Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-19-2021, 02:52 PM   #10696
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I must've missed the post where you warned the rest of us. You know, warned us so that we wouldn't get wiped out while you were climbing into your warm lifeboat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Tough trading this week. All my stops on new and old positions have hit.

I’m to 90% cash in my trading account.
I’m still one of the only ones who posts shit while they do it. I was 90% cash by Thursday and 100% cash by Friday close. Still trying to show this thread you actually need to follow a system of guidelines.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...ostcount=10659
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-19-2021, 02:58 PM   #10697
Mod Team

Traders using a system actually like these small pullbacks. Stocks will consolidate recent gains, trend sideways to extend tighter bases and provide better technical entries on trades.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-19-2021, 03:56 PM   #10698
Mammoth penis

I may be bagholding a few stocks for a while but I will continue to average down and my patience will pay off in the long run. Same thing happened last year when the market tanked, I averaged down more and more then ended up +74% overall at one point. And yes I'm posting/telling myself this for my own sanity.
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 04:05 PM   #10699
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
I may be bagholding a few stocks for a while but I will continue to average down and my patience will pay off in the long run. Same thing happened last year when the market tanked, I averaged down more and more then ended up +74% overall at one point. And yes I'm posting/telling myself this for my own sanity.
The problem with this strategy is that it works, until it doesn’t. No one can time when the market won’t bounce back quickly. Why not take steps to protect that 74% gain? What happens if this pullback turns into a significant correction or a bear market? Your averaged down positions continue to tank and that 74% gains you made evaporate quickly in losing positions. Take a look now at how far down you are from the 74% high. I bet it’s a lot? Don’t ruin your hard work!
Old 07-19-2021, 04:10 PM   #10700
Mammoth penis

Quote:
The problem with this strategy is that it works, until it doesn’t. No one can time when the market won’t bounce back quickly. Why not take steps to protect that 74% gain? What happens if this pullback turns into a significant correction or a bear market? Your averaged down positions continue to tank and that 74% gains you made evaporate quickly in losing positions. Take a look now at how far down you are from the 74% high. I bet it’s a lot? Don’t ruin your hard work!
If a bear market happens, yes I'm ****ed. Otherwise I'll be fine...I hope. I can't really complain too much though, I still have a LOT more in my portfolios than I've put in. Once AMC goes parabolic I'll laugh at months like this.
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-19-2021, 04:19 PM   #10701
Mod Team

Quote:
If a bear market happens, yes I'm ****ed. Otherwise I'll be fine...I hope. I can't really complain too much though, I still have a LOT more in my portfolios than I've put in. Once AMC goes parabolic I'll laugh at months like this.
Not just a bear market.

I think you’re underestimating the amount some of the speculative/growth stocks you’re in will drop on a 10% correction of the index. Talking 25%+.

Care to share how far from 74% your account has fallen?
Old 07-19-2021, 04:22 PM   #10702
Mammoth penis

AMC Parabolic Arc has appeared: RARE and MEGA BULLISH

I dont typically put too much into TA, I've always kind of thought of it as the same as reading tea leaves but this helps my confirmation bias. Lew, what do you think of this?
Old 07-19-2021, 04:24 PM   #10703
Mammoth penis

Quote:

Care to share how far from 74% your account has fallen?
I'm only up about 40% now.
Old 07-19-2021, 04:34 PM   #10704
Mod Team

Quote:
I'm only up about 40% now.
Woof. You gave away half your gains.

Thanks for being honest. Honestly I’m just trying to help and want you and others to succeed.
Old 07-19-2021, 04:38 PM   #10705
Mammoth penis

Quote:
Woof. You gave away half your gains.

Thanks for being honest. Honestly I’m just trying to help and want you and others to succeed.
That number is misleading though because I've taken gains from my Fidelity account twice. The 40% is what they're currently at, not sure how it figures when you withdrawal gains.

I've also made some good money from UWMC dividends that isn't figured in.
Old 07-19-2021, 05:04 PM   #10706
Veteran

Quote:
I’m still one of the only ones who posts shit while they do it. I was 90% cash by Thursday and 100% cash by Friday close. Still trying to show this thread you actually need to follow a system of guidelines.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...ostcount=10659
Well, I went 100% out of everything last Thursday also. I was also planning on putting a nice chunk of change into a new vanguard account last week also, but just didn't feel it was the right time. I might do that later on this week.

I already have a Vanguard account that is comprised mostly of their etf's, but was thinking of opening another account just for mutual funds. The reason being, I can have a regular withdrawal into the new fund. I want to have it automatically drop 100 each friday into the account. I've read around and vanguard says that only mutual funds can have automatic deposits on a regular basis. Does anyone else do this? The wife and I both have 401k's through our work, I am just looking for something else that doesn't require me to remember to move money in and out of different accounts.
rydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-19-2021, 05:08 PM   #10707
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydogg58 View Post
Well, I went 100% out of everything last Thursday also. I was also planning on putting a nice chunk of change into a new vanguard account last week also, but just didn't feel it was the right time. I might do that later on this week.

I already have a Vanguard account that is comprised mostly of their etf's, but was thinking of opening another account just for mutual funds. The reason being, I can have a regular withdrawal into the new fund. I want to have it automatically drop 100 each friday into the account. I've read around and vanguard says that only mutual funds can have automatic deposits on a regular basis. Does anyone else do this? The wife and I both have 401k's through our work, I am just looking for something else that doesn't require me to remember to move money in and out of different accounts.
Yup. That’s how I deposit into my ROTH IRA. Monthly automatic deposits into various mutual funds. Set and forget!
Old 07-19-2021, 05:13 PM   #10708
Veteran

Quote:
Yup. That’s how I deposit into my ROTH IRA. Monthly automatic deposits into various mutual funds. Set and forget!
Can you do it on a weekly basis also? I guess it doesn't really matter, it's just that my wife and I are on opposite pay dates so doing it on a weekly scale would nab a little from both checks.
rydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-19-2021, 05:29 PM   #10709
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydogg58 View Post
Can you do it on a weekly basis also? I guess it doesn't really matter, it's just that my wife and I are on opposite pay dates so doing it on a weekly scale would nab a little from both checks.
I think the most I can do is twice per month.

I just prefer once a month for budget tracking.
Old 07-19-2021, 05:58 PM   #10710
Veteran

Quote:
I think the most I can do is twice per month.

I just prefer once a month for budget tracking.
That’s not likely to improve with age.
Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote