Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-26-2020, 12:23 AM   #2
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Candidate F is out of the running.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 12:31 AM   #3
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Okay, Candidates A and B are out, even though my heart wants Candidate B. Too much talent at the position is available. The Chiefs write their card.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 12:40 AM   #4
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

A nondescript fellow who looks like a former athlete picks up the card and goes to the podium. He taps on the microphone a time or two.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen," he says. "I'm a regional director at Flowonix Medical, in Houston, Texas. But you may remember me more as the Chiefs' most recent #32 pick in the draft. In 1989, I joined the Chiefs from Wake Forest as the pick following the selection of Derrick Thomas. My name is Mike Elkins."

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mike-elkins-6845978/

"I'm here tonight to make quarterbacks' lives a little harder. With the 32nd pick of the 2020 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Zach Baun, LB, Wisconsin."
Old 03-26-2020, 12:43 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
A nondescript fellow who looks like a former athlete picks up the card and goes to the podium. He taps on the microphone a time or two.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen," he says. "I'm a regional director at Flowonix Medical, in Houston, Texas. But you may remember me more as the Chiefs' most recent #32 pick in the draft. In 1989, I joined the Chiefs from Wake Forest as the pick following the selection of Derrick Thomas. My name is Mike Elkins."

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mike-elkins-6845978/

"I'm here tonight to make quarterbacks' lives a little harder. With the 32nd pick of the 2020 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Zach Baun, LB, Wisconsin."
Good job Rain Man.

Love the player.

The gang can argue about how he fits in Spags scheme in the morning.

Good night!
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:45 AM   #6
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Northman View Post
Good job Rain Man.

Love the player.

Good night!
I'll reveal the other five candidates once they're all drafted. I'll be curious to hear the consensus. I decided that LB was a position where we all want an upgrade, and once Baun is gone there's a notable dropoff in the draft pool.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:22 AM   #7
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I'll reveal the other five candidates once they're all drafted. I'll be curious to hear the consensus. I decided that LB was a position where we all want an upgrade, and once Baun is gone there's a notable dropoff in the draft pool.
Good pick I think. CB or RB would have been a reach I think, there are a couple of other positions I would have considered as well. Be interesting to see who your 5 are.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-26-2020, 05:23 AM   #8
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Northman View Post
Good job Rain Man.

Love the player.

Good night!
I don’t know why anybody would be arguing that. He’s versatile and should be able to fit in pretty much any defense, especially a guy like Spags who knows how to take advantage of that.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:02 AM   #9
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I don’t know why anybody would be arguing that. He’s versatile and should be able to fit in pretty much any defense, especially a guy like Spags who knows how to take advantage of that.
He would fit perfect in our defense.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:41 AM   #10
Veteran

The Cincinnati Bengals select Grant Delpit safety LSU

Will write later
chiefscafan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefscafan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefscafan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefscafan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefscafan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefscafan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefscafan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefscafan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefscafan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefscafan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefscafan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:28 PM   #11
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefscafan View Post
The Cincinnati Bengals select Grant Delpit safety LSU

Will write later
This is who I'd have taken for the Chiefs.

He's so multi-faceted and so talented that you can run any scheme imaginable w/ him, Thornhill and Mathieu back there. And Mathieu is a cap casualty likely as soon as next season (if Jones is retained...maybe even if he isn't) at which time Delpit and Thornhill would still give you a dynamic pair of young safeties.

It isn't that I dislike Baun at all - I don't. I think he's a nice player. But I think he's a lower ceiling guy at a position we're perhaps overvaluing (I don't think he develops into the sort of 3-down Mike we're looking for; a Bobby Wagner kind of guy).

He's safe and steady as the sunrise. But if Delpit were there, I couldn't pass on him. He just brings too much to the table, IMO. You get a talent like that in your defensive backfield and you'll find a way to make him a difference-maker.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:07 PM   #12
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
This is who I'd have taken for the Chiefs.

He's so multi-faceted and so talented that you can run any scheme imaginable w/ him, Thornhill and Mathieu back there. And Mathieu is a cap casualty likely as soon as next season (if Jones is retained...maybe even if he isn't) at which time Delpit and Thornhill would still give you a dynamic pair of young safeties.

It isn't that I dislike Baun at all - I don't. I think he's a nice player. But I think he's a lower ceiling guy at a position we're perhaps overvaluing (I don't think he develops into the sort of 3-down Mike we're looking for; a Bobby Wagner kind of guy).

He's safe and steady as the sunrise. But if Delpit were there, I couldn't pass on him. He just brings too much to the table, IMO. You get a talent like that in your defensive backfield and you'll find a way to make him a difference-maker.
I can’t see them getting rid of Matheiu. He’s the leader of the defense and his presence alone changes everything.
I think they’ll push his money back in an extension and get rid of other high priced casualties instead like LDT, Fisher and Hitchens.

In fact, I think they’ll draft replacements for at least 2 of them this year and let them go in 2021.

This is a sneaky good OT class and I can see Andy drafting one as early as 64 if one of them is there.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:18 PM   #13
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I can’t see them getting rid of Matheiu. He’s the leader of the defense and his presence alone changes everything.
I think they’ll push his money back in an extension and get rid of other high priced casualties instead like LDT, Fisher and Hitchens.

In fact, I think they’ll draft replacements for at least 2 of them this year and let them go in 2021.

This is a sneaky good OT class and I can see Andy drafting one as early as 64 if one of them is there.
Yeah, he's undeniably a great candidate for an extension. The deal always looked like something of a 2-year contract w/ a window to revise in year 3.

But man, he'll have a LOT of leverage in those discussions and may not be overly eager to really bargain. 2021 will be his age 29 season and I can't imagine you'd be eager to push him much past 30 as a top of the market safety. That's just a real risky bet.

So if you approach him in 2021 and look to turn that $14 million base into a 3 year extension, how do you make it palatable for him? Convert $12 million of it into bonus w/ a $2 million base salary? Kicks $8 million into 2022 and 2023 as pro-rated cap, brings his cap hit down to about $7 million for 2021. Toss a $13 million base in for 2022 and $17 million base for 2023? Leaving a cap hit of $17 million for 2022 and 20 million for 2023 (knowing full well he won't see it)?

I'd say that borders on team friendly and it's STILL possible he wouldn't bite. And frankly it only kicks the can 1 year down the road (sees a $17 million cap figure in 2022 instead of $16.3 in 2021) while creating an $4 million dead cap charge for 2023.

There's just so many guys we'd "like to keep" that it's hard to see it happening. The cap just isn't structured to let teams hold onto 5-6 guys at/near the top of their respective markets. With Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Clark, Jones and Mathieu....cap just isn't designed to let teams do that for any appreciable period of time.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:21 AM   #14
In Search of a Life

Great pick Rain Man! That’s who I would’ve taken.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:56 AM   #15
legend

Oh goodness! Jordan Love is still there. Too bad Indy doesn't buy into the hype.
With our first selection in the 2020 NFL draft, the colts select:
Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.