Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2015, 10:39 AM  
Stuff & Things

All Things Video Games/Game Reviews Part II

Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.

Last edited by Gonzo; 09-11-2015 at 12:07 AM..
Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-05-2021, 10:47 AM   #2056
I got Rice cookin in the micro

playing borderlands game of the year enhanced edition
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-06-2021, 08:39 PM   #2057
WhatUneed2Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonpenz View Post
playing borderlands game of the year enhanced edition
Loved the story in the second one but the first is still my favorite. Love Moxxis arena in BL 1, it was also more serious and gripping than the last three.
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-07-2021, 06:36 PM   #2058
MVP

As we near the end of the year, I thought it might be fun to chat about the best games we played in the shitty year that was 2021. I have a short list of the best new or new to me games:

The Best Game for Everyone

Deep Rock Galactic

This is without a doubt my favorite coop looter shooter/horde shooter I've ever played. Better than Destiny, The Division, and even *gasp* Left 4 Dead 2. So what does this one do well? To start, the world they have created here is interesting, humorous, and efficient. When you aren't tossing back beers on your Dwarven space rig with pals, you'll be jettisoned into asteroid rocks full of dangerous bugs, attempting to mine minerals for the most ruthlessly capitalistic company ever know. This game has a near perfect flow to it: land, get your bearings, gather resources, endure waves of enemies, complete your objective, and get the hell back to the drop pod. The gunplay and balancing is near perfect, and every class is enjoyable and useful to bring to a mission. Just play this damn game!

A Game for many

Art of Rally

A top down rally racer with shockingly good physics, lovely voxel looking graphics, and the best sound track ever in a video game.

A Game for Masochists

Noita

A hard as nails and often unfair roguelike. This one has procedurally generated levels made of pixels each with its own physical properties. It's crazy good, hard, and at times very frustrating. If you are fan of Spelunky, Enter the Gungeon, and other games that simulate the feeling of taking a baseball bat to your testicles, you'll jive with this one.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2021, 07:37 AM   #2059
Live free or die hard

I've been hitting up Assassin's Creed II lately. Easily my favorite of the franchise even if the console to PC transition control leave much to be desired.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 12:02 PM   #2060
On one quarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
A Game for Masochists

Noita

A hard as nails and often unfair roguelike. This one has procedurally generated levels made of pixels each with its own physical properties. It's crazy good, hard, and at times very frustrating. If you are fan of Spelunky, Enter the Gungeon, and other games that simulate the feeling of taking a baseball bat to your testicles, you'll jive with this one.
I've been playing this for the last year. it's pretty good. the wand crafting is great, you can get some spectacular results (that often kill you)
Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 12-09-2021, 01:37 AM   #2061
Ain't no relax!

Anybody playing Halo: Infinite? It dropped today. I got to play for a couple hours after work. I thought it was really fun. Felt very nostalgic. Gameplay felt very classic Halo. With some really cool improvements. Took a little getting used to the weapons. The Grappleshot is crazy fun. Adds a huge plus to the gameplay. Hitting a big bad guy with the grapple melee shockwave is really satisfying. Ran into a surprising number of battles where I ran out of ammo for both weapons and was desperately scrambling to find any available weapon nearby. Nice element of desperation/despair on a few battles, that forces you to pick up enemy weapons you don't want just to stay alive. The graphics look really nice(PC) overall. Great atmosphere. Taxes the system quite a bit though. Surprised how many resources it requires.

Impressed for just a few hours in. The multiplayer was released already, and while it's fun, it's a bit of a mess right now. Crazy issue with lots of cheaters. Which is weird for a new game. Hopefully it improves.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-22-2021, 02:42 PM   #2062
Supporter

Old arcade games/cabinet

I considered starting a thread just for arcade cabinet gamers but I guess this thread might be okay for this. So, is anyone else into old style arcade cabinet type games? I just recently bought this.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Defender-...3?athbdg=L1100

The image is not quite right as the trim is not red, it's black. Still, it looks pretty cool and I'm having a blast with this. Games included are Mortal Kombat™, Mortal Kombat II™, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3™, Joust™, Defender™, Rampage™, Gauntlet™, Paperboy™, Rootbeer Tapper™, Bubbles™, Toobin™, and Wizard of Wor.

Also, I just ordered a cabinet that has Donkey Kong (one of my all time favorites) and a ton of other games on it. Was hoping to get it before New Year's but sadly, it won't be here until early January.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-22-2021, 06:44 PM   #2063
I got Rice cookin in the micro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
I considered starting a thread just for arcade cabinet gamers but I guess this thread might be okay for this. So, is anyone else into old style arcade cabinet type games? I just recently bought this.

The image is not quite right as the trim is not red, it's black. Still, it looks pretty cool and I'm having a blast with this. Games included are Mortal Kombat™, Mortal Kombat II™, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3™, Joust™, Defender™, Rampage™, Gauntlet™, Paperboy™, Rootbeer Tapper™, Bubbles™, Toobin™, and Wizard of Wor.

Also, I just ordered a cabinet that has Donkey Kong (one of my all time favorites) and a ton of other games on it. Was hoping to get it before New Year's but sadly, it won't be here until early January.

big on facebook are groups that restore the oldies and also pinball
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-22-2021, 09:11 PM   #2064
On one quarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post

love those games. especially the early Midway games Robotron and Joust.

my Rampage single credit hi score is 263K
Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 12-22-2021, 09:16 PM   #2065
On one quarter

I'm really looking forward to this even though the trailer looks a bit weak. the first space marines game was tits.
Old 12-22-2021, 09:40 PM   #2066
It was not a fair catch

I bought this for my wife

I had to put it together. It was fun.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 11:25 PM   #2067
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishpicker View Post
love those games. especially the early Midway games Robotron and Joust.

my Rampage single credit hi score is 263K
In high school, I mostly played the Atari home console. But I did put my share of quarters into Defender and Joust.

That's a blast from the past.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-23-2021, 12:27 AM   #2068
You Sweetie!

WHO GOT DEM PS5'S!!!??
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-23-2021, 01:10 PM   #2069
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
In high school, I mostly played the Atari home console. But I did put my share of quarters into Defender and Joust.

That's a blast from the past.
I always loved playing defender at the arcade. I wasn't very good at it but still it was fun.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-23-2021, 01:11 PM   #2070
Needs more middle fingers

I'm guessing everyone has seen that Unreal 5/Matrix demo by now?
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.