Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 07:13 AM   #2
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Nobody stole your $100. You did offer to give away your $100 in a fit of rage after you were stripped of your ability to create the lineups, but you are still a part of the group and you'll get your share of any winnings by the group.

What you don't get is the right to do whatever you damn well please with the $5000 that the 50 members of the group collectively invested. What you don't get is the right to be a complete douchebag and lose $3100 of that $5000 the very first week by completely ignoring the wishes of everybody else in the group and betting the entire bankroll without a consensus from the group about the strategy. What you don't get is the right to decide that the single most important rule of the group doesn't apply to you. The rule you decided to ignore goes to the basic integrity of the group, it was designed to prevent anyone from using insider information about the group's picks to steal a percentage of the group's winnings, and it was your ****ing idea in the first place. But as soon as you got an opportunity, you announced to the group that you were going to ignore the rule, and there wasn't a damn thing we could do to stop you. And you completely alienated and pissed off everybody else who wanted to help set the lineups.

You thought there was nothing that could be done to stop either of those things. It turns out there was.

If you want to air all of the dirty laundry from the Fanduel Forum in the open forum, then be prepared to have the other 49 members of the group call you out for your bullshit. However, if you have one lick of common sense, you will simply shut the **** up and pray that this all blows over.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 10-25-2015, 07:18 AM   #3
Cheat Death

Norv Turner's neck is laughing at how rocky this whole thing has gone.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 10-25-2015, 07:20 AM   #4
Itinerant degenerate.

Inb4......
Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:02 AM   #5
Supporter

Quote:
...and lose $3100 of that $5000 the very first week...
the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 10-25-2015, 11:13 AM   #6
pie is never free

Quote:
Nobody stole your $100. You did offer to give away your $100 in a fit of rage after you were stripped of your ability to create the lineups, but you are still a part of the group and you'll get your share of any winnings by the group.

What you don't get is the right to do whatever you damn well please with the $5000 that the 50 members of the group collectively invested. What you don't get is the right to be a complete douchebag and lose $3100 of that $5000 the very first week by completely ignoring the wishes of everybody else in the group and betting the entire bankroll without a consensus from the group about the strategy. What you don't get is the right to decide that the single most important rule of the group doesn't apply to you. The rule you decided to ignore goes to the basic integrity of the group, it was designed to prevent anyone from using insider information about the group's picks to steal a percentage of the group's winnings, and it was your ****ing idea in the first place. But as soon as you got an opportunity, you announced to the group that you were going to ignore the rule, and there wasn't a damn thing we could do to stop you. And you completely alienated and pissed off everybody else who wanted to help set the lineups.

You thought there was nothing that could be done to stop either of those things. It turns out there was.

If you want to air all of the dirty laundry from the Fanduel Forum in the open forum, then be prepared to have the other 49 members of the group call you out for your bullshit. However, if you have one lick of common sense, you will simply shut the **** up and pray that this all blows over.
Oh wow... little scumbag gonna scumbag.
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 10-25-2015, 01:23 PM   #7
Beyond the Rapids

Who could have predicted

-a bunch of idiots going into business with Hootie would end in disaster
-a few goofs from a message board thinking they'd corner the DFS market would lose 2/3 of their money the first week
-hootie, who tells us all day long what a master gambler he is, would lose his shirt
-hootie would melt down blaming someone else
-draft tabulators getting pantsed
-it's nobody's fault
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 10-25-2015, 01:41 PM   #8
Quit your bullshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochise View Post

Who could have predicted

-a few goofs from a message board thinking they'd corner the DFS market would lose 2/3 of their money the first week
-hootie, who tells us all day long what a master gambler he is, would lose his shirt
-it's nobody's fault
Tha whole thing is great.
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 10-25-2015, 01:58 PM   #9
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
To be fair, Hootie said he would take half the earnings and donate it to the group if the lineup won big. But yeah. Who knows if he actually intended to.
There is no ****ing way Hootie would have honored his word on that. He broke his word about not putting in his own entries that duplicate the group's entries, he proclaimed himself to be a victim, and he said we were all a bunch of pricks who were trying to steal his money when we objected. After he blatantly went back on his word about that, we are supposed to believe he wouldn't do the same thing if the stakes became real, actual money instead of a hypothetical chance to win some money?

If a miracle happened and there was a big pot that was split between one of the group's entries and one of Hootie's private entries, there is not a ****ing chance in hell that Hootie would shared that money with the group. It was obvious that he was lying his ass off about that.
Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 10-25-2015, 02:01 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochise View Post

Who could have predicted

-it's nobody's fault
I kicked in my $100 strictly out of curiosity and for the entertainment value. As soon as I sent the money to BRC via Paypal I was very sure it would be gone forever. I've seen enough of Hootie over the years to know what a stubborn SOB he is, how he steadfastly refuses to ever admit he is ever wrong about anything, and how he is completely and totally wrong in his takes a large percentage of the time.

I wanted to see how the whole thing would play out, and I can afford to spend $100 for the entertainment value. If I had "invested" that money thinking Hootie was going to make me rich, then I would be an idiot. I seriously doubt that anybody really expected to make money off of Hootie.

