Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2022, 06:50 PM   #2
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
I use to be all nerdy about my workouts. Researched every damn thing to death, had my workouts pre-planned and printed on spread sheets etc.

I even named my shit for the lulz, "R90-XTREME BACK YARD FITNESS"

These days, @ 37 years old, i just don't give a **** like that anymore. Now i just do whatever i feel like. I workout 3-4 times a week for about an hour, with one of those workouts being a sport day at the park. No real particular goal in mind other than staying active and looking good for my age.

I find that i prefer my cardio to be sports related. I don't jog anymore.
Yeah, for all of the research you can do, there really is a simplicity to it.

I personally like Jeff Nippard's channel because instead of "tHiS iS kIlLiNg YoUr GaInZ" or "gEt BiGgEr BiCePts In TwO wEeKs" bro science, he mostly concentrates on simplifying things and showing the data.... and as most stuff online is for serious weight lifters, so much stuff online makes like a 3% difference if you want to split hairs.

Given all the nerding out, I'd say I haven't changed much in terms of nitpicking on what they say online... just meaning I do like the science behind it and what not, but won't make changes just because there's a video about doing/not doing something a certain way. There were times early on I'd watch something and want to research the hell out of it, but would remind myself in all the research by other people that's been done in the routine I was doing, which helped in not worrying about deep diving on every little thing.

The bodyweight fitness stuff was really straightforward progressions and my current routine is pretty basic outside of wanting to hit each group a couple times/week. I spent a little time putting it together (okay, it is printed out from a spreadsheet ), but it comes down to mostly the same stuff... pushes and pulls.

Most of the research lately has centered around the new equipment and dumping some of the bodyweight stuff that I've grown tired of or didn't seem to be doing anything (core stuff mostly, which seems far better with the cable rack).
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.