Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-25-2023, 12:24 PM   #2
Here We Go Again

Listening to Timewave Zero lead me to this one.

lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-25-2023, 01:47 PM   #3
'Tis my eye!

I don't know how much you guys like hardcore/metalcore music. Most of it is pretty formulaic and blah but there's a few gems out there and plus, my youngest daughter loves it so it gives us something to bond over.

We're going to see Ice Nine Kills together this summer. Will be the 2nd time we've seen them live.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2023, 02:19 PM   #4
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I don't know how much you guys like hardcore/metalcore music. Most of it is pretty formulaic and blah but there's a few gems out there and plus, my youngest daughter loves it so it gives us something to bond over.

We're going to see Ice Nine Kills together this summer. Will be the 2nd time we've seen them live.
That's great that you're able to bond with your daughter over something she's into.

I'd say what I consider styles that fall under the hardcore genre is what I primarily listen to.

I admittedly have a soft spot for the formulaic, super cheesy toxic masculine stuff that has a little "street" and metal mixed in.

What I believe the kids are calling Beatdown these days.

I don't even pretend its of good quality, but thats kind of its point, and its a non-guilty pleasure of mine whenever I'm in the mood.

I'd even say that metal has found its way into hardcore without getting the metalcore label the way I think of the first wave of metalcore bands. It just seems like much more of a hybrid of aggressive styles.

I won't post a bunch of vids because I don't consider it metal but newer-ish bands in this genre that I like are:

Piss Ant
Tsunami
Omen (OKC)
10 Sluggz
Sector (Chicago)
Kruelty (Japan)
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 07:05 PM   #5
In Mahomes I trust!

Airbourne live @ Wacken 2011

Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-25-2023, 07:08 PM   #6
In Mahomes I trust!

ACCEPT - Staying a Life

Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-25-2023, 07:14 PM   #7
In Mahomes I trust!

DORO - Ronnie James Dio tribute - Egypt (The Chains Are On)

Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 10:02 AM   #8
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
DORO - Ronnie James Dio tribute - Egypt (The Chains Are On)

If you haven't heard "Ronnie James Dio: This is Your Life" you should definitely check it out. Doro isn't the only high quality cover and that album.

Last edited by htismaqe; 04-27-2023 at 09:18 AM..
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2023, 07:19 PM   #9
In Mahomes I trust!

RAVEN - Take Control

Old 04-25-2023, 07:23 PM   #10
In Mahomes I trust!

Primal Fear - Vote of No Confidence (2021)

Old 04-25-2023, 07:28 PM   #11
In Mahomes I trust!

Rough Cutt - Black Widow

Old 04-25-2023, 07:31 PM   #12
In Mahomes I trust!

If repeat - SUCK IT!

Anthrax - In The End

Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 03:39 PM   #13
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
If repeat - SUCK IT!

Anthrax - In The End

Holy shit...I'm embarrassed. I'm so out of the loop, I didn't even realize that Joey was back with Anthrax...

Great vocal on this. So much more in control and melodic than the out of control screeching that he used to do...not that I didn't love that shit, but this is fantastic.

Gotta get back in the swing. Loved this. Thanks for posting.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2023, 09:26 AM   #14
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
Holy shit...I'm embarrassed. I'm so out of the loop, I didn't even realize that Joey was back with Anthrax...

Great vocal on this. So much more in control and melodic than the out of control screeching that he used to do...not that I didn't love that shit, but this is fantastic.

Gotta get back in the swing. Loved this. Thanks for posting.
Joey was with the band when they recorded "Neon Nights" for the Dio all star tribute album. He actually did a really good job.
Old 05-03-2023, 05:57 PM   #15
Cheat Death

No one:

Me:

Anthrax had the best intros in the game

State of Euphoria is a clinic on thrash build up intros

I attribute it to regional style + Scott Ian who also played with S.O.D. who laid down the most iconic intro of all time on Speak English or Die

If you ever watched old school Headbangers Ball on MTV, that was Scott with S.O.D.

If you want a new iteration of Anthrax, the shit that kids who grew up listening to their dad blasting Anthrax are laying down right now then its Mindforce

Its what I mentioned up thread about how metal has crept into hardcore without the metalcore label

This is todays hardcore

The influence is regional, like BBQ, rap, anything

Same area of NY as Anthrax, just a younger evolution

Still slaps

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.