Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-27-2024, 11:58 AM  
Generational Player

Alpha WR's

Thought I would create a thread dedicated to the Alpha WR's as there has been a lot of attention already on getting a better Mecole or MVS or tiny 140 lb slot WR's.

Alphas can't be stopped, you can only pray to contain them.

Malik Nabers

Adonai Mitchell

Adonai Mitchell is no stranger to Georgia fans. 2nd & 18, 8:16 left in the fourth quarter, Stetson Bennett drops back and completes a 40-yard touchdown strike to Mitchell over the outstretched Alabama defender to garner Georgia the lead in the national title.
It's arguably the biggest catch in program history, and according to sources, Mitchell is only scratching the surface of his stardom. It's virtually every day at this point, Mitchell will have people within the building raving about some miraculous catch he's made, or how he caught 80% of the footballs during 11on11 scrimmages.

Watch as Adonai takes over the game and has to be held repeatedly to avoid further embarrassment.

MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-05-2024, 11:08 AM   #226
MVP

I'm with you on supporting it if it happens. I don't know that they can make a "bad pick" in those top 10 or so WRs. Inevitably though, we'll get the but but but DK Metcalf!!! shit for years again.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 04:14 PM   #227
Veteran

I've heard there are some questions about Mitchell's effort and for that reason the team interview process will be important for him.

He looks like a first-round lock to me, but if he's not instilling confidence in the interviews about his work ethic, then he could fall.
wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-05-2024, 06:12 PM   #228
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachashi View Post
I've heard there are some questions about Mitchell's effort and for that reason the team interview process will be important for him.

He looks like a first-round lock to me, but if he's not instilling confidence in the interviews about his work ethic, then he could fall.
I have a hard time believing that Mahomes wants a guy who admits to going less than all out most of the time so he can go all out once in a while. Mahomes is so about knowing where everyone is at all times. How is Mahomes supposed to know that the guy will be where he is supposed to be, and when will he be there if he doesn't do it on a consistent basis?

I hope that makes sense.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-05-2024, 06:18 PM   #229
MVP

I'm really kind of keen to the idea of making a bold move for Brian Thomas Jr. Now, he looks like Alpha quality to me and there's just something about LSU WRs man.

Worthy exploding just might help that cause by taking "one more guy" off the list before him. Maybe.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 06:22 PM   #230
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I'm really kind of keen to the idea of making a bold move for Brian Thomas Jr. Now, he looks like Alpha quality to me and there's just something about LSU WRs man.

Worthy exploding just might help that cause by taking "one more guy" off the list before him. Maybe.
Been wondering the same.

What's the move?

I suggested "Sneed + 5th for #15 + 6th I'd happily take Thomas Jr @ #15" in a different thread.

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-05-2024 at 06:49 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-08-2024, 04:10 AM   #231
Starter

The more I watch Mitchell the more I see potential massive star.

There does need to be a question about his work ethic. There’s plays he straight up looks like he takes off. What’s interesting is he seems like a really good teammate was cheering on every catch and running up to people after plays during their playoff game. So it’s not a lack of interest in the game.

That means on a contender like the chiefs he could really blossom. If im KC I risk it all on this dude. Trade up for him.

How he pulls up out of his block in the 40 just looks freakish and effortless. His hands look strong as hell. Just screams insanely natural athlete. I love how aggressive he attacks angles and man coverage. Bama game shows that. Just a great one on one player which is what will be happening in his first year. Really when you think about it he compliments our roster super well.

I like BTJ too but he doesn’t look as natural. More controlled.

I’m down to pick Worthy but I’d be way more greedy here and bet on this guy being the biggest star of the wrs in this draft. Realistically he’s well more equipped to do that than worthy.Worthy is also a freak and I don’t think we could go wrong. The upgrade to wr is much needed.

Drafting them both thru trades should be a serious consideration. We really need 2 wrs. They’d be cheap. Mooney is about the only free agent that intrigues me without dropping way too much money.

Last edited by wannaGOback; 03-08-2024 at 04:20 AM..
wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 03-08-2024, 08:35 AM   #232
Veteran

Quote:

Anyhow... my rant... I guess if you want to axe all those guys out, I would definitely not take a WR in round 1. I'm not even considering it. Maybe round 2 if the chips fall right. If not, I might push the issue in round 3.
Let’s look at the last few years drafts for WRs in the late first. I threw in Christian Watson & Elijah Moore also at 34.

