Logan Hall, Houston

CB:

Andrew Booth Jr., Clemson
Kaiir Elam, Florida
Kyler Gordon, Washington

S:

Daxton Hill, Michigan
Lewis Cine, Georiga

Note: there are guys that I left off because I don’t think they have a shot to make it to our range.

Last edited by staylor26; 04-25-2022 at 01:52 PM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2022, 03:42 AM   #256
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
NFLDraftBuzz.com has extremely high praise for Cam Thomas: 89.6 Grade

SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS

Spoiler!

SCOUTING REPORT: SUMMARY

Cameron Thomas is rocketing up draft boards at the moment and with good reason, he's athletic with an incredible set of pass-rushing that terrify offensive linemen. He has no major weakness to his game that can't be worked out and therefore we are very high on him. His ceiling is at the all-pro/pro-bowler level with his floor a solid NFL starter. To us, he looks bust-proof.

Cameron Thomas is worthy of a mid-first-round selection in the 2022 NFL Draft and should be considered in the same class as Thibodeaux, Hutchinson, and Karlaftis.
NFL.com gave him a 6.19 on a scale of 10. " Good backup with starter potential
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2022, 01:54 PM   #257
Veteran

I really like paschal. He looks quick and strong, uses his hands well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
He just brought a level of consistent aggression that we simply didn't have. His approached the game with the attitude Clark was sold as having.

He went out there looking to make his opponents life difficult every single snap. Even when he was taken out of a play, he made sure to make the guy across from him work for it.

He just looked like a miserable mother****er to be matched up against. He was like the defensive version of Trey Smith. Smith didn't win every rep, but he made you feel it even when he lost. And if he lost, it was because you beat him and not because he just jaked the play.

Now perhaps additional exposure would make it different for him, but that's such a prideful guy that I just can't see him being a player that takes plays, drives, quarters....even games off. He may run out of gas out there, but he won't pre-emptively pull the chute.

We have far too many veteran defensive players, many of whom were highly paid, who you cannot say that about.
kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 07:07 AM   #258
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
NFL.com gave him a 6.19 on a scale of 10. " Good backup with starter potential
Yikes.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-14-2022, 10:46 AM   #259
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbubb View Post
I really like paschal. He looks quick and strong, uses his hands well.
Engabare is a similar sort of player.

Not sure he managed to test himself into the late 3rd, but he may be worth moving up for if he's still there in the mid-3rd. I don't know that I'd jump in the 2nd, though the rest of the draft could change my mind.

Very much a pure SDE sort of player. Not terribly dynamic but technically sound and powerful. Good punch, good plan as a pass-rusher. Not a terribly high ceiling but probably a good floor and solid contributor fairly early on.

And as I've said elsewhere, a 'pure' SDE would really free us up to target a dedicated edge rusher elsewhere and lean into those under fronts that can free up your weakside DE to make some noise.

Hell, given the state of our DL, we may even be better served w/ a 3-4 sort of alignment next season. It would be easier to find a stand-up edge rusher at OLB than a strict 3-down DE. And if you have Ingram back, he can do that job and probably even kick down to a 3-tech at this stage of his career. We know Jones can make an impact as a 3-tech and Nnadi would be an adequate 0.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2022, 11:49 AM   #260
MVP

Quote:

Not sure he managed to test himself into the late 3rd, but he may be worth moving up for if he's still there in the mid-3rd. I don't know that I'd jump in the 2nd, though the rest of the draft could change my mind.

Very much a pure SDE sort of player. Not terribly dynamic but technically sound and powerful. Good punch, good plan as a pass-rusher. Not a terribly high ceiling but probably a good floor and solid contributor fairly early on.

And as I've said elsewhere, a 'pure' SDE would really free us up to target a dedicated edge rusher elsewhere and lean into those under fronts that can free up your weakside DE to make some noise.

Hell, given the state of our DL, we may even be better served w/ a 3-4 sort of alignment next season. It would be easier to find a stand-up edge rusher at OLB than a strict 3-down DE. And if you have Ingram back, he can do that job and probably even kick down to a 3-tech at this stage of his career. We know Jones can make an impact as a 3-tech and Nnadi would be an adequate 0.
So many speedy, undersized rushers coming out these days that it seems it would be advantageous to switch back to a 3-4. There are also a lot of 3-4 LBs composing the top 20 of sack leaders.

That said, most teams run the majority of plays out of 4-2-5 nickel alignments over the past couple of seasons, rendering a base front relatively moot.

With a guy like KC has in Chris Jones who can be a multiple player at either 5T or SDE, it would seem the benefit would be in running 4 man under and over fronts in a 4-2-5 base.

This is where I get the idea that playing Gay as the SAM could be a huge benefit for the Chiefs. In that under front, you could send him instead of your WDE at times, similar in operation to a 3-4, where his size and athleticism should allow him to generate pressure. When you pop into an under front, he plays back in space like he does now.

