Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-15-2021, 06:07 PM  
On Hiatus

Has anyone subscribed to Discovery+

And if you have, what are your positives/negatives on it?

I like watching several of the shows on Discovery & History channels along with some of the content on Science and Travel Channels. Unfortunately Comcast moved Science and Travel Channels off my subscriber plan about a year ago, so shows like Mysteries of the Abandoned and shows just like it that are on the Science Channel and some of really creepy scary shows on Travel Channel are no longer available to me.

Is it worth subscribing to Discovery+ or would I be wasting my money?
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-15-2021, 07:01 PM   #2
Hello

I get it with the Hulu package. I think there’s some good stuff on it, it’s worth the few bucks a month extra.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2021, 08:31 PM   #3
Forever Royal

I’m very unhappy about this. We get all of those channels and most, if not all, at least the ones I watch, have an app on the roku so I can watch shows whenever I want. But now they are producing shows just for Discovery +, and even worse some shows, like Restaurant Impossible, moved to Discovery + so I can’t watch it anymore without subscribing to a service full of channels I already pay for. So on principle I don’t think I’ll ever pay for it. Maybe I’ll finally get Curiosity Stream again.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-16-2021, 07:03 AM   #4
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
I’m very unhappy about this. We get all of those channels and most, if not all, at least the ones I watch, have an app on the roku so I can watch shows whenever I want. But now they are producing shows just for Discovery +, and even worse some shows, like Restaurant Impossible, moved to Discovery + so I can’t watch it anymore without subscribing to a service full of channels I already pay for. So on principle I don’t think I’ll ever pay for it. Maybe I’ll finally get Curiosity Stream again.
It is cheap, and if those shows/networks are mostly what you watch, why are you paying for cable or other?

My only complaint thus far is the video quality isn't fantastic. It is OK, but not great.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:28 AM   #5
Resident Glue Sniffer

are there commercials on this if you subscribe to it?
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:47 AM   #6
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
are there commercials on this if you subscribe to it?
Depends on your subscription level. $4.99/month has ads. $6.99/month does not.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-16-2021, 12:33 PM   #7
In Search of a Life

We’ve come back around to where cable is a better all around deal again.

I pay $45 a month for my direct tv package
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2021, 12:39 PM   #8
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
We’ve come back around to where cable is a better all around deal again.

I pay $45 a month for my direct tv package
Not really. I don't count Amazon Prime as a monthly deal as I would still pay the annual premium just for the fast shipping and no order min for "free" shipping.

Outside that I only spend maybe $20/month on streaming services because I cycle through them and cancel once I've watched what I wanted to see and move on to the next. Sometimes it is half that.
Old 02-16-2021, 02:43 PM   #9
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
It is cheap, and if those shows/networks are mostly what you watch, why are you paying for cable or other?

My only complaint thus far is the video quality isn't fantastic. It is OK, but not great.

I’m not much of a fan of only having streaming options. I find lots of shows just scrolling through channels and don’t want to have to always “find” or specifically choose something to watch. I’ll just keep using the apps or dvring things but I suspect the apps will be phased out and discovery + will be the only option to stream their shows.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-16-2021, 05:06 PM   #10
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
Not really. I don't count Amazon Prime as a monthly deal as I would still pay the annual premium just for the fast shipping and no order min for "free" shipping.

Outside that I only spend maybe $20/month on streaming services because I cycle through them and cancel once I've watched what I wanted to see and move on to the next. Sometimes it is half that.
If you have just Netflix/HBOMAX and the Disney + Hulu bundle, that’s damn near $45 right there.

All great services, but the cost is slowly creeping up.

Surely not every specialized streaming service can survive long term?
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2021, 05:03 AM   #11
On Hiatus

Thanks for the input everyone....think I will try it out for 3 months and see what I like/don't like about it.
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:50 PM   #12
MVP

We have it, along with Disney+ and HBO Max, CBS, and Peacock. Going to ditch HBO Max once I get through GoT because its shit. I like Discovery+ though because it pretty much has every show the wife and I take the time to watch.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-19-2021, 12:25 AM   #13
Black Bob's daddy

I get a year free through Verizon, haven’t watched it much yet though
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.