Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2024, 01:48 AM  
I got Rice cookin in the micro

What year did football become bigger than Baseball

?
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 04:36 PM   #76
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
Way more parity in baseball than the NFL especially when it comes to championships. But facts don't matter to CP. 8 different champions in the last 9 years. In NFL, Brady and Mahomes have 6 of the 9 Super Bowl wins. In the NBA, LeBron and Curry have 6 of the 9 NBA Finals wins.

Royals have the same number of World Series wins in the last 40 years as the Dodgers, Cardinals, and Braves. Yankees haven't been to the World Series since 2009.
Ironically that parity probably hurts the World Series' TV ratings.

Big teams/big brands making it every year such as the Yankees, Dodgers etc. would no doubt help increase TV ratings.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 08:02 PM   #77
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I'd have to drink an unhealthy amount of booze to sit through a baseball game.

that is the best thing to do at a baseball game
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 08:06 PM   #78
It was not a fair catch

I could not tell you the last time I watched a full baseball game on tv.

I watched the first Wolves playoff game and was thoroughly BORED. I dont know if it was that I am uninterested, or the announcers sucked. But I wont make that mistake again.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 08:13 PM   #79
Everybody Lies.

The strike season of 1994 was pretty much the end of my baseball life. That was the last year I played little league. Up to that point if I wasn't watching the Royals on tv, I was listening on the radio. Every single game. I was really enjoying the Royals that season too.

When the strike happened, I moved on to basketball and football and never really looked back. I am still a Royals fan but I've never been invested in the regular season like I was when I was a kid.
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 10:42 PM   #80
No Keys, No Problem

I think it was before the 94 Major League baseball strike. A long time before that. Probably in the '70s when the Steelers were kicking ass.
Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-29-2024, 10:47 PM   #81
Politically Incorrect

Something not mentioned yet was the explosion of sports bars in the 90's.

Growing up I never saw Chiefs games on TV except an occasional 4pm Game of the Week against the Broncos or Raiders.

Once fantasy football and sports bars exploded, so did football.

It's on a whole other level.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 11:08 PM   #82
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88 View Post
Ironically that parity probably hurts the World Series' TV ratings.

Big teams/big brands making it every year such as the Yankees, Dodgers etc. would no doubt help increase TV ratings.
Well yes, that is probably right.

I don't think it is anything like it was, but in the NBA, the biggest stars from the big market teams got more calls than the biggest stars from the small market teams.

The Sacramento Kings got robbed blind against the Lakers during a Kobe conference championship.

And that was the last time I took the NBA seriously.

Have no idea why anyone would support a small market team cannon fodder team.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-29-2024, 11:13 PM   #83
No Keys, No Problem

Watching baseball is like watching flies f***. It's constant minutius inactivity. It's not exciting on a consistent basis. They play 100,000 games a year and none of them matter on their own. Major League baseball should pay the fans to watch it.
Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-30-2024, 10:33 AM   #84
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
I could not tell you the last time I watched a full baseball game on tv.

I watched the first Wolves playoff game and was thoroughly BORED. I dont know if it was that I am uninterested, or the announcers sucked. But I wont make that mistake again.
If you don't enjoy Ant Edwards, you probably don't understand basketball.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2024, 01:06 PM   #85
Future NBA Finals MVP

Interesting chart from Gallup. Appears to indicate in the mid 60's football overtook baseball. Basketball remained pretty constant with only a slight uptick in the 90's and early 2000's. Baseball and basketball neck and neck.

BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.