Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:07 AM   #8326
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
thankfully we don't have many in north America under 50 with heart disease, diabetes, hypertension (high blood pressure) and lung disease or cancer .
That's not the point, dickhead.

The people who are dying from COVID are at-risk groups, not young, healthy individuals.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:09 AM   #8327
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
I am not saying this is the flu so don't go there. But do keep these numbers in mind:

So far this flu season we have had almost 150 pediatric deaths and 16,000 deaths in this country alone.

We are at 277 from Covid-19 in this country so far.

So as the media keeps printing headlines to stir up the most drama and hysteria, please keep this in mind.

Again, I am not saying this is the flu, just trying to provide some perspective of some "other things" going on besides coronavirus.
Pete, that is with tens of millions of people having contracted the flu. I would hope that tens of millions have already gotten COVID-19, but we don't have the information that would indicate that yet. What we do know is that hospital systems are already starting to show severe strain, and if this exponential growth in confirmed cases, deaths, and hospitalizations occur, that system will buckle. If it does it is going to be the biggest calamity of our lifetimes.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:10 AM   #8328
I love your mom

Quote:
I am not saying this is the flu so don't go there. But do keep these numbers in mind:

So far this flu season we have had almost 150 pediatric deaths and 16,000 deaths in this country alone.

We are at 277 from Covid-19 in this country so far.

So as the media keeps printing headlines to stir up the most drama and hysteria, please keep this in mind.

Again, I am not saying this is the flu, just trying to provide some perspective of some "other things" going on besides coronavirus.
when has calling people hysterical ever calmed things down , pro tip do not attempt with wife.
you can call it the flu as long as you call it the deadlier flu.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:10 AM   #8329
Draconian Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post

The people who are dying from COVID are at-risk groups, not young, healthy individuals.
This could easily be the year of ThaVirus....
burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:11 AM   #8330

Quote:

It's not just about deaths but hospitalizations and intensive treatment requirements. And those with comorbidities, even if younger, will still require treatment, which soaks up already withering and limited resources.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:11 AM   #8331
Supporter

States reporting 0 new cases so far today:

Washington
New Jersey
Illinois
Florida
Georgia
Massachusetts
Colorado
Connecticut
Nevada
South Carolina
Minnesssota
Oregon
Utah
Alabama
Mississippi
Maine
New Hampshire
Rhode Island
Oklahoma
Iowa
Vermont
New Mexico
South Dakota

Last edited by petegz28; 03-21-2020 at 09:16 AM..
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:14 AM   #8332
I'll be back.

So glad I went Thursday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Independence Costco this morning..

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:14 AM   #8333
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
Pete, that is with tens of millions of people having contracted the flu. I would hope that tens of millions have already gotten COVID-19, but we don't have the information that would indicate that yet. What we do know is that hospital systems are already starting to show severe strain, and if this exponential growth in confirmed cases, deaths, and hospitalizations occur, that system will buckle. If it does it is going to be the biggest calamity of our lifetimes.
I said I wasn't comparing it to the flu. Just focusing on some raw numbers.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:14 AM   #8334
I love your mom

Quote:

my point is a lot of people have underlying health issues even under 50. you can't tell somebody has high blood pressure by looking at them.(educated guess maybe) you would be surprised how many people in their late 30s and 40s on blood pressure meds.

https://www.heart.org/idc/groups/hea...ucm_319587.pdf

and this is just hypertension, not including the others I listed
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:18 AM   #8335
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
This is kind of my hope right now. I hope it’s been here longer than we think and it’s already kind of swept thru

Serology testing has begun in Korea and China so we’ll have some answers sooner than later
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:18 AM   #8336
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
So glad I went Thursday...
I got extremely lucky yesterday in Olathe. Walked right in and even got TP. Tons of people waiting to get in when I left though.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:19 AM   #8337
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
States reporting 0 new cases so far today:

Washington
New Jersey
Illinois
Florida
Georgia
Massachusetts
Colorado
Connecticut
Nevada
South Carolina
Minnesssota
Oregon
Utah
Alabama
Mississippi
Maine
New Hampshire
Rhode Island
Oklahoma
Iowa
Vermont
New Mexico
South Dakota
With no wide spread testing, thats an irrelevant point in time.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:20 AM   #8338

Quote:
I said I wasn't comparing it to the flu. Just focusing on some raw numbers.
Yeah, but you are focusing one one set of numbers with well-known inputs, and another with very poorly-known inputs, so the two don't really correlate.

I hope that the hospitalization rate for COVID-19 infection is far, far less than 20%. I hope it's less than 2%. But we don't yet know what it is. If it ends up being much higher than the flu, we're in serious trouble, especially as it looks like it might be much more infectious.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:21 AM   #8339
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
With no wide spread testing, that's an irrelevant point in time.
Why do you always choose to focus on the most negative aspects of this regardless of the numbers?

JFC
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:21 AM   #8340
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:

Yeah but the ones that are not dying are losing between 20 to 40% of their lung function.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote