Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-18-2023, 02:37 PM   #2
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
My son is, so I've heard some stuff. I don't hate it but I don't really pursue it.
The vocals can be hard to get used to. Yelling is one thing (Slayer, Pantera), but I tend to tune out the moment I hear some guy growling like an animal, or like he's about to vomit (Cannibal Corpse).
AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 07:55 AM   #3
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush View Post
The vocals can be hard to get used to. Yelling is one thing (Slayer, Pantera), but I tend to tune out the moment I hear some guy growling like an animal, or like he's about to vomit (Cannibal Corpse).
What kills me is, I honestly feel like the vocals could be sung by a really talented vocalist for most of this stuff and it would make it better. Cannibal Corpse is a great example of "What the **** is he grumbling about?"

I hate that shit. There's a place for emotion and screaming, but when it's all garbled shit, it's...well...shit.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 08:11 AM   #4
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
What kills me is, I honestly feel like the vocals could be sung by a really talented vocalist for most of this stuff and it would make it better. Cannibal Corpse is a great example of "What the **** is he grumbling about?"

I hate that shit. There's a place for emotion and screaming, but when it's all garbled shit, it's...well...shit.
I can understand different tastes in vocal styles but the bands name is Cannibal Corpse.

Are you really expecting a song called Stripped, Raped and Strangled to be sang with a Meat Loaf vocal style?

Think of death metal vocals as an additional instrument. Nobody gives a single **** about the lyrics.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2023, 02:36 PM   #5
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush View Post
Are any of you old metalheads into newer stuff? For me Gojira, Lamb of God, and Meshuggah are go-tos.
Gojira is probably the best "modern" metal band from a purely talent stand point. They put on an absolutely amazing show at The Cotillion recently. Their stuff runs from death metal to progressive metal. Just an amazing band. Love how they continually evolve their sound, but you know it is Gojira regardless of album/song when you hear it.

I've never been able to get into Lamb of God or Meshuggah. Both are talented bands, just something misses for me.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-18-2023, 02:49 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
Gojira is probably the best "modern" metal band from a purely talent stand point. They put on an absolutely amazing show at The Cotillion recently. Their stuff runs from death metal to progressive metal. Just an amazing band. Love how they continually evolve their sound, but you know it is Gojira regardless of album/song when you hear it.

I've never been able to get into Lamb of God or Meshuggah. Both are talented bands, just something misses for me.
I saw Gojira a few years ago at a Deftones show and had heard of them but never really listened before. The show was fine but I wasn't super into it until they closed the show with The Gift of Guilt. For whatever reason, that song resonates with me, both the music and the lyrics, so much that it almost gets me emotional.

WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-20-2023, 03:48 PM   #7
Stay down bitch!

You mentioned City Gardens, fun fact Jon Stewart used to bartend there back in the day when he was a struggling comedian. I actually read an interview where he talked about his time there.
PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-18-2023, 02:44 PM   #8
Here We Go Again

I love Melodic Death Metal.

lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-18-2023, 02:44 PM   #9
Here We Go Again

Old 04-18-2023, 02:47 PM   #10
Here We Go Again

Some modernish Thrash.

Old 04-18-2023, 02:47 PM   #11
Here We Go Again

Crazy Finnish Space Metal.

Old 04-18-2023, 03:29 PM   #12
Starter

I was looking up what happened to a few of these places we used to go to and as I figured most are closed now or have been demolished.

The place in Asbury Park I couldn't remember was the Stone Pony and looks like that's still around. I forgot about the Trocadero in Philly (closed just a few years ago) that was a pretty good place to go and interestingly City Gardens (closed) had Jon Stewart as bartender from 1984-1987, that was right in my time-frame so he probably poured me a beer or two at some point.
kpic must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kpic must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kpic must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kpic must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kpic must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kpic must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kpic must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kpic must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kpic must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kpic must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kpic must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-18-2023, 07:48 PM   #13
In Mahomes I trust!

OK, Dark Horse look what we have done! Let's do this!
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 08:21 PM   #14
In Mahomes I trust!

Judas Priest - Painkiller

RAMMSTEIN - Armee der Tristen

STRYPER - Murder By Pride

LOUDNESS - Jealousy

QUEENSRYCHE - Take Hold of the Flame

Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark

AIRBOURNE - Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast

VOLBEAT - Shotgun Blues

RAVEN - Mind Over Metal

DIO - The Last in Line

ACCEPT - Balls to the Wall

METAL RULES THE LAND!

Last edited by Stryker; 04-19-2023 at 08:45 PM..
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:35 PM   #15
WhatUneed2Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
QUEENSRYCHE - Take Hold of the Flame

RAVEN - Mind Over Metal

Queensryche I still listen to occasionally and that Raven album is HIGHLY underrated amazing to this day still.
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.