Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-02-2020, 04:09 PM  
MVP

FedEx asks Redskins to change name

Here we go. I think part of the reason we’ve been safe from this kind of stuff is because the Redskins have always been a bigger target. Now that there’s pressure from sponsors Snyder is going to feel the heat like never before.

If they go down, make no mistake, the mob will come for us next.
comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-22-2020, 09:11 AM   #796
The man you could post like.

Maybe not.

Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2020, 09:15 AM   #797
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Doesn't know but knows. Makes sense.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2020, 09:16 AM   #798
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2020, 09:48 AM   #799
Special Teams ACE!!!

I have inside information on the new nickname! I ran into a diehard Redskins fan friend of mine at Best Buy, and he said he was told by a source within the organization that they will NOT be the Washington Wallaby****ers. Couldn't rule out Redwallaby****ers quite yet, though.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2020, 09:54 AM   #800
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
I have inside information on the new nickname! I ran into a diehard Redskins fan friend of mine at Best Buy, and he said he was told by a source within the organization that they will NOT be the Washington Wallaby****ers. Couldn't rule out Redwallaby****ers quite yet, though.
Washington Red Rockets.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 10:15 AM   #801
They gon' regret that trade!!

The Washington Redstains
redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2020, 10:35 AM   #802
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Washington Red Rockets.
My dog would be a perfect model for the mascot.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 11:02 AM   #803
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
I see what you did there... I want to unsee it!
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 07:58 PM   #804
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
Lol! I meant to give this a thumbs up!
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 07-22-2020, 08:09 PM   #805
Mahomes or GTFO

What if they just renamed the team after a SINGLE, badass, historic Native American?

Like, what if the descendants of Red Cloud and the Lakota were like, "Wow, that's a great honor!"

The Washington Red Clouds.

They don't even have to change the logo, really.

Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:21 PM   #806
Sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post
What if they just renamed the team after a SINGLE, badass, historic Native American?

Like, what if the descendants of Red Cloud and the Lakota were like, "Wow, that's a great honor!"

The Washington Red Clouds.

They don't even have to change the logo, really.

That would be cool. But the SJW beta cacks would still start crying and throwing a fit again.
KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:25 PM   #807
Mahomes or GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic View Post
That would be cool. But the SJW beta cacks would still start crying and throwing a fit again.
I mean, total pipe dream and they wouldn't touch the idea, but if the family and the tribespeople were behind it, there's not much ground to stand on.

It's no different than naming a team after Joe Louis, in the case of the Browns.

Most people don't realize that, but it's the case. (at least Paul Brown himself said so. The team later backtracked this publicly as the name was based on his skin color and nickname, "The Brown Bomber")

Naming a team after a person for their bravery, legend, honor, etc. is very different than naming your team after an entire people.
Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:32 PM   #808
Sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post
I mean, total pipe dream and they wouldn't touch the idea, but if the family and the tribespeople were behind it, there's not much ground to stand on.

It's no different than naming a team after Joe Louis, in the case of the Browns.

Most people don't realize that, but it's the case.

Naming a team after a person for their bravery, legend, honor, etc. is very different than naming your team after an entire people.
I get ya, but the thing is that original Redskins name was also looked at as a symbol of pride by many native americans. Native americans were actually drawn to like that team because of that name and the fact there was 4 native americans on that team in the 1930's and they themselves wanted that name. But unfortunately although your idea is cool and would be unique, it's 2020 and the SJW's would come running again. I'm sure one day they'll have a problem with the name "Browns" too. Just give it time.
KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:36 PM   #809
Mahomes or GTFO

Quote:
I get ya, but the thing is that original Redskins name was also looked at as a symbol of pride by many native americans. Native americans were actually drawn to like that team because of that name and the fact there was 4 native americans on that team in the 1930's and they themselves wanted that name. But unfortunately although your idea is cool and would be unique, it's 2020 and the SJW's would come running again. I'm sure one day they'll have a problem with the name "Browns" too. Just give it time.
You should see Twitter.

People are calling for the Vikings to rename the team based on the fact that the real, actual, Norse Vikings burned and pillaged the whole of Europe a thousand years ago.

It's insane.

COVID needs to end so some of these folks can set their manufactured outrage aside and go back to their jobs at the Hot Yoga Studio.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:38 PM   #810
Kind of a mod

Quote:
I don't particularly care about what "SJWs" think, but I do care about what Native Americans think. You're probably right that perceptions have changed, but that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
This actually made me curious to know what data exists about the perceptions of the offensiveness of the name. So for what it's worth, Berkeley did a survey this year, and they found that, among all of those who self-identified as Native American, 49% "strongly agreed" or "agreed" (7-point scale) that the Redskins name is offensive, and the percentage is 67% among those who were heavily-engaged in their tribal cultures.

https://news.berkeley.edu/2020/02/04...ascots-survey/

So it seems it's definitely not unanimous, but it's also not a tiny portion who find it offensive.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.