Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2022, 09:39 PM   #11
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink View Post
Have you compared his experience on this soccer team and paralleling it with life ? That life for the most part is not fair and regardless of his hard work and production that at times won't get any acknowledgement. There are no guarantees. But I do get where you are coming from.

It's sad that as the more narcissistic our society becomes the more the childhood is taken away from the kids who are not allowed to be kids because coaches and parents haven't worked through their own personal sh** and thus project big time making everyone miserable around them. I am not saying this is your situation BUT as some have said as you and your son progress in his athletic career whatever sport he participates in you will find more often than not coaches(well meaning even) have personal issues and be ready for it. It's a fine line when to address things with the coach and when not to because it may be a huge life lesson to be learned by your son that might get ruined if you intervene and vice versa.
We had this very talk tonight. I explained to my Son that life isn't fair and that just because you work harder and may deserve things more than others, often times you will be looked over and those who don't deserve credit will get it anyway.

He knows he just has to keep working hard. Every time we experience one of these set backs, he just sees it as motivation to prove them wrong. He may not ever prove them wrong but I have to support him in his effort to do so.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote