Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics > In Memoriam
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-12-2022, 05:32 PM   #2
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Mods want to merge this one or just delete it since it is obvious someone did not even look before posting.
This. My bad.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2022, 05:25 PM   #3
Seeking the Truth daily

Lenny and Marty were very much the reason many of us found our love for this team. Mr Hunt was icing on that cake. Makes me very sad to think its Lenny's time. Had multiple opportunities to talk to him over the years and will always remember such a gentleman and fine person.

Heaven gains a great new member

Prayers for the Dawson family.
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2022, 06:27 PM   #4
I’m a Mahomo!

My childhood hero.

Heartbreaking news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2022, 06:34 PM   #5
In Mahomes I trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Lenny the cool to Otis Taylor hooked me then. Sorry to hear of his health state. You were the man back in the day. You’ll be remembered. [/url]
Absolutely this! I hope and pray for him but, I have to say, I am so very glad he got to see Mahomes, Kelce and Hill get that Super Bowl win 50 years later! That is really, really special! God bless Lenny the Cool!
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-12-2022, 06:55 PM   #6
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Absolutely this! I hope and pray for him but, I have to say, I am so very glad he got to see Mahomes, Kelce and Hill get that Super Bowl win 50 years later! That is really, really special! God bless Lenny the Cool!
Lenny the cool was the definition of a cool player back in the day. Sitting on a metal folding chair, Fresca and a smoke at halftime. That’s as cool as it gets back then. It’s an iconic image.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 09:16 PM   #7
In Mahomes I trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Lenny the cool was the definition of a cool player back in the day. Sitting on a metal folding chair, Fresca and a smoke at halftime. That’s as cool as it gets back then. It’s an iconic image.
And exactly why he is a permanent part of my man cave!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lenny.jpg (44.1 KB, 68 views)
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-12-2022, 05:27 PM   #8
Fish are scared of me

The "Len Dawson Lounge" what's the hold up?
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2022, 05:31 PM   #9
Fight, build, win!

It took a special man to lead a special team. When I was a kid playing pickup games on any piece of grass field or even on neighborhood streets I was Otis Taylor receiving passes from Lenny the cool.

Then one by one the greatest team I felt was ever assembled retired or moved on. Lenny didn't leave he became the voice of the KC Chiefs. He never wavered in his belief in the team and promoted players of past and present and was a supporter of the city. When your voice became silent I knew it had to be bad.

I pray for an easy passage to your eternal rest. When it is your time it will be like a family member has passed. I will never forget as long as I am breathing the memories you made.

Lenny The Cool the legend and Hall or Fame man, you will be missed.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 05:37 PM   #10
Starter

Sad to read about this, hopefully he’s not in too much discomfort. I was reading about his early life and learned that he was a seventh son from a seventh son, that can’t happen too often. Also read that he was All State in both football and basketball.
kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.kevrunner is not part of the Right 53.
Old 08-12-2022, 05:42 PM   #11
MVP

I enjoyed listening to him when he was commentator for Chiefs football games on the radio. "You have to protect the quarterback" he would always say.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-12-2022, 06:11 PM   #12
In my youth i pray to keep

Sad to hear
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2022, 05:40 PM   #13
MVP

I remember he came a couple times to our grade school and would eat a school lunch at the front table in the cafeteria. Always in a good mood whenever I saw him in public.

I love how he credits being the seventh son of a seventh son as a reason for his success in life.

NFL Network should have a tribute slate of games and shows ready when he does pass.

I will save the 1962 AFL Championship Game on the DVR if they show that. I heard a lot about that game, but have not watched.
jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 08-12-2022, 05:48 PM   #14
I don’t care for Auburn

The original Chiefs legend.
RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-12-2022, 05:49 PM   #15
Cynical Misanthrope

Very sad. Growing up in KC, he was football royalty. The only other player in KC history at the time that could hold a candle to him was George Brett. I’m glad he got to see KC win another ring. He was good to this organization for many, many years.

My wife is getting her master’s degree in nursing and she chose Purdue University. When i heard, I said, “Awesome! You’ll be a BoilerMaker just like Lenny Dawson!” She got a look on her face and started to say something (undoubtedly “who?”) and I just said, “The 2nd best KC QB ever. Lenny the cool. Just nod and say, ‘cool’.” She did. And so now she and Lenny the Cool have something in common, although I don’t think she puts as much weight on it as I do.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.