Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-04-2020, 04:27 PM   #2
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRyan View Post
That will definitely, single handedly remedy the pass rush up the middle. Got it.
I thoroughly disagree with your "take".

The Chiefs just won the Super Bowl with a rotating offensive line from Left Tackle to Right Guard, yet so many of you people think the Chiefs need to spend high draft capital on a center or guard.

That's just dumb.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:38 PM   #3
In Search of a Life

Shoot, it says right there in the last sentence of the first quote in the OP that many sources around the NFL expect the Chiefs to draft a RB who is of starter quality.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:52 PM   #4
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post

The Chiefs just won the Super Bowl with a rotating offensive line from Left Tackle to Right Guard, yet so many of you people think the Chiefs need to spend high draft capital on a center or guard.

That's just dumb.
All intents and purposes I have no problems drafting an IOL, but drafting a feature RB is also very important to aid Mahomes' health through the regular season. Patrick's load management is also critical. NFL Live talked about that when Sean Payton was discussing how to keep Brees upright too.
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:55 PM   #5
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:

That's just dumb.
This is true. A big part of that is Mahomes ability to escape and create time. He’s usually adding at least 2 seconds to plays that he routinely does that. I get that people will bring up early season struggles, but Pat’s ankle injury was a bigger part of the problem.

I want a RB, just not at 32.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:57 PM   #6
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
This is true. A big part of that is Mahomes ability to escape and create time. He’s usually adding at least 2 seconds to plays that he routinely does that. I get that people will bring up early season struggles, but Pat’s ankle injury was a bigger part of the problem.

I want a RB, just not at 32.
I don't think I'd take Akers at 32 but if Taylor or Dobbins or Swift are sitting there, I think there has to be a major discussion about taking one of them.

I can't even imagine what Reid could do with Taylor's speed and ability.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 05:39 PM   #7
Veteran

Quote:

That's just dumb.
Shocking response, Dane immediately goes calling someone who disagrees with him dumb. I was eagerly awaiting your response explaining how a highly skilled WR or RB leads to better protection for Pat.

It's a pretty simple value proposition. The difference between a 1st or 3-4th round RB, compared to 1st or 3-4th round CB/LB. The drop off is so much steeper at nearly every other position than RB. LB/CB then RB/OL is so much more likely to make the team better than RB first and lesser talent at the other 3 spots in later rounds. Give me any of Akers, CEH, Moss, or few others over Swift/Taylor/Dobbins at 32.
DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-04-2020, 05:44 PM   #8
Supporter

Quote:
Shocking response, Dane immediately goes calling someone who disagrees with him dumb. I was eagerly awaiting your response explaining how a highly skilled WR or RB leads to better protection for Pat.
And clearly, you can't read because I did not call *you* dumb.

But it's fairly obvious that you're not too bright and thanks for clearing that part up.

Quote:
It's a pretty simple value proposition. The difference between a 1st or 3-4th round RB, compared to 1st or 3-4th round CB/LB. The drop off is so much steeper at nearly every other position than RB. LB/CB then RB/OL is so much more likely to make the team better than RB first and lesser talent at the other 3 spots in later rounds. Give me any of Akers, CEH, Moss, or few others over Swift/Taylor/Dobbins at 32.
And yet last offseason, Veach was able to round up a bunch of average CB's off the scrap heap that were good enough to help win a Super Bowl yet the offense stalled and had issues due to William's health, McCoy's fumblitis, along with "meh" players like Darrel Williams and Thompson.

The Chiefs may have an opportunity to draft a Game Changing RB or WR at #32 or if they trade back, within the Top 40ish.

The same won't be said for a CB or LB or IOL at that same draft slot.
Old 04-04-2020, 06:16 PM   #9
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:

That's just dumb.
The Chiefs also just won the Super Bowl with a well below average linebacker group, does that mean it's fine as is? I don't understand the idea that because it worked last year, the exact same formula will work again next year.

That rotating OL contributed to Mahomes getting injured and hobbled for a good chunk of the season and led to the offense being stymied for a while until we got healthy again. We can't have another Cam Erving being our backup LT again.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-04-2020, 06:29 PM   #10
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
The Chiefs also just won the Super Bowl with a well below average linebacker group, does that mean it's fine as is? I don't understand the idea that because it worked last year, the exact same formula will work again next year.
Again, it would be a foolish waste of critical resources to reach for players because you think there is a need.

Quote:
That rotating OL contributed to Mahomes getting injured and hobbled for a good chunk of the season and led to the offense being stymied for a while until we got healthy again.
Mahomes' worst injury occurred on a QB sneak and no lineman were at fault.

And if the Chiefs had a true #1 Feature RB, they most likely wouldn't have lost against the Colts, Texans or Titans during the regular season, despite Mahomes not being 100% for those games.

Quote:
We can't have another Cam Erving being our backup LT again.
Cam Erving was released and there are few teams, if any, that have capable backup left tackles.