Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-20-2023, 07:11 AM   #2
Here We Go Again

Had a long thought about sticking Geoff Tate in place of Cornell or Patton.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-20-2023, 07:16 AM   #3
Here We Go Again

There are some pretty fantastic singers in modern Powermetal. Atilla Dorn (Powerwolf) and Joakim Brodem (Sabaton) are damn good.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-20-2023, 07:50 AM   #4
Rookie

I'd be tempted to put Chris Cornell at #1. IMO he and Mercury are 1A and 1B. I saw CC at the Stiefel in Salina about 6 months before he died. Based on his recent music at the time, I thought his voice was starting to go downhill, but no. He sounded exactly like the 1990s Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog version of himself. Absolutely amazing.
AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 09:24 AM   #5
On one quarter

i listened to this song maybe a dozen times in the 90s. then 20 years later i watched it on youtube. i remembered all the lyrics. it must be the writing, beause my memory isnt that good
Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-20-2023, 09:49 AM   #6
Here We Go Again

Tyr combines clean vocals with a heavier sound inspired by Maiden and the like.

Old 04-20-2023, 10:07 AM   #7
Rookie

AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-20-2023, 01:30 PM   #8
'Tis my eye!

A comparable band might be Europe. Everybody remembers the cheesy keyboards of the Final Countdown but hidden in all of that hair spray and corporatism, John Norum was a legit virtuostic guitarist. Hell, a couple of the original members actually left the band before they hit it big to join Yngwie Malmsteen.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2023, 01:33 PM   #9
Exasperated

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
A comparable band might be Europe. Everybody remembers the cheesy keyboards of the Final Countdown but hidden in all of that hair spray and corporatism, John Norum was a legit virtuostic guitarist. Hell, a couple of the original members actually left the band before they hit it big to join Yngwie Malmsteen.
One of the better shreds videos

Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 01:35 PM   #10
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
One of the better shreds videos

Exactly.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2023, 01:36 PM   #11
Rookie

We've all heard Steel Panther, right?

I'm convinced those guys could've been a top-notch serious band.
Old 04-20-2023, 01:48 PM   #12
Exasperated

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush View Post
We've all heard Steel Panther, right?

I'm convinced those guys could've been a top-notch serious band.
I like them just the way they are.
Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.
Old 04-20-2023, 01:50 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
I like them just the way they are.
Same. The R-rated video for "Glory Hole" kills me.
Old 04-20-2023, 01:59 PM   #14
Exasperated

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush View Post
Same. The R-rated video for "Glory Hole" kills me.
It's so, so good.
Old 04-20-2023, 02:11 PM   #15
'Tis my eye!

Big fan of both Red Fang and Uncle Acid. I'm digging back too, firing up some Witchfinder General today.