This would let you take a guy like Arnold Ebiketie, Drake Jackson, Nik Bonitto, and so forth to play WDE early without worrying as much about size since alignment will be wider much of the time. You end up being able to run kind of a multiple defense without much change in personnel.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 12:30 PM   #261
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
So many speedy, undersized rushers coming out these days that it seems it would be advantageous to switch back to a 3-4. There are also a lot of 3-4 LBs composing the top 20 of sack leaders.

That said, most teams run the majority of plays out of 4-2-5 nickel alignments over the past couple of seasons, rendering a base front relatively moot.

With a guy like KC has in Chris Jones who can be a multiple player at either 5T or SDE, it would seem the benefit would be in running 4 man under and over fronts in a 4-2-5 base.

This is where I get the idea that playing Gay as the SAM could be a huge benefit for the Chiefs. In that under front, you could send him instead of your WDE at times, similar in operation to a 3-4, where his size and athleticism should allow him to generate pressure. When you pop into an under front, he plays back in space like he does now.

This would let you take a guy like Arnold Ebiketie, Drake Jackson, Nik Bonitto, and so forth to play WDE early without worrying as much about size since alignment will be wider much of the time. You end up being able to run kind of a multiple defense without much change in personnel.
I think we're going to see some teams break out a true 3-3-5 as a base sometime in the near future.

But with more traditional even front "LE" types as the ends (rather than the beefier Es you usually see in a 34). The SAM backer is a traditional odd front OLB (bigger, good at rushing the passer, more of a RE in a traditional even front) and you're rolling with your coverage sideline-to-sideline MIKE and a WILL who also has pass rush traits.

basically, adapting a 34 to match up better in the passing game by putting an extra DB on the field instead of the "THUMPER" downhill-only MLB.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2022, 01:23 PM   #262
In Search of a Life

And just like that, every safety but 1 is off the board.

I’m going to leave Dax Hill in, because drafting him could allow you to move Sneed outside to replace Ward, and just gives your entire secondary more flexibility.

I doubt he’d be the pick, but I still wouldn’t write him off completely because of his versatility and value at 30.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2022, 02:21 PM   #263
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I think we're going to see some teams break out a true 3-3-5 as a base sometime in the near future.

But with more traditional even front "LE" types as the ends (rather than the beefier Es you usually see in a 34). The SAM backer is a traditional odd front OLB (bigger, good at rushing the passer, more of a RE in a traditional even front) and you're rolling with your coverage sideline-to-sideline MIKE and a WILL who also has pass rush traits.

basically, adapting a 34 to match up better in the passing game by putting an extra DB on the field instead of the "THUMPER" downhill-only MLB.
I think we'll see more teams go back to big physical offensive sets and just gash these types of sets though. This always seems cyclical and it seems we're nearing the point where teams rush alot.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2022, 02:26 PM   #264
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I think we'll see more teams go back to big physical offensive sets and just gash these types of sets though. This always seems cyclical and it seems we're nearing the point where teams rush alot.
It's just so damn hard to do that well, especially over the course of a 17 game season AND a post-season.

I mean if there were a dozen teams in the NFL like the Titans and a half dozen teams like the Chiefs, wouldn't you still bank on one of the half dozen teams like the Chiefs to win it?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-16-2022, 09:27 AM   #265
In Search of a Life

Quote:
It's just so damn hard to do that well, especially over the course of a 17 game season AND a post-season.

I mean if there were a dozen teams in the NFL like the Titans and a half dozen teams like the Chiefs, wouldn't you still bank on one of the half dozen teams like the Chiefs to win it?
It's a work around with having or not having the QB.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2022, 07:18 AM   #266
Most Valuable Villain

The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2022, 07:24 AM   #267
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Wyatt definitely picking up steam at the end of the 1st. He’s a baller.

He also has opened my mind up to DT in general. Think he or Jones from UConn may be the best values at 30.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2022, 07:31 AM   #268
Most Valuable Villain

Wyatt, if we get him, would go along way to fixing this defensive line.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2022, 07:43 AM   #269
Andy Reid Supporter

Is he gonna fall to around our pick? Figured he’d be a top 25 player
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2022, 08:08 AM   #270
MVP

Quote:

Reposting this here:
Curious why these two aren't on our radar at the bottom of the 1st?

5. KINGSLEY ENAGBARE, SOUTH CAROLINA
BIG BOARD RANK: 26
Enagbare isn’t a spectacular athlete but wins with his elite length and hand usage, so much so that he’s barely behind the likes of Aidan Hutchinson with a 92.4 pass-rushing grade this season.

7. ARNOLD EBEKETIE, PENN STATE
BIG BOARD RANK: 37
Ebiketie transferred from Temple to Penn State and proved his production from 2020 was no fluke. He beat up on quality tackles en route to a 90.5 pass-rushing grade and 52 pressures.

...PFF Top 10 Edge Rushers
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.