Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-28-2019, 08:06 AM  
You don't faze me, Gobble.

*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***

Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund

Last edited by Mama Hip Rockets; 03-28-2019 at 10:36 AM..
Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 12-20-2019, 12:00 PM   #4471
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

And here's where he REALLY gets boned - he's been a big part of a couple of playoff runs and has been playing major league baseball games for 6 seasons.

But the dude hasn't even accumulated 2 years worth of service time.

He just has such a weird skill set that is so valuable in those few instances it's needed (and virtually worthless for most of the regular season) that he's bounced up and down without actually making much headway towards as much as a big league pension.

Now at this point its hard to care that much about it because he's used up his options and is clearing waivers to get sent down. So it's not as though his service time is being manipulated or anything to that effect. But it's still odd to think about how little forward momentum he's had in his career despite being seen as fairly useful in limited circumstances.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2019, 12:09 PM   #4472
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
The problem is if you are doing that because Dozier is a bad 3rd baseman which he is...his defensive metrics had him at -10 in 100 games. Why are you replacing him with another below average 3rd baseman?
Lotto ticket. If he can recapture that 1.9 WAR season you got a steal, if he still sucks nothing hurt.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2019, 02:04 PM   #4473
Veteran

Quote:
The Royals made a notable move at third base Thursday when they agreed to sign former Phillie Maikel Franco to a deal worth just under $3MM in guaranteed money. It turns out the Royals’ decision at the hot corner came down to Franco and Travis Shaw, as Jeffrey Flanagan of MLB.com tweets. But Franco’s “younger with more upside (and more cost-efficient),” notes Flanagan, which helped lead the rebuilding Royals to go in his direction.
A little more to the story - https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...is-shaw-2.html
Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.
Old 12-20-2019, 03:04 PM   #4474
World's Best Boss

Nice to see the Royals landed 2 of the top 3 trades of the 2010-2019 decade according to MLB.com today.

I no longer have any patience left for GMDM, but he absolutely wheeled and dealed us to a title.

https://www.mlb.com/news/the-10-bigg...s-of-the-2010s
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2019, 01:20 PM   #4475
Veteran

Mlbtraderumors.com lists 10 pitchers that teams could still sign for low cost in hopes of a bounce back.

Any of these look interesting for KC?

1. Edubray Ramos – 27 years old from Phillies organization.
2. Taijuan Walker– 27 years old from Mariners and Diamondbacks organizations.
3. Aaron Sanchez - 27 years old from Blue Jays and Astros organizations.
4. Alex Wood - 28 years old from Braves, Dodgers, and Reds organizations.
5. Arodys Vizcaino- 29 years old from Braves and Cubs organizations.
6. Shelby Miller – 29 years old
7. Jerad Eickhoff – 29 years old
8. Danny Salazar – 29 years old
9. Tony Cingrani– 30 years old
10. Drew Smyly– 30 years old

I know they all have their problems but I figured maybe KC might take a chance on a couple of pitchers like this if they could sign them to low cost deals.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...g-targets.html
Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.
Old 12-21-2019, 01:37 PM   #4476
Future NBA Finals MVP

I'm quitting my Royals fandom. We got our World Series. So that is cool. I don't think I really like baseball anyway, so byememe.jpg
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2019, 03:12 PM   #4477
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Give me 2 of Alex Wood, Aaron Sanchez, and Taijuan Walker, please. Probably in that order.

Sanchez has amazing stuff.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2019, 03:39 PM   #4478
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I'm quitting my Royals fandom. We got our World Series. So that is cool. I don't think I really like baseball anyway, so byememe.jpg
I could never do that. But they make it really difficult to give a shit during the down times like these.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2019, 03:55 PM   #4479
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Give me 2 of Alex Wood, Aaron Sanchez, and Taijuan Walker, please. Probably in that order.

I'm on the Alex Wood train.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2019, 07:08 PM   #4480
World's Best Boss

Quote:
See ya when we’re competing again.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2019, 07:11 PM   #4481
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post

I would love Wood & Sanchez.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2019, 07:11 PM   #4482
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:

Bye Felicia.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2019, 07:13 PM   #4483
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson8 View Post

3.Aaron Sanchez - 27 years old from Blue Jays and Astros organizations.
4.Alex Wood - 28 years old from Braves, Dodgers, and Reds organizations.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...g-targets.html

Yes please!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2019, 07:24 PM   #4484
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
See ya when we’re competing again.
Ive been a die hard Royals fan since I was 8 years old.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2019, 11:12 PM   #4485
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
I would love Wood & Sanchez.
Fell like this is a sexy reference.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.