Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-23-2019, 02:58 PM  
Special Teams ACE!!!

***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Last edited by RealSNR; 07-23-2019 at 05:44 PM..
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:47 PM   #316
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
I don't think that's what Reid wants.

Tyreek was fantastic stretching the defense horizontally. When Reid began using him more traditionally, having him stretch vertically, he lost SOME of that horizontal element. You obviously can't have Tyreek doing two things at once.

DaT was suppose to be that guy, and every offseason they talked up DAT's special packages, and you did in fact see them on gameday. Though he obviously wasn't quite as effective (though effective at times) and couldn't stay healthy.

I think Reid wants to use Hardman to bring back that special ability to stretch horizontally. Force defenses to respect the jet sweeps, fakes, reverses etc even MORESO than they already do by putting a true play maker back there again.

Just look at Hardman's quote the other day for example. They asked Hardman how Tyreek being back changes things for him and he answered something like, "It doesn't change anything i'm doing. Still the same plan moving forward".

My impression was that Hardman has a specific job, and it was never to take Tyreek's role in this offense, but to work on his specific role that Reid has set out for him all along.
Yup. It's the old Dante Hall/Percy Harvin gig.

It was what Tyreek was brought in to do originally, but he turned out to be far more awesome than expected. Turns out Hill is more of a Steve Smith than Percy Harvin.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:59 PM   #317
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
Yup. It's the old Dante Hall/Percy Harvin gig.

It was what Tyreek was brought in to do originally, but he turned out to be far more awesome than expected. Turns out Hill is more of a Steve Smith than Percy Harvin.
Remember when Tyreek averaged 9.7 yards a catch as a rookie?
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:29 PM   #318
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Also if he actually held out till the 6th which was as long as he could hold out for and not be a RFA, his fines would add up to almost his entire 2019 salary.
Those fines would've been waived immediately upon agreement on a long-term deal.

If they were closer, I'm betting he'd have stayed away until it was finalized. By reporting, I think he gives quite a bit of credibility to his 'threat' of just playing out the season and getting into FA.

Veach really does need to get a deal done with one of these 2 pending FAs to clear up that franchise tag. If nothing else, it allows them to tag/trade Jones even if they decide they can't fit him into their salary structure.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:30 PM   #319
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Those fines would've been waived immediately upon agreement on a long-term deal.

If they were closer, I'm betting he'd have stayed away until it was finalized. By reporting, I think he gives quite a bit of credibility to his 'threat' of just playing out the season and getting into FA.

Veach really does need to get a deal done with one of these 2 pending FAs to clear up that franchise tag. If nothing else, it allows them to tag/trade Jones even if they decide they can't fit him into their salary structure.
Tag and trade may be the likely end of this to be honest.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:36 PM   #320

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
Another highly insightful post-thing from Mr. Detoxing.

The horizontal game is the secret sauce to this offense. A defense simply cannot cover every square inch of a football field with 11 dudes. Especially when those 11 dudes are exhausted as a laser-tag cat by the mid-3rd.

The way I see it, the plan is probably to give Hardman a dual role. Threaten with the vertical and destroy with the jet.

FAX
And Mahomes is uniquely well suited to run it.

You give most quarterbacks these weapons and defenses still don't have to cover everywhere the WR can get to because the QB can't get the ball there. But there's just not a throw that Mahomes can't make.

There's a looooooot of green out there and the limiting factor tends to be the QBs ability to get the ball to it. There's about 5,800 square yards of space out there and Mahomes can fire the ball into about 4,000 square yards of it from the goalline. Literally every square inch of that field is open for business on a simple touchback.

