Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2017, 01:56 PM   #9076
Cast Iron Jedi

What's For Dinner? Here's Mine Vol. 3.

I bought some prime rib cap steaks today for tomorrow.

Last edited by Fire Me Boy!; 08-26-2017 at 02:51 PM..
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2017, 02:05 PM   #9077
pie is never free

Just doing the old standby fajitas tonight, found a good deal on grass fed sirloin and picked up some La Preferida fajita seasoning

I'll put some Spanish rice with it, and top them with sour cream
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:08 PM   #9078
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post

I've never heard of prime rib cap steaks. How are they different than a ribeye?
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:11 PM   #9079
pie is never free

That is some fantastic marbling, they're gonna be some flavorful and tender mfers
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:11 PM   #9080
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
I've never heard of prime rib cap steaks. How are they different than a ribeye?

The rib cap is just the cap part of the rib eye. You know - the best part of the rib eye!
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2017, 08:34 PM   #9081
I like Pie!

Tomorrow will be crock pot chicken pot pie (stew) and biscuits. Never made it, total wing job.
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2017, 08:52 PM   #9082
Politically Incorrect

Quote:

Great learning moment.

How do you grill them so they don't flare up and become burnt on the outside and raw on the inside? Those are big think pieces of marbleized steaks.

Do you sear them in a pan and then finish in oven?

I also never heard of those until now.

What kind of price per pound are those?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:27 PM   #9083
MVP

Quote:

Bet that's tastee, We call the it the lip, I guess then you cut it off as a large piece they call it cap. Like the piece of meat between the thigh and the back on a bird. yummee!

Last edited by cooper barrett; 08-27-2017 at 01:20 PM..
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:30 PM   #9084
Supporter

Quote:
The rib cap is just the cap part of the rib eye. You know - the best part of the rib eye!
Are you even messing with sous vide on those? They look like they'd be plenty flavorful just giving them a high temp grilling from room temp to med rare.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:48 PM   #9085
MVP

bone-in Strips(last of them thankfully)
Flat iron(yummy yummy)
Steamed Broccoli
Watermelon
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-27-2017, 04:38 AM   #9086
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Are you even messing with sous vide on those? They look like they'd be plenty flavorful just giving them a high temp grilling from room temp to med rare.

They're really thick, 2"+, so yeah, planning to sous vide them probably to rare and finish on the grill to medium rare. I don't sous vide to improve flavor; I do it to better control temperature if the final product. Giant hunks of meat like these are pretty difficult to grill perfectly, and at $20/pound, I really don't wanna **** it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Great learning moment.

How do you grill them so they don't flare up and become burnt on the outside and raw on the inside? Those are big think pieces of marbleized steaks.

Do you sear them in a pan and then finish in oven?

I also never heard of those until now.

What kind of price per pound are those?

Like above, I'll sous vide. I'd never seen them till I got a Costco membership. These are prime, and $20/pound.

You could reverse sear them on indirect heat to about 120 degrees to control flare ups, then move to direct for the sear and finish. Or like you said, sear and finish in the oven.
Old 08-27-2017, 05:04 AM   #9087
Supporter

Quote:
They're really thick, 2"+, so yeah, planning to sous vide them probably to rare and finish on the grill to medium rare. I don't sous vide to improve flavor; I do it to better control temperature if the final product. Giant hunks of meat like these are pretty difficult to grill perfectly, and at $20/pound, I really don't wanna **** it up.

Like above, I'll sous vide. I'd never seen them till I got a Costco membership. These are prime, and $20/pound.

You could reverse sear them on indirect heat to about 120 degrees to control flare ups, then move to direct for the sear and finish. Or like you said, sear and finish in the oven.
That probably more to how finicky you are about the definition of [med] rare.
I say medium rare, but if the meat is good enough, anything above room temperature is good enough for me.
That's why I said room temp to grill. The grill is for the Malliard, and the time for the crust is unavoidable, and it's likely that whatever interior temp achieved in that time is sufficient, particularly with this meat.

For me, the even more than the precise temp control, sous vide is about the buttery texture for cheaper cuts over time.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-27-2017, 05:17 AM   #9088
Cast Iron Jedi

What's For Dinner? Here's Mine Vol. 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
That probably more to how finicky you are about the definition of [med] rare.

I say medium rare, but if the meat is good enough, anything above room temperature is good enough for me.

That's why I said room temp to grill. The grill is for the Malliard, and the time for the crust is unavoidable, and it's likely that whatever interior temp achieved in that time is sufficient, particularly with this meat.

For me, the even more than the precise temp control, sous vide is about the buttery texture for cheaper cuts over time.

I'm good with rare beef on a prime cut like this, assuming we're not talking "blue," but the wife won't do rare. Sous vide really shines on the long cooks with cheap cuts, but equally useful for perfectly cooking large pieces of meat that would otherwise be pretty difficult to get perfect.

Old 08-27-2017, 08:01 AM   #9089
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
I'm good with rare beef on a prime cut like this, assuming we're not talking "blue," but the wife won't do rare. Sous vide really shines on the long cooks with cheap cuts, but equally useful for perfectly cooking large pieces of meat that would otherwise be pretty difficult to get perfect.

I'd still do the hot-as-hell cast iron pan with rosemary (sear the edges, then 3.25 minutes each side), then the 500-degree oven for 5 minutes.

And that's because I still don't have the Sous vide gear.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-27-2017, 10:05 AM   #9090
Be Kind To Your Pets

Last night I had Chili Dogs with Toledo Tony Packo chili. They were good, but came back for a curtain call around 3am....
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.