Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-20-2022, 11:07 AM  
Politically Incorrect

Investment thread spinoff: How much damage to your investments and savings?

As I check my 401K, my trading account, my savings and my Amazon stock, I'm down a good $30-$35,000.

This has been painful on a lot of levels.

Investments, costs of gas, food, rents, lost gains.

On a scale of 1-10, what pain level are you experiencing right now?

I was about a 5 and I think I'm closing in on 6-7.

How about you?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2022, 08:45 PM   #31
Starter

Down more than 25%. Soon wlll be a half million. And I don’t think it’s done yet.
BuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 05-21-2022, 09:05 PM   #32
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
I'd be curious to know which one stock is everybodys largest holding.
I've had a core of AAPL, HD, XOM, MO, JNJ for a long time.

AAPL and HD are neck and neck since AAPL's recent drop.

My biggest regret to date is my TSLA ****up. I documented their growth weekly on my Facebook feed since 2009, recommended to my cousin to buy all he could at $38 and I didn't buy a single share like a complete moron.
One of my best friend's since I was 7 bought a lot and owns 1150 shares and cost is a little less than $60
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2022, 10:09 PM   #33
The pizza king of kansas

Ugh i lost 128 dollars in my cryptos.
big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-22-2022, 12:18 AM   #34
Starter

I'm down around 18% this year. I've still got