When you have that much space to work with, having guys that can get simply outrun people to a spot is damn near impossible to stop.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 02:38 PM   #321
MVP

I hope Clark is using every bit of pull he has to get uncapped QB contracts in the next CBA.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:39 PM   #322
Veteran

Quote:

We get a franchise and transition tag this next offseason.
Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:40 PM   #323
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
I hope Clark is using every bit of pull he has to get uncapped QB contracts in the next CBA.
What - like the QB contract doesn't count against the cap?
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:40 PM   #324
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
...are they capped now?
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:41 PM   #325
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
What - like the QB contract doesn't count against the cap?
There was talk of it awhile ago.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:42 PM   #326
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
There was talk of it awhile ago.
That would be stupid as hell. Why should 1 players salary be exempt from the salary cap?
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:44 PM   #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorce View Post
We get a franchise and transition tag this next offseason.
I don't know enough about the transition tag to know if it gives you the ability to 'secure' a player's rights and trade them.

I know it gives us the right to match a deal, but opposing teams won't really care about that and with so many teams having a ton of cap space, it won't be difficult to structure one in a way that makes it REAL hard for the Chiefs to match.

And as there's no compensation in return to the Chiefs if they don't match, it won't do anything to prevent teams from throwing gobs of money at him if they want to.

Ultimately I could see it allowing us to secure some nominal value; maybe a 3rd rounder or something for a team with a ton of cap space that knows they can match whatever an opposing team offers him, but even that assumes that they are allowed to to a 'tag and trade' on a transition tag. I mean....I guess they could.

So it's better'n nothin'.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:48 PM   #328

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
That would be stupid as hell. Why should 1 players salary be exempt from the salary cap?
Every non-QB in the league is trying to figure out how to get some of these mediocre QB salaries reallocated into other positions.

I mean they have a mechanism for it already when they determine franchise tag values based on positions. Why couldn't they also have different cap configurations for different positions?

But the other thing that would serve to do is make the league even more 'have/have not' than it already is. There's such a clear line of demarcation between the teams with elite passers and those that don't have one. If you allow teams an 'uncapped' QB position to just spend as much as they want on that one guy and still be on equal footing vs. the cap everywhere else, that force multiplier effect that a great QB has becomes even stronger.

Oh, and think long and hard before you decide you really want that. Right now the Cowboys can offer something kinda crazy to pry him out of here but are still constrained by the cap. You uncap the QB position though and Jerry Jones, the ****ing ancient billionaire who can't take it with him, will throw so much money at Mahomes that Clark Hunt may simply lack the financial wherewithal to match it.

I think the last thing I'd want is an uncapped QB position because everybody and their mothers will be coming after Mahomes with reckless abandon. At that point it's all about which team's owner has the best cash position and Clark Hunt isn't gonna win that war.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:54 PM   #329
Hockey Town

Josh Norman was talking on tv last year about capping what QB's can make because it's screwing the rest of them over, don't think players don't think about this shit.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 02:55 PM   #330
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Every non-QB in the league is trying to figure out how to get some of these mediocre QB salaries reallocated into other positions.

I mean they have a mechanism for it already when they determine franchise tag values based on positions. Why couldn't they also have different cap configurations for different positions?

But the other thing that would serve to do is make the league even more 'have/have not' than it already is. There's such a clear line of demarcation between the teams with elite passers and those that don't have one. If you allow teams an 'uncapped' QB position to just spend as much as they want on that one guy and still be on equal footing vs. the cap everywhere else, that force multiplier effect that a great QB has becomes even stronger.

Oh, and think long and hard before you decide you really want that. Right now the Cowboys can offer something kinda crazy to pry him out of here but are still constrained by the cap. You uncap the QB position though and Jerry Jones, the ****ing ancient billionaire who can't take it with him, will throw so much money at Mahomes that Clark Hunt may simply lack the financial wherewithal to match it.

I think the last thing I'd want is an uncapped QB position because everybody and their mothers will be coming after Mahomes with reckless abandon. At that point it's all about which team's owner has the best cash position and Clark Hunt isn't gonna win that war.
Exactly. The best part about the NFL is just how hard building a roster is because of the cap. Make the QB position uncapped and a lot of shitty GMs will start looking good because their owners will just throw money around like it's nothing. It won't be just the QBs getting stupid money too. Because if you can pay 50 million to Mahomes and it not count against the cap, that leaves 190MM in salary cap dollars you can spend. So now you can overpay for just about every position to get the best talent around him. That takes all the skill out of being a GM and would be the worst thing to happen in the NFL.