Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-20-2020, 09:08 AM   #2
I'll be back.

just do trial and error

more fun to make mistakes that way and deal with the consequences
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2020, 02:36 PM   #3
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
just do trial and error

more fun to make mistakes that way and deal with the consequences
Yeah. That is what I've been doing. It's fun, I was just hoping to get a better feel of what we can actually do this off-season. Cap magic will need to be worked lol.

Also, Frank Clark's rating is that low. An 83? Should be closer to a 90.
Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 01-20-2020, 09:31 AM   #4
You gotta kill a few people

Madden is pretty limited as far as contracts and money management are concerned. I don't believe there's any way to backload or frontload deals to make room.

But it's kind of realistic in the sense that you'll need to make some tough decisions at key positions. You can't sign Mahomes, Chris Jones, and Kendall Fuller to long-term deals while also keeping Watkins.

It's been a while since I've played franchise mode but I pretty much unload Watkins as soon as possible. Then I target OL for retooling. Fisher and LDT are both like 76-80 OVR but taking up massive amounts of cap space. You can find rookies just below that OVR range making a fraction of what they do and contribute just as well.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:39 PM   #5
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Madden is pretty limited as far as contracts and money management are concerned. I don't believe there's any way to backload or frontload deals to make room.

But it's kind of realistic in the sense that you'll need to make some tough decisions at key positions. You can't sign Mahomes, Chris Jones, and Kendall Fuller to long-term deals while also keeping Watkins.

It's been a while since I've played franchise mode but I pretty much unload Watkins as soon as possible. Then I target OL for retooling. Fisher and LDT are both like 76-80 OVR but taking up massive amounts of cap space. You can find rookies just below that OVR range making a fraction of what they do and contribute just as well.
Okay thank you. And funny you mentioned the O Line. One of the big things I've been trying to do is find a way to beef that up while keeping it realistic. I'm trying to see what options we have in real life with it.

Or I can cut some people and trade picks for Jason Kelce
Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 01-22-2020, 05:44 PM   #6
Banned

Still has mechanics that should’ve been fixed. Like the dB going in motion before the WR does is annoying and screams scripted. A safety staring at a ball hover over him when it’s intercept-able
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 01-22-2020, 06:00 PM   #7
pie is never free

I’ve had enough of never catching contested deep throws, even with elite receivers

It doesn’t seem to matter how much I pop the highlight stick and mash the triangle button... the result is always the same

It’s also been pissing me off that this mfer will NEVER give me a good old blowout on anything other than rookie mode... EVERY ****ing game is a nailbiter, I sure hope next years version is better
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2020, 01:48 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
I’ve had enough of never catching contested deep throws, even with elite receivers

It doesn’t seem to matter how much I pop the highlight stick and mash the triangle button... the result is always the same

It’s also been pissing me off that this mfer will NEVER give me a good old blowout on anything other than rookie mode... EVERY ****ing game is a nailbiter, I sure hope next years version is better
Yes! Got damn. Don’t even get me started on fumbles (yes I’ve decreased it heavily). Or as you alluded, the recover never makes a play for the balk when it’s thrown deep - just lets the cpu automatically have first grabs
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 01-25-2020, 01:56 PM   #9
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorry View Post
Yes! Got damn. Don’t even get me started on fumbles (yes I’ve decreased it heavily). Or as you alluded, the recover never makes a play for the balk when it’s thrown deep - just lets the cpu automatically have first grabs
You can (usually) avoid fumbles by holding down Right 1 before contact

But yeah, this years version has really pissed me off

Winning on anything other than rookie mode is tough as hell, but 7-8 years ago I was whipping All Madden mode constantly... they've really made it a lot tougher

I wonder if anyone else here has the same complaint of contested throws down the field...
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2020, 07:46 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
You can (usually) avoid fumbles by holding down Right 1 before contact

But yeah, this years version has really pissed me off

Winning on anything other than rookie mode is tough as hell, but 7-8 years ago I was whipping All Madden mode constantly... they've really made it a lot tougher

I wonder if anyone else here has the same complaint of contested throws down the field...
I wonder how madden will play on next gen. It’s just so stupid when throwing contested balls. Not to mention the ****ing guy is wide open and I hit him in stride and then a dB flies in like a middle and dislodges it. I press a for possession catch but it still gets knocked out at an extremely high rate
Old 01-25-2020, 08:44 PM   #11

Some of your complaints are legitimate bullshit. They're wonky CPU bs the AI uses to level the playing field.

.. but I will say, if you're playing competitive games on rookie setting then you just don't have a lot of skill. That's not a knock on you so don't take it that way.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-26-2020, 05:02 PM   #12
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Some of your complaints are legitimate bullshit. They're wonky CPU bs the AI uses to level the playing field.

.. but I will say, if you're playing competitive games on rookie setting then you just don't have a lot of skill. That's not a knock on you so don't take it that way.
My problem is that games on rookie aren’t even close to competitive, it’s way too easy... I want competition and realism

So I go to pro and MAYBE win one out of ten, it crazy

Used to play religiously from late 90s up to around 2014-15, and never had a problem progressing through the levels, to the point I’d be winning more than losing on All Madden in short order

It didn’t used to be this difficult to master each years differences and quirks
Old 02-10-2020, 05:14 PM   #13

Quote:
My problem is that games on rookie aren’t even close to competitive, it’s way too easy... I want competition and realism

So I go to pro and MAYBE win one out of ten, it crazy

Used to play religiously from late 90s up to around 2014-15, and never had a problem progressing through the levels, to the point I’d be winning more than losing on All Madden in short order

It didn’t used to be this difficult to master each years differences and quirks
Sliders are going to be your friend, then. When I first picked up 20 I started on All-Pro and just kept adjusting sliders after every few games. Like, one of my issues was that the CPU OL always played like they were 99 OVR across the board. So I reduced the CPU run blocking. I reduced the CPU tackle breaking as well because there's nothing more frustrating than watching three defenders miss tackles on the same play. On the other side of the ball I found it a bit too easy to carve up the AI, so I increased the CPU reaction pass defense and interceptions.

Once I found something that worked for me I was getting pretty realistic seasons. Then after playing online for a bit and learning more I bumped it up to All-Madden.

Don't discredit the effect of the bold either though. I played Madden my whole life. It culminated back in 06. I probably played half a thousand games that year and only lost 5 times. Then I stopped playing video games altogether until about 2012 when I picked up that year's Madden and couldn't beat any of my friends for shit. Even now, we had a league of CP guy's a couple years ago and I was one of the worst ones in it. My skills still haven't fully recovered. The game's changed a lot.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 05:14 PM   #14
Most Valuable Villain

It’s common knowledge that the game ****s you on the All Madden difficulty.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-26-2020, 05:23 PM   #15
The man you could post like.

Yep. Waste of time to play. Find some sliders to make All Pro more difficult if it's not enough of a challenge for you.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.