Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-18-2019, 01:44 PM  
Banned

Top gun trailer

Couldn't find a thread.

https://youtu.be/qSqVVswa420
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 06-06-2022, 11:04 AM   #136
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

I guess I should point out that one of my criticisms is unfounded in the modern Navy - a pilot/RIO can wear glasses or contacts if his/her vision is correctable to 20/20. That wasn't the case when I was in, but of course I was in when the first movie came out in the mid 80s. I thought they just put glasses on Bob to make his dorky character even dorkier. While it was a small thing, it was enough to set off my Navy veteran bullshit alarm.

Anyway, I was wrong on that point. I stand by the rest of them, though.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2022, 11:07 AM   #137
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I guess I should point out that one of my criticisms is unfounded in the modern Navy - a pilot/RIO can wear glasses or contacts if his/her vision is correctable to 20/20. That wasn't the case when I was in, but of course I was in when the first movie came out in the mid 80s. I thought they just put glasses on Bob to make his dorky character even dorkier. While it was a small thing, it was enough to set off my Navy veteran bullshit alarm.

Anyway, I was wrong on that point. I stand by the rest of them, though.
This was THE reason I didn't join the AF or Navy.

I wanted at least a shot at making the flight program. They said nope, but still pushed hard since my test scores were fantastic.

**** em'
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 11:20 AM   #138
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
This was THE reason I didn't join the AF or Navy.

I wanted at least a shot at making the flight program. They said nope, but still pushed hard since my test scores were fantastic.

**** em'
I still kind of question it, though. I mean, with all the violent physical forces at play on somebody flying a fighter, it seems kind of chancy. I've known people to lose contacts or have their glasses break/shift from a variety of things infinitely more gentle than five G barrel rolls.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2022, 11:28 AM   #139
I'll be back.

love a good naval expose from frazod
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2022, 11:35 AM   #140
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Admittedly, my only real experience with naval aviation was when a carrier my ship was alongside in the Med during an UNREP (resupplying by lines and helos) scrambled its ready fighters as we performed an emergency breakaway when a Russian cruiser steamed directly ahead of us and stopped.

The Russian ship moved out of way. Quickly. They ****ed with us like that sometimes. I'm sure we did the same to them.

That shit was LOUD, too.
Old 06-06-2022, 03:04 PM   #141
sorta mod-ish

And here my dumb ass was thinking the actors actually got to fly the planes after watching this and the training they went through, lol.

Even if they didn't fly them it's impressive they were in there and dealing with those G's.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2022, 03:30 PM   #142
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
And here my dumb ass was thinking the actors actually got to fly the planes after watching this and the training they went through, lol.

Even if they didn't fly them it's impressive they were in there and dealing with those G's.
Wait...what?!?

You thought they just tossed Miles Teller the keys to an F-18 and said "bring 'er back in one piece..."

My understanding is that Cruise can actually fly and that he actually flew that trainer in the scene at the end with Jennifer Connelly. But that part of the Navy allowing them to use the real Hornets was a strict "Tom Cruise can't touch ANYTHING" requirement because...well, his reputation precedes him.

The guys just balls to the walls - but there's no way they're giving a pile of actors control of a fighter jet.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2022, 03:39 PM   #143
In Search of a Life

Saw it last night. Enjoyed it.

No chance I could withstand the force of pilots. Just not a club in my bag for that.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2022, 03:44 PM   #144

Yes - it appears Tom Cruise can definitely fly a P-51 as well as an actual 'fighter' style jet.

James Corden is an annoying pain in the ass but Tom Cruise is just wild as hell, man.

EDIT: From what I can find that's an Aero L-39 Albatros. Max Speed is in the 500 mph range with a 36K ft ceiling and a climb rate around 21 m/s; can pull a hair over 6 Gs.

So it ain't a Raptor or anything but it does not **** around.

Last edited by DJ's left nut; 06-06-2022 at 03:55 PM..
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2022, 03:58 PM   #145
In Search of a Life

Great movie.

9/10

I highly suggest watching in theaters as opposed to waiting to watch it at home.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2022, 04:02 PM   #146
Needs more middle fingers

I went back to my home town yesterday and drove by the ol' Top Gun house. They turned it into a restaurant. I use to walk by that house everyday as a kid.

That whole area has been radically changed. They've got nice big hotels everywhere. Can't even see the ocean from the hillside any more.

Two things still stand: My favorite taco shop and the Top Gun house. But even the Top gun house has been changed.

They built a movie theater within a 1 min walk from the Top Gun house and I was thiiiiiis close to stopping in to watch Top Gun 2. Just not enough time in the day yesterday.

I think i might drive back next weekend just to watch the Movie in Oceanside.

I mean, how cool would it be to watch Top Gun 2 just 1min away from where parts of Top Gun were filmed?
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 04:05 PM   #147
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yes - it appears Tom Cruise can definitely fly a P-51 as well as an actual 'fighter' style jet.

James Corden is an annoying pain in the ass but Tom Cruise is just wild as hell, man.

EDIT: From what I can find that's an Aero L-39 Albatros. Max Speed is in the 500 mph range with a 36K ft ceiling and a climb rate around 21 m/s; can pull a hair over 6 Gs.

So it ain't a Raptor or anything but it does not **** around.
I'm going to guess it can climb faster than that.

(Nevermind, I'm used to meter or feet/minute)

Last edited by notorious; 06-06-2022 at 04:15 PM..
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2022, 04:15 PM   #148
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Wait...what?!?

You thought they just tossed Miles Teller the keys to an F-18 and said "bring 'er back in one piece..."

My understanding is that Cruise can actually fly and that he actually flew that trainer in the scene at the end with Jennifer Connelly. But that part of the Navy allowing them to use the real Hornets was a strict "Tom Cruise can't touch ANYTHING" requirement because...well, his reputation precedes him.

The guys just balls to the walls - but there's no way they're giving a pile of actors control of a fighter jet.
I mean, I figured it was a retired F/18 drug out of mothballs

Let me be excited and a live self constructed fantasy life vicariously, damn you.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2022, 04:18 PM   #149
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post

I mean, how cool would it be to watch Top Gun 2 just 1min away from where parts of Top Gun were filmed?
Shit, us locals call it "the Top Gun House".... in case no one knows wtf im talking about.

I'm referring to the house where Tom Cruise ****ed Kelly McGillis. The "Take my Breath Away" scene where Tom Cruise rides off into the sunset on his Kawasaki Ninja.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2022, 04:21 PM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I'm going to guess it can climb faster than that.
That's 4100 ft/minute, no?

That's pretty damn severe, especially for a sub-sonic trainer. About 7 times what a Cessna is rated for.

I'm guessing it just doesn't have the power to simply go nose up and rocket without running out of inertia and stalling. It looks like a maneuverable little thing but doesn't seem like it's incredibly powerful.