Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-21-2021, 09:02 PM  
Supporter

Yeesh - Alec Baldwin just plopped into a world of hurt

Breaking - details forthcoming

Discharged a 'prop' weapon that resulted in a death and another severe injury.

https://www.santafenewmexican.com/ne...c47b69ce5.html

Last edited by Baby Lee; 10-21-2021 at 09:36 PM..
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2021, 11:01 PM   #31
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Any firearm that has a powder charge has to be treated as a real weapon, meaning you treat it as a loaded weapon and don't ****ing point it at people.

I can't imagine this is like the Crow, where Lee was killed when a bullet had accidentally lodged in a revolver barrel and was then propelled into his body when the same gun was fired at him in a scene. But in what scene would a gun be pointed at the cinematographer? Seems more likely that Baldwin was goofing off with the gun. Also, there should be a prop guy overseeing firearms on set. I wonder where he was when this happened.
Any prop guy has a life and death duty to check each and every weapon being fired on set that day

Lets be honest... how hard is it to check the chamber and barrel for obstructions?
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2021, 11:04 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
If anyone, the fault lies with whomever was responsible for gun safety on the set.
Isn't every individual responsible for this on their own to some degree? I can't imagine pointing a gun that I knew was unloaded at somebody. Is there somebody on set who is supposed to be running around reinforcing this common sense?
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2021, 11:06 PM   #33
Veteran

How do you hit 2 people? Wouldn’t you have to fire twice? If it’s a blank, it really shouldn’t go through 1 person. Just odd to me.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2021, 11:06 PM   #34
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post

Ooooops
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2021, 11:08 PM   #35
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Isn't every individual responsible for this on their own to some degree? I can't imagine pointing a gun that I knew was unloaded at somebody. Is there somebody on set who is supposed to be running around reinforcing this common sense?
There is usually a guy whose entire job is to keep the guns on set safe. Someone ****ed up.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2021, 11:13 PM   #36
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Any firearm that has a powder charge has to be treated as a real weapon, meaning you treat it as a loaded weapon and don't ****ing point it at people.

I can't imagine this is like the Crow, where Lee was killed when a bullet had accidentally lodged in a revolver barrel and was then propelled into his body when the same gun was fired at him in a scene. But in what scene would a gun be pointed at the cinematographer? Seems more likely that Baldwin was goofing off with the gun. Also, there should be a prop guy overseeing firearms on set. I wonder where he was when this happened.
I can see a rehearsal where the cinematographer tried to get a shot (no pun) from straight on, but how did the director get injured? The only way I can think of is that it wasn't a "blank" or there was a malfunction of the weapon. I admit the only blanks I've ever seen were for a starter's pistol, but I don't think the wad flew very far.
oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.
Old 10-21-2021, 11:19 PM   #37
In Search of a Life

Quote:

Maybe he was pointing it at the camera. Sounds like the prop gun malfunctioned and came apart and she got hit by some projectile that came out of it.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/a...fe-1235094931/
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2021, 11:25 PM   #38
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Yes, there are supposed to be professionals there to ensure this doesn't happen... incidents like this are pure dereliction of duty on their part

Baldwin is an arrogant asshole, but this isn't his fault
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2021, 11:28 PM   #39
Inmem 2.0

Lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211022-002726_Messenger.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	123267  
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 11:53 PM   #40
The talking stonehead

Doesn’t make any sense. Why film in New Mexico if it’s supposed to be a Kansas setting? Isn’t it harder to make it seem like a desolate piece of shit landscape with mountains in the background?
POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 12:13 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Yes, there are supposed to be professionals there to ensure this doesn't happen... incidents like this are pure dereliction of duty on their part

Baldwin is an arrogant asshole, but this isn't his fault
"I just pointed the gun at someone and pulled the trigger. How was I to know it would cause harm?"
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-22-2021, 12:32 AM   #42
You Sweetie!

That's awful, prayers extended to all families related. "You want to work here?!?!! CLOSE!"
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-22-2021, 12:43 AM   #43
In Search of a Life

suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-22-2021, 01:08 AM   #44
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Maybe he was pointing it at the camera. Sounds like the prop gun malfunctioned and came apart and she got hit by some projectile that came out of it.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/a...fe-1235094931/
That makes some sense.

I honestly haven’t seen a thing Baldwin has been in in a decade but if it was an equipment malfunction in shooting that would be ****ing horrible to live with. I mean, probably no different than a traffic accident with fatalities, but yeah. This is different than horsing around with blanks.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-22-2021, 01:24 AM   #45
Back again, again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I can see a rehearsal where the cinematographer tried to get a shot (no pun) from straight on, but how did the director get injured? The only way I can think of is that it wasn't a "blank" or there was a malfunction of the weapon. I admit the only blanks I've ever seen were for a starter's pistol, but I don't think the wad flew very far.
There was an actor in the 80s named Jon-Erik Hexum who put a gun loaded with blanks up to his temple and pulled the trigger; the wadding killed him, but that was from literally a range of zero.

It's way too early to make any judgments about this one; I absolutely expect there to be more details to come that will change things this way or that. Either way, though, I couldn't feel worse for the DP's family.
Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.