Having said all of that, I am very glad that OnTheWarPath and the others have taken over the lineups. Now there is a chance that at the end of the season there may actually be a little money in the account to split up. With Hootie the compulsive gambler who HAS to have action every week, there is no way there would by anything left at the end.
Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 10-25-2015, 02:08 PM   #11
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
I kicked in my $100 strictly out of curiosity and for the entertainment value. As soon as I sent the money to BRC via Paypal I was very sure it would be gone forever. I've seen enough of Hootie over the years to know what a stubborn SOB he is, how he steadfastly refuses to ever admit he is ever wrong about anything, and how he is completely and totally wrong in his takes a large percentage of the time.

I wanted to see how the whole thing would play out, and I can afford to spend $100 for the entertainment value. If I had "invested" that money thinking Hootie was going to make me rich, then I would be an idiot. I seriously doubt that anybody really expected to make money off of Hootie.

Having said all of that, I am very glad that OnTheWarPath and the others have taken over the lineups. Now there is a chance that at the end of the season there may actually be a little money in the account to split up. With Hootie the compulsive gambler who HAS to have action every week, there is no way there would by anything left at the end.
Of course he used your guys' money to bankroll himself. Of course he was playing lineups against you to try to make money for himself on the side. Of course he was not going to share that with you if he won. And, if the whole group had been phenomenally successful, do you think he would have dealt honestly with the winnings? Of course not. He's a degenerate gambler. He took money from a bunch of marks and got some free plays out of it.

Can we all agree that this idiot should never be unbanned, no matter who "vouches" for him this time? (whatever that means)
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 10-25-2015, 02:02 PM   #12
Kind of a mod

Quote:
There is no ****ing way Hootie would have honored his word on that. He broke his word about not putting in his own entries that duplicate the group's entries, he proclaimed himself to be a victim, and he said we were all a bunch of pricks who were trying to steal his money when we objected. After he blatantly went back on his word about that, we are supposed to believe he wouldn't do the same thing if the stakes became real, actual money instead of a hypothetical chance to win some money?

If a miracle happened and there was a big pot that was split between one of the group's entries and one of Hootie's private entries, there is not a ****ing chance in hell that Hootie would shared that money with the group. It was obvious that he was lying his ass off about that.
Not that I fully understand how all this works, but I'd tend to agree. If he decided to do something outside the rules in the first place, it seems pretty unlikely he'd suddenly decide to play nice when big money is involved.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 10-25-2015, 02:20 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Not that I fully understand how all this works, but I'd tend to agree. If he decided to do something outside the rules in the first place, it seems pretty unlikely he'd suddenly decide to play nice when big money is involved.
Hootie is like the heroin addict who will say or do anything to get his next fix. He is a gambling addict. He insisted upon having action the very first week even though he and the group were completely unprepared to go forward. That ended in a dumpster fire and we lost 60% of the entire bankroll. In typical Hootie fashion, he blamed everybody but himself. Then he got an offer for 7 free plays from Fanduel because of a promotion they were running, and he felt absolutely compelled to play those picks on his own. When he was reminded that this was a blatant violation of the most important rule of the group, he told us all to go **** ourselves, that he had 7 free plays, and he was damn well going to play them. When somebody said "Fine, go ahead, just don't duplicate the group's entries", he refused to make even that small compromise. He said "If this costs the group money, I will pay it all back". Yeah, right.

Like a heroin addict, Hootie's inability to control his own behavior wound up costing him everything.

I probably wouldn't have banned him from the site, although I understand completely why he was banned. I would preferred to kick him out of the group and then pound him relentlessly in the open forum until he posted an "I'm leaving forever" thread.

Old 10-25-2015, 02:24 PM   #14
Cheat Death

Quote:
Hootie is like the heroin addict who will say or do anything to get his next fix. He is a gambling addict. He insisted upon having action the very first week even though he and the group were completely unprepared to go forward. That ended in a dumpster fire and we lost 60% of the entire bankroll. In typical Hootie fashion, he blamed everybody but himself. Then he got an offer for 7 free plays from Fanduel because of a promotion they were running, and he felt absolutely compelled to play those picks on his own. When he was reminded that this was a blatant violation of the most important rule of the group, he told us all to go **** ourselves, that he had 7 free plays, and he was damn well going to play them. When somebody said "Fine, go ahead, just don't duplicate the group's entries", he refused to make even that small compromise. He said "If this costs the group money, I will pay it all back". Yeah, right.

Like a heroin addict, Hootie's inability to control his own behavior wound up costing him everything.

I probably wouldn't have banned him from the site, although I understand completely why he was banned. I would preferred to kick him out of the group and then pound him relentlessly in the open forum until he posted an "I'm leaving forever" thread.
I forget, which way did you vote on that?
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 10-25-2015, 02:32 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
I forget, which way did you vote on that?
I voted to appease Hootie and keep the peace. I voted for "Peace in our time".

I forgot that appeasement never works.

Closed Thread