Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-20-2021, 03:31 PM   #2
sorta mod-ish

I'm way too intrigued with Cornell Powell's potential to take a swing at Julio. He may end up being the next Marcus Kemp, who knows for certain, but man we have so much firepower at other positions around the X spot already that we just don't need Julio and his contract for one year and his injuries. And I say that as a HUGE Julio fan. Hell, I think mkp has convinced me to give Larry Fitz a shot if we're looking for a vet for that spot, lol.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 05:18 PM   #3
MVP

Larry Fitzgerald?

We've gone from a borderline stupid use of resources that at least has the potential to be brilliant for a couple of seasons to just being stupid to be stupid. He's toast.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-23-2021, 10:00 PM   #4
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Larry Fitzgerald?

We've gone from a borderline stupid use of resources that at least has the potential to be brilliant for a couple of seasons to just being stupid to be stupid. He's toast.
I think Fitzgerald now is what we hope Powell is going to be albeit a lot slower.... I think he's worth a swing for his professionalism and durability alone
CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 05-24-2021, 12:09 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2 View Post
I think Fitzgerald now is what we hope Powell is going to be albeit a lot slower.... I think he's worth a swing for his professionalism and durability alone
A bit slower? He's toast. He had 7.6 ypr last year. Robinson was more productive.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-24-2021, 12:55 AM   #6
Starter

Quote:
A bit slower? He's toast. He had 7.6 ypr last year. Robinson was more productive.
I don't think you read my post thoroughly. I'd be more interested in Fitz' drop rate than his ypr. He wasn't taking the top off of any defenses 5 years ago. 8 yards sure sounds a hell of a lot better than 0 due to the drops though.

I don't know what the financials are but if he's cheap I'd absolutely be on board with bringing him on the redemption tour.
CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 05-24-2021, 11:25 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2 View Post
I don't think you read my post thoroughly. I'd be more interested in Fitz' drop rate than his ypr. He wasn't taking the top off of any defenses 5 years ago. 8 yards sure sounds a hell of a lot better than 0 due to the drops though.

I don't know what the financials are but if he's cheap I'd absolutely be on board with bringing him on the redemption tour.
Why care about drops? Unless drop rates are unreasonably high where they affect Catch/Target significantly, Catch/Target is a more useful stat. Like a drop, if a target isn't caught then it was affected by a defender or an overthrow by the QB whereby both can be/are affected by the receiver's ability to get/be open. Looking at all 3 contributing factors as a whole, then I'm fine with D Rob.

DRob's catch/target was 76.3% last year while Fitz's was 75.0%. In both cases, there was good production in regard to catch rate. The mid-70s, actually, is top-notch.

Compare them to the top 5 most productive receivers in the NFL in 2020...
Diggs - 76.5%, Hopkins - 71.9%, Adams - 77.2%, A. Robinson - 67.5%, Lockett - 75.8%

Given that both receivers are getting near similar YAC, Robinson had 165 on 45 receptions (3.67 yac ave)and Fitz had 178 on 54 receptions (3.30 yac ave), then the extra 3 yards per reception Robinson is getting comes primarily from his route.

You look at Fitz, that means on average he got the ball within the first 4.1 yards. That's not good. You question, statistically, his ability to win beyond the release. You see with your eyes he really can't anymore.
Old 05-24-2021, 07:28 PM   #8
Veteran

Changed my mind.. Im in on Julio...Teams need to respect our #2 receiver
poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.
Old 05-25-2021, 10:18 AM   #9
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolboy View Post
Changed my mind.. Im in on Julio...Teams need to respect our #2 receiver
Let's pay $15M for "respect".

htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 11:13 AM   #10
Veteran

hopefully we could get that number down somehow
poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:41 PM   #11
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolboy View Post
hopefully we could get that number down somehow
It's guaranteed. The Falcons might be able to pick up some of that but we're taking the bulk of the hit.

Re-doing his deal moves the guaranteed money, making him much more difficult to afford in the future, which isn't wise considering his age and injury history.

I think people need to realize that this move just doesn't make sense.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 04:45 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
It's guaranteed. The Falcons might be able to pick up some of that but we're taking the bulk of the hit.

Re-doing his deal moves the guaranteed money, making him much more difficult to afford in the future, which isn't wise considering his age and injury history.

I think people need to realize that this move just doesn't make sense.
Money isn't the issue. I kind of outlined a "scenario" to make it happen in the Lounge thread. The issue is going to be what the Falcons want. If it's the reported 1st or even a 2nd, I'd be out. No way I'd give up that kind of capital for a 32-year-old player. A 3rd is max.
Old 05-25-2021, 11:02 PM   #13
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Money isn't the issue. I kind of outlined a "scenario" to make it happen in the Lounge thread. The issue is going to be what the Falcons want. If it's the reported 1st or even a 2nd, I'd be out. No way I'd give up that kind of capital for a 32-year-old player. A 3rd is max.
It is an issue unless you start getting really creative with the cap (like the scenario you mentioned, which still isn't all that realistic).

You're more than likely having to cut salary to fit him in PLUS trading high draft picks.

It's just too much.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 10:55 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
It is an issue unless you start getting really creative with the cap (like the scenario you mentioned, which still isn't all that realistic).

You're more than likely having to cut salary to fit him in PLUS trading high draft picks.

It's just too much.

The only realistic scenario is moving Frank Clark money. The Chiefs aren't cutting Hitchens this year. An HB extension won't likely get them there either. If they want Julio, it's a combo of moving some of his salary to bonus and Clark's. How much may depend on a few other potential factors like an HB extension shaving a few off the top but that's about it.

I'd take Julio for a couple of "likely" good years yet if the price is no more than a 3rd. A 3rd is less than flipping a coin on getting a player that does anything much. If we're talking a 1st or 2nd, save the picks and draft a WR early next year.

That said, the Falcons reportedly want a 1st. If that's the case, they can go blow smoke up their own asses.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 01:12 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Where to sign up!? I'd happily give a 3rd + Player for Julio.

Who do you want? Mecole, D Rob, LDT?
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.