No. 21: Quentin Johnson chargers
No. 22: Zay flowers ravens

No. 16: Jahan Dotson, Commanders
No. 18: Treylon Burks, Titans
No. 34: Christian Watson, Packers

No. 20: Kadarius Toney, Giants
No. 27: Rashod Bateman, Ravens
No. 34: Elijah Moore, Jets

Wouldn’t the production, traits and etc of worthy, Mitchell and Brian Thomas jr be better than these guys? I could see Franklin maybe being there but I think your final point about all those guys being taken before we pick and the chiefs taking a wr in round 2 or 3 is most likely to happen.
kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 03-09-2024, 02:15 PM   #233
MVP

This "former scout's" opinions on WRs sound like MMs. I'm just wondering who stole who's ideas.

https://firstroundmock.com/

Has Thomas Jr is a 5th-round caliber player. Worthy is a 3rd round player. Franklin is a 2nd round player.

Mitchell is going to be a superstar (and he might end up being one, who knows) and ever says the word "alpha!". McConkey, Polk, and Corley are 1st round caliber.
Old 03-09-2024, 08:10 PM   #234
MVP

Quote:
This "former scout's" opinions on WRs sound like MMs. I'm just wondering who stole who's ideas.

https://firstroundmock.com/

Has Thomas Jr is a 5th-round caliber player. Worthy is a 3rd round player. Franklin is a 2nd round player.

Mitchell is going to be a superstar (and he might end up being one, who knows) and ever says the word "alpha!". McConkey, Polk, and Corley are 1st round caliber.
Well, ask WannaGOback, it's a MM mult.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-09-2024, 10:25 PM   #235
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Well, ask WannaGOback, it's a MM mult.
Takes a 5th grader to know our writing styles are completely different. And we disagreed pretty strongly pre combine. I was high on Franklin now i think otherwise.

I also don’t spend day and night looking at this shit. I watched more tape of Mitchell and I’m convinced. Also I’m still high on Worthy even tho he isn’t.
wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 03-10-2024, 01:42 AM   #236
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaGOback View Post
Takes a 5th grader to know our writing styles are completely different. And we disagreed pretty strongly pre combine. I was high on Franklin now i think otherwise.

I also don’t spend day and night looking at this shit. I watched more tape of Mitchell and I’m convinced. Also I’m still high on Worthy even tho he isn’t.
I'm just razzin MM, mostly because he bowed out and left the draft game. I is sad.
Old 03-10-2024, 07:10 AM   #237
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaGOback View Post

Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-10-2024, 12:33 PM   #238
MVP

Quote:
I asked you to bet the under on 4.59 going off what I saw on tape. I said Worthy would run at least a 4.29. I don't think that's "reading" into anything. I said immediately after he ran 4.34 that I had more questions than I had before and then he outright confirmed he was half-assing it a lot so he could last the entire game. So now you want him to go into an Andy Reid offense that runs these guys all over the place. That scares me a little.
I tend to agree with Steve Smith's take - he ain't half assing, he's pacing his routes to get the corner out of position and then exploding past them when they do. I guess you had Terrion Arnold's speed pegged at like 4.7 then? Cause he burnt Arnold to a crisp for a whole game - reflecting his play speed.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 03:16 PM   #239
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
I tend to agree with Steve Smith's take - he ain't half assing, he's pacing his routes to get the corner out of position and then exploding past them when they do. I guess you had Terrion Arnold's speed pegged at like 4.7 then? Cause he burnt Arnold to a crisp for a whole game - reflecting his play speed.
I don't grade a player on one game. So if the argument is "Well he beat Alabama's great corners" then the argument is flawed. He had 3 catches in that Alabama game. If two of those receptions didn't go for TDs, would you still be singing his praises? Probably not.

But beyond that, I didn't conclude by watching one casual play that he doesn't play fast. If I agreed with route pacing as the entirety of the excuse, I wouldn't be questioning his play speed. Route variation is something you look for. Amari Cooper is a master class in route pacing. Speed looks like and issue on tape repeatedly, which includes having to push off to open at the end of a go route, or not being able to outrun coverage on a completion where he should as a 4.3 player.

I'm going to pull up his highlight reel for now. At 0;34, this is good route pacing. That's what you're looking for. Not looking at a lot of the running in quicksand moments.

I don't even dislike Mitchell. I actually kind of like Mitchell. I don't know that he'd be the guy Reid would prefer. This is a team that relies on a lot of speed and quickness and a ton of movement. I don't think he has the consistency there.
Old 03-10-2024, 04:16 PM   #240
Veteran

The odd thing about Mitchell is I'm not sure I heard rumours of him running 4.3 territory before the combine. I thought he looked plenty fast enough, but it seems noone else did. So I kind of see crow's point. But a mid 4.3 is a mid 4.3. I know it's not in pads but...you can kinda either run that or not, and you really don't need to run it EVERY snap.

I think he's going to be a really good player, might be the first WR eval I get right.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.