Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-18-2023, 02:22 PM   #2
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush View Post
Are any of you old metalheads into newer stuff? For me Gojira, Lamb of God, and Meshuggah are go-tos.
My son is, so I've heard some stuff. I don't hate it but I don't really pursue it.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2023, 02:37 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
My son is, so I've heard some stuff. I don't hate it but I don't really pursue it.
The vocals can be hard to get used to. Yelling is one thing (Slayer, Pantera), but I tend to tune out the moment I hear some guy growling like an animal, or like he's about to vomit (Cannibal Corpse).
AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 07:55 AM   #4
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
The vocals can be hard to get used to. Yelling is one thing (Slayer, Pantera), but I tend to tune out the moment I hear some guy growling like an animal, or like he's about to vomit (Cannibal Corpse).
What kills me is, I honestly feel like the vocals could be sung by a really talented vocalist for most of this stuff and it would make it better. Cannibal Corpse is a great example of "What the **** is he grumbling about?"

I hate that shit. There's a place for emotion and screaming, but when it's all garbled shit, it's...well...shit.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 08:11 AM   #5
Cheat Death

Quote:
What kills me is, I honestly feel like the vocals could be sung by a really talented vocalist for most of this stuff and it would make it better. Cannibal Corpse is a great example of "What the **** is he grumbling about?"

I hate that shit. There's a place for emotion and screaming, but when it's all garbled shit, it's...well...shit.
I can understand different tastes in vocal styles but the bands name is Cannibal Corpse.

Are you really expecting a song called Stripped, Raped and Strangled to be sang with a Meat Loaf vocal style?

Think of death metal vocals as an additional instrument. Nobody gives a single **** about the lyrics.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 08:18 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
I can understand different tastes in vocal styles but the bands name is Cannibal Corpse.

Are you really expecting a song called Stripped, Raped and Strangled to be sang with a Meat Loaf vocal style?

Think of death metal vocals as an additional instrument. Nobody gives a single **** about the lyrics.
"Don't touch that radio dial! Up next is 'I cum blood' by Michael Bublé."
AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 09:01 AM   #7
Cheat Death

Quote:
"Don't touch that radio dial! Up next is 'I cum blood' by Michael Bublé."
The falsetto after the guitar solo in “****ed, Stabbed, and Eaten” moved me to tears
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 08:22 AM   #8
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:

Indeed. I mean, how could they?

Thing is, I'm a vocalist, and so I pay very close attention to and give heavy weight to a band's vocals. It baffles me that you could have a band full of really damn good musicians only to have it ruined by the same flat, phlegmy growling vocals...I mean seriously, it does take some work to do that shit to your voice, but I'd hardly call it singing...

/old man Maiden fan out...
Old 04-19-2023, 09:57 AM   #9
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Indeed. I mean, how could they?

Thing is, I'm a vocalist, and so I pay very close attention to and give heavy weight to a band's vocals. It baffles me that you could have a band full of really damn good musicians only to have it ruined by the same flat, phlegmy growling vocals...I mean seriously, it does take some work to do that shit to your voice, but I'd hardly call it singing...

/old man Maiden fan out...
You need to give extreme metal more of a chance, man. It might shock you to know that a lot of those growlers and squealers can actually SING. Some of the best hardcore and extreme bands have VERY versatile singers, which creates a sort of tension in the songwriting that can be really emotionally impactful.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2023, 09:57 AM   #10
Veteran

Quote:

You took the words right out of my mouth I was just about to strip rape and strangle you. Yeah I can see it.
Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Dark Horse must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-18-2023, 02:36 PM   #11
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Are any of you old metalheads into newer stuff? For me Gojira, Lamb of God, and Meshuggah are go-tos.
Gojira is probably the best "modern" metal band from a purely talent stand point. They put on an absolutely amazing show at The Cotillion recently. Their stuff runs from death metal to progressive metal. Just an amazing band. Love how they continually evolve their sound, but you know it is Gojira regardless of album/song when you hear it.

I've never been able to get into Lamb of God or Meshuggah. Both are talented bands, just something misses for me.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-18-2023, 02:49 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
Gojira is probably the best "modern" metal band from a purely talent stand point. They put on an absolutely amazing show at The Cotillion recently. Their stuff runs from death metal to progressive metal. Just an amazing band. Love how they continually evolve their sound, but you know it is Gojira regardless of album/song when you hear it.

I've never been able to get into Lamb of God or Meshuggah. Both are talented bands, just something misses for me.
I saw Gojira a few years ago at a Deftones show and had heard of them but never really listened before. The show was fine but I wasn't super into it until they closed the show with The Gift of Guilt. For whatever reason, that song resonates with me, both the music and the lyrics, so much that it almost gets me emotional.

WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-20-2023, 03:48 PM   #13
Stay down bitch!

You mentioned City Gardens, fun fact Jon Stewart used to bartend there back in the day when he was a struggling comedian. I actually read an interview where he talked about his time there.
PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.