVP

Chiefs were one of the most penalized teams in the league last year. But other fans want a flag thrown against Kansas City on every play, while their teams are never penalized for anything.

That said, Tom Brady really did get a lot of help from the refs. Mahomes has taken his fair share of late hits and dirty shots to the legs that would easily be flagged as roughing the passer for Tom Brady.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Yesterday, 05:54 PM   #10
Three-Pat

It’s the nature of fandom. Heck people on here still complain about the refs when KC loses. The reactions to the refs will always be slanted based on the side the team is on. It’s like how the other team holds on every play and gets away with it while the team that the fans support play pristinely along the line.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM   #11
Perpetual Mediocrity

Nah, Brady is nothing without his refs and his defenses. Biggest fraud in sports history.

Mahomes needs neither one to win SBs.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM   #12
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I think the counterpoint is that we were correct back then. brady got all of the calls for his entire career to a degree that cannot elude suspicion. Manning got all of the calls in his final season when he was the 33rd-ranked QB in a 32-team league.

I am rarely one to point and blame refs, but I just can’t fathom how in SB LV they had a ref there who was so enamored with Brady that she named her son after him. Was she unbiased? Possibly, but that’s very suspicious and poor optics.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM   #13
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
Nah, Brady is nothing without his refs and his defenses. Biggest fraud in sports history.

Mahomes needs neither one to win SBs.
Did you not watch the playoffs last year? If KC didn’t have an elite defense there is no talk of a three peat right now.
Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
It’s the nature of fandom. Heck people on here still complain about the refs when KC loses. The reactions to the refs will always be slanted based on the side the team is on. It’s like how the other team holds on every play and gets away with it while the team that the fans support play pristinely along the line.
The thing about holding is that it could be called on every single play. When there is a large discrepancy in the calls, I am suspicious that the refs are steering the game in some way...probably for gambling purposes. Either call it on both teams, or don't call it on both teams. But don't stack the deck against one team compared to the other one.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Yesterday, 06:00 PM   #15
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Yeah, same.

Whenever a great QB comes along and dominates year after year, that’s when the hate and the accusations about cheating, ref issues, or whatever starts. Happened with Montana, Manning, Brady, and now it’s just Pat’s turn. And let’s face it, people love conspiracy theories.

I think Pat has gotten a few calls maybe he shouldn’t have, but there’s also a bunch he didn’t get that I think he should’ve. Is what it is.

With Brady there's documented evidence, and the most damning was destroyed by Goodell.
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.