Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2023, 08:45 PM  
MVP

2024 WR Class

Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-24-2024 at 01:08 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-01-2024, 08:18 PM   #781
In Mahomes I trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
My next mock is going to make you all throw up in your mouth a little but I have a plan and it's ****ing awesome... maybe.
Can't wait! Love your mocks!
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-01-2024, 09:57 PM
Couch-Potato
This message has been deleted by Couch-Potato. Reason: dumb
Old 02-01-2024, 10:15 PM   #782
MVP

High praise and lofty comparison for Burton here, sounds like an Andy Reid / Chiefs WR to me:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 02-01-2024 at 10:57 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 10:48 PM
Couch-Potato
This message has been deleted by Couch-Potato. Reason: Mistake
Old 02-01-2024, 10:54 PM   #783
MVP

1. Harrison Jr
2. Nabers
3. Odunze
4. Franklin
5. Thomas Jr

...How I see it currently.

What's it going to take to move up for Franklin?
Old 02-02-2024, 07:44 AM   #784
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Ricky Pearsall apparently had such a good start to his Senior Bowl week that he got the call to end it early.

I'd include him in that group of 2nd rounders.
Great hands, great route runner. Will be interesting to see his 40 time. I think he'd be a great fit for this offense offering a different skillset than Rice.
DaKCMan AP has disabled reputation
Old 02-02-2024, 08:00 AM   #785
In Search of a Life

Pearsall always made plays when I watched UF this year.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2024, 11:01 AM   #786
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
High praise and lofty comparison for Burton here, sounds like an Andy Reid / Chiefs WR to me:

Spoiler!
Not the first time I've heard that comp of Diggs. I do see the Amon-Ra comp as well.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2024-nfl-dr...n-the-college-
Quote:
Jermaine Burton, WR, Alabama (6-0, 194)
Burton is what I call a "possession playmaker" in the mold of Amon-Ra St. Brown and Stefon Diggs -- players who may not have ideal size or speed compared to other receivers, but who are difficult to cover because of their strong hands, quickness and route-running acumen. Burton has grown considerably as a receiver after transferring from Georgia to Alabama two years ago, becoming an all-around threat on short, intermediate and deep throws. I think he will be a more productive pro than college player, as he gains familiarity with his new quarterback and his technique matures.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-02-2024, 07:08 PM   #787
Fan since 1997

The more I think about it the more I feel the Chiefs should draft a LT and if Jordan Morgan is there, you run to the podium.
You can't find stud young left tackles in free agency and certainly not later in the second round. The cream of the crop can only be had in the 1st round.
As much of a need as we have for a WR, the biggest need of them all is LT.
Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-02-2024, 10:55 PM   #788
Starter

Morgan just measured in with an arm length under 33 inches. That’s a full stop for the Chiefs.
iSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 09:41 AM   #789
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Honestly depends on a lot of things. If we lose Chris Jones I can absolutely see them getting a FA DT and drafting a guy like Darius Robinson, who Daniel Jeremiah ranked 32nd on his big board. He's crushing it at the Sr Bowl and seems to fit us very well.

It really depends on what happens in FA.
I’d be shocked if Darius Robinson is still on the board when we pick. Pretty sure that train left the station after his performance at the Senior Bowl practices thus week. But if he’s there, I’d love to see us grab him.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-03-2024, 07:36 PM   #790
MVP

Where Dane Brugler had the WRs and OTs going in his 1/16 mock...

1-3. Marvin Harrison Jr, Ohio State
1-4. Malik Nabers, LSU
1-6. Rome Odunze, Washington
1-17. Brian Thomas Jr, LSU
1-29. Keon Coleman, Florida State
2-33. Adonai Mitchell, Texas
2-43. Ja'Lynn Polk, Washington
2-49. Ladd McConkey, Georgia
2-54. Troy Franklin, Oregon (WTF?)
2-57. Xavier Worthy, Texas
2-59. Malachi Corley, Western Kentucky

His rank of Franklin is most perplexing given he's maybe the only one I've seen not have him in the 1st and then he says this about him:
The Browns need to get more explosive at receiver. As a true junior in 2023, Franklin was one of only two FBS receivers with 1,300-plus receiving yards and 14-plus touchdowns (Nabers was the other). He also ranked top three with eight catches of 40-plus yards.

1-7. Joe Alt, Notre Dame
1-10. Olu Fashanu, Penn State
1-13. JC Latham, Alabama
1-18. Amarius Mims, Georgia
1-23. Taliese Fuaga, Oregon State (States might be best at OG)
1-24. Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma
1-25. Troy Fautanu, Washington
1-27. Kingsley Suamataia, BYU
2-36. Patrick Paul, Houston
2-45. Dominick Puni, Kansas
2-63. Kiran Amegadji, Yale
He has Graham Barton as a C/G at 31 and Jordan Morgan as a likely OG at 32

He had us drafting at 28/60 and getting Jer'Zahn Newton, DT, Illinois at 28 and Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas at 60. I see neither of those as remotely likely.

All told, this is early in the process and he'll change course like everyone else.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-03-2024, 07:53 PM   #791
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Where Dane Brugler had the WRs and OTs going in his 1/16 mock...

1-3. Marvin Harrison Jr, Ohio State
1-4. Malik Nabers, LSU
1-6. Rome Odunze, Washington
1-17. Brian Thomas Jr, LSU
1-29. Keon Coleman, Florida State
2-33. Adonai Mitchell, Texas
2-43. Ja'Lynn Polk, Washington
2-49. Ladd McConkey, Georgia
2-54. Troy Franklin, Oregon (WTF?)
2-57. Xavier Worthy, Texas
2-59. Malachi Corley, Western Kentucky

His rank of Franklin is most perplexing given he's maybe the only one I've seen not have him in the 1st and then he says this about him:
The Browns need to get more explosive at receiver. As a true junior in 2023, Franklin was one of only two FBS receivers with 1,300-plus receiving yards and 14-plus touchdowns (Nabers was the other). He also ranked top three with eight catches of 40-plus yards.

1-7. Joe Alt, Notre Dame
1-10. Olu Fashanu, Penn State
1-13. JC Latham, Alabama
1-18. Amarius Mims, Georgia
1-23. Taliese Fuaga, Oregon State (States might be best at OG)
1-24. Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma
1-25. Troy Fautanu, Washington
1-27. Kingsley Suamataia, BYU
2-36. Patrick Paul, Houston
2-45. Dominick Puni, Kansas
2-63. Kiran Amegadji, Yale
He has Graham Barton as a C/G at 31 and Jordan Morgan as a likely OG at 32

He had us drafting at 28/60 and getting Jer'Zahn Newton, DT, Illinois at 28 and Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas at 60. I see neither of those as remotely likely.

All told, this is early in the process and he'll change course like everyone else.
I'd be stoked with those picks! But we'd be listening to CP complain for years after about "why didn't we just move up for Troy Franklin!?"
Old 02-03-2024, 07:55 PM   #792
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
I'd be stoked with those picks! But we'd be listening to CP complain for years after about "why didn't we just move up for Troy Franklin!?"
yeah. Franklin isn't going in round 2 either. He's too explosive and played far too well. I think Brugler got his chips in the wrong bag on that one. Maybe he goes later than I think but that would be late 1st and not late 2nd.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-04-2024, 10:36 AM   #793
It's just a ride.

its a great year to be desperate for wrs.

we really should just say **** it, snag two early and completely fill out and replace the muck in our wr room.
Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 02-04-2024, 11:04 AM   #794
Indian Twitter

Are the guys from Texas going to be working out with Mahomes pre draft like Rice did last year? If that goes well I can see one of those two being drafted by the Chiefs on Mahomes recommendation. If we don't draft either of those guys that to will be on Mahomes recommendation. How exciting would it be to be a WR prospect and get the call to come work with Patrick ****ing Mahomes?
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-04-2024, 12:12 PM   #795
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by philfree View Post
Are the guys from Texas going to be working out with Mahomes pre draft like Rice did last year? If that goes well I can see one of those two being drafted by the Chiefs on Mahomes recommendation. If we don't draft either of those guys that to will be on Mahomes recommendation. How exciting would it be to be a WR prospect and get the call to come work with Patrick ****ing Mahomes?
I'm sure they will be. We didn't have a full list at the time of who was there if I remember right. I know it came out the qjohnston and Zay were there. But I don't remember it coming out about Rashee until after we drafted him.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.