Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-28-2021, 04:53 PM  
Mostly Ignored

The Best Slice

It's a shame we don't talk about pizza very often here on Chiefsplanet Football Message Board. It's not too late to change that, though.

I want to hear where everyone had their best slice of pizza pie. What are your favorite toppings? Does pineapple belong on pizza? Do you enjoy Dave Portnoy's pizza reviews? What your favorite of the fast food pizza franchises? DO YOU PREFER CHICAGO OR NEW YORK STYLE PIZZA? I need answers, people.

One bite, everybody knows the rules.
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2021, 08:36 PM   #106
In Search of a Life

The Happy Joe's Special is my favorite restaurant pizza - Canadian Bacon and Sauerkraut from an old Iowa chain. My overall favorite is on our wood fired oven that gets to 900 plus degrees and my wife's homemade zero flour crust can't be beat.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2021, 08:42 PM   #107
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBone View Post
I think it's interesting that both you and Bearcat mentioned beer places amongst your favorite pizza spots. Two of the best pizza places I've visited down here are also beer spots, Pinthouse pizza in Austin and Crying Eagle Brewery in Lake Charles.

Pinthouse pizza has become a mandatory visit for me every summer when I'm home to Texas. The beer is fine. It's not gonna blow you away, but it's above average, for sure. The pizza, though. Man. I grab the same two pies every time I go.

Banh Mi Pizza:

Crème fraîche, house cheese blend, local sausage, jalapeños, pickled onions and carrots, cucumbers, cilantro, Sriracha.

The Armadillo:

Extra virgin olive oil, house cheese blend, local artisan sausage, poblano peppers, ricotta cheese, and cilantro.
Another beer place with good pizza is Fate in Phoenix... they have an Awesome Sausage that's pretty simple and very good, as well as one with bacon, sausage, and pepperoni.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Kelso's has a special place in my heart. Owned by Wild Bill Kelso of the KC A's. His first went in by the old Antioch Center SE corner of Chouteau and Vivion Rd. It was his best spot when he moved into Metro North Mall it was always so busy that vegis on the pizza never got done always crunch and cold. Then he opened in NKC at NE corner of Armour and Swift same problem. Bill Kelso sponsored lots of Little League Baseball including our team. Always free pizza after the game. We would go to Kings games as we got older get Pizza and shoot the shit with Bill and he would serve us pitchers of beer. It was good pizza.

The Pizza by the slice place in Antioch center was awesome to but can't remember the name.
Went to Kelso's in NKC several times... it was one of those places that didn't often come to mind when wanting to go out to eat, but very good though.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2021, 08:49 PM   #108
MVP

Hands down is Pizza Queen in the 80s to 90s. The place was always packed and for good reason. They did it right.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-28-2021, 08:55 PM   #109
Hey Teacher!

Guys if you ever come to Canada or at least where I’m from Toronto, you gotta have Pizza Nova.
bricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 11-28-2021, 08:55 PM   #110
Veteran

I didn't read through the whole thread but Pizza Shoppe pizza which originated in the Northland is the best. I don't know if the style is Chicago or what.

I had Danny (owner) make a pizza, not cooked, put in a cooler with dry ice and took it out to the Grand Canyon when I visited a friend. We took pics and they are on his wall in Platte Woods.

He gave me a few of his "seasoned" pans. He stated "It is the crust and the pans that make a difference". He also gave me a pizza recipe which I have used. They turned out quite good, but not as good as his. I don't have the equipment.
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-28-2021, 08:57 PM   #111
Hey Teacher!

Google “Pizza Nova”.

They were founded by an Italian immigrant family in the early
‘60s and eventually evolved into a pizza chain. Absolutely delicious pizza. Some of the best I ever had.
bricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellibricks 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 11-28-2021, 09:23 PM   #112
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBone View Post
I think it's interesting that both you and Bearcat mentioned beer places amongst your favorite pizza spots. Two of the best pizza places I've visited down here are also beer spots, Pinthouse pizza in Austin and Crying Eagle Brewery in Lake Charles.

Pinthouse pizza has become a mandatory visit for me every summer when I'm home to Texas. The beer is fine. It's not gonna blow you away, but it's above average, for sure. The pizza, though. Man. I grab the same two pies every time I go.

Banh Mi Pizza:

Crème fraîche, house cheese blend, local sausage, jalapeños, pickled onions and carrots, cucumbers, cilantro, Sriracha.

The Armadillo:

Extra virgin olive oil, house cheese blend, local artisan sausage, poblano peppers, ricotta cheese, and cilantro.

The top pizza looks fantastic. The bottom one looks too much like a fancy Domino's.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2021, 09:42 PM   #113
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricks View Post
Google “Pizza Nova”.

They were founded by an Italian immigrant family in the early
‘60s and eventually evolved into a pizza chain. Absolutely delicious pizza. Some of the best I ever had.
No one cares about your Canadian pizza you cuck
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2021, 09:49 PM   #114
Mostly Ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by seclark View Post
Rigazzi’s on The Hill in St Louis.
Thin crust
Bacon and pineapple
Pitcher of Michelob
Before or after a Blues game
sec
**** yes. I've always preferred bacon and pineapple as opposed to ham and pineapple.
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 09:50 PM   #115
Mostly Ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
The top pizza looks fantastic. The bottom one looks too much like a fancy Domino's.
That's just the ingredients from a traditional banh mi sandwich. I do agree it looks like a bit much, but it tastes fantastic.
Old 11-28-2021, 09:58 PM   #116
Fight, build, win!

Banh Mi sounds like Thai people's food.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2021, 10:00 PM   #117
I'll be back.

I stick with Waldo Pizza and Minsky's.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2021, 10:06 PM   #118
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
I stick with Waldo Pizza and Minsky's.
Weird since you don’t even live in Waldo
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2021, 10:08 PM   #119
Fight, build, win!

Any of the other Northlanders remember Pizza Factory? It was good pie and tasted a lot like Pizza Shop. I always wondered if it was owned by a relative or former worker. They also had a garlic salad dressing like Pizza Shoppe but was white not pink.

The location I knew was in the shopping center at Parvin and N Brighton Rds. When I worked at worlds of fun we ordered it a lot.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2021, 10:10 PM   #120
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holladay View Post
I didn't read through the whole thread but Pizza Shoppe pizza which originated in the Northland is the best. I don't know if the style is Chicago or what.

I had Danny (owner) make a pizza, not cooked, put in a cooler with dry ice and took it out to the Grand Canyon when I visited a friend. We took pics and they are on his wall in Platte Woods.

He gave me a few of his "seasoned" pans. He stated "It is the crust and the pans that make a difference". He also gave me a pizza recipe which I have used. They turned out quite good, but not as good as his. I don't have the equipment.
I learned something new today. I thought for sure the original location was in Olathe off of K7 and Santa Fe. I went there as a child in the early 80s, and then again, just a few years ago. It still looks the same after 40 years!

Good pizza then, and now. Gimme a Butcher Block and a side salad with pink stuff for the win.
stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.