Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-21-2024, 12:03 AM  
Starter

If we could have one draft a redo, what would it be?

I haven’t seen any threads on this kind of hypothetical and maybe nobody is interested. But I think it’s fascinating to think about.

To me the obvious choice would have been to draft George Kittle at tight end in 2017. He went to San Francisco at number five and we spent number four on a nobody wide receiver.

With that choice I think we might’ve won every Super Bowl since Mahomes became a starter. Even when we lost to Tampa Bay, it might’ve made a difference. The problems in that game were terrible blocking because of tackle injuries and Kittle would’ve helped there. Another problem was dropped passes in the end zone both by Hill and the running back [Williams, I think it was, although that would’ve been a really difficult catch.] kittle would’ve helped there too.

Anybody else have any comments on a better what if choice. The 2017 draft also offered several other possibilities including Aaron Jones, Alvin Kamara, and Cooper Kupp. But none would’ve made as much difference as Kittle.

And I think having to tight ends like kettle and Kelce would have been almost impossible for the lead to defend.

In 2020 taking either Jonathan Taylor or tee, or Tee Higgins [or almost anybody] would obviously have been better than taking Edwards as running back with our first round pick. But that would not have made as much difference in my view.
gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
Old 03-21-2024, 09:56 PM   #16
MVP

Singular do-over would be Michael Pittman over Clyde Edwards-Helaire.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-26-2024, 08:56 PM   #17
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Yeah, but how would Montana have fared in the Marv Levy/John Mackovic offenses? I still think I'd go with Marino as my all-time do-over, assuming of course that there was no butterfly effect on 2017.
Agreed. I’m not sure Montana is Montana without Walsh. That system fit him perfectly. Every teams draft redo has to have Brady at the top of the list?
kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.