Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-30-2024, 10:14 AM  
In Search of a Life

KC Sports Mount Rushmore?

Yeah it's the offseason and I'm bored, probably Q. I think this exercise is pretty easy if you exclude active players:
  • George Brett
  • Len Dawson
  • Derrick Thomas
  • Tom Watson

But when Mahomes becomes eligible, who does he push off? I guess once you get to the point where more people never saw them play than did, they're going to fall off. But rings last forever of course, so it's really hard to push Dawson off.

I guess it's Tom Watson then, but man he was a lot of fun if you're old enough to remember. And the guy was really active in KC, not like he's just from here and that's it. I'm still not over the 2009 British Open. Only the Royals, Chiefs and Tom Watson can make me hurt that bad.

And then does Kelce push someone off? This is hard.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2024, 12:05 PM   #31
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
I almost think it should be limited to one per sport, except for football since Chiefs football is indelible to the Chiefs community.

So I think Dawson or Thomas goes.

Painful, of course, but that's what Rushmores are about.
Would have to be Thomas that was knocked off as much as it pains me to say that. He was my favorite player growing up and still is in my Top 3-5. But Len made KC relevant in a time when the AFL was viewed as an inferior product. Plus he led this team to two SBs while winning one. Not blaming Thomas for not doing so, but his impact on KC and the Chiefs is less.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 04-30-2024, 12:06 PM   #32
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
I would build 3 KC Mount Rushmore's...one for Football, one for Baseball, then one.for all other sports.

Football

Len Dawson
Hank Stran
Andy Reid
Patrick Mahomes

Baseball

George Brett
Dick Howser
Salvador Perez
TBD

Other Sports

Tom Watson
Harley Race
No Kelce?
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 04-30-2024, 12:07 PM   #33
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
Golfer? It's not a sport
It sure isn't. It belongs in the same category as darts, billiards, and cornhole.
ThrobProng ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 12:12 PM   #34
I'll be back.

Tom Watson
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2024, 12:17 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
Would have to be Thomas that was knocked off as much as it pains me to say that. He was my favorite player growing up and still is in my Top 3-5. But Len made KC relevant in a time when the AFL was viewed as an inferior product. Plus he led this team to two SBs while winning one. Not blaming Thomas for not doing so, but his impact on KC and the Chiefs is less.
Well, he fathered more children than Robert Baratheon.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 12:24 PM   #36
Starter

DT easily falls off the list the day Mahomes retires.
I think Salvy is the only other possible contender in the upcoming future. Let's assume he remains a Royal for his career, plays 6 more years relatively healthy & productive, and somehow gets a 2nd World Series (all these are a BIG hypothetical). If he somehow does that, I imagine he will own much of the Royals record book. Would those additional accomplishments put him on the KC Rushmore, and if so, taking off Dawson at that point?
myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-30-2024, 12:25 PM   #37
MVP

I want to be on the Mount Rushmore of folks that think that talking about sports Mount Rushmores is the stupidest lamest waste of time time filling sports talk bullshit anywhere ever.
jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 12:30 PM   #38
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettio View Post
I want to be on the Mount Rushmore of folks that think that talking about sports Mount Rushmores is the stupidest lamest waste of time time filling sports talk bullshit anywhere ever.

Ok, then let's talk about Rashee Rice's inevitable 10 years in prison, quote Texas law, and virtue signal about what great people we are and how terrible of a person Rashee is.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 12:30 PM   #39
Supporter

What about Lamar and Ewing???
Not sure if those count for this discussion, but if so, they would be ahead of all others.
alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2024, 12:31 PM   #40
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettio View Post
Done. You, Billay, Deberg and Mahomo.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 12:32 PM   #41
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_omega View Post
What about Lamar and Ewing???
Not sure if those count for this discussion, but if so, they would be ahead of all others.
Owners already have enough perks. They don't count. Neither do coaches. That's the rules I just made up. The good news is Scott Olberding is still eligible.
Old 04-30-2024, 12:49 PM   #42
pew pew madafakas

There is no Mount Rushmore of any athletes without Bo Jackson.
Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2024, 12:56 PM   #43
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post

Boy, KC sure has had it's share of "flash in the pan" superstars

Bo, Priest, Okoye
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 01:05 PM   #44
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
One of the most overrated athletes in Kansas City history
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2024, 01:06 PM   #45
My work speaks for itself!!!

We should have an overhyped KC Rushmore.

Ryan sims, Todd black ledge, angel berroa, bob hamelin.

Honorary member: Phil ford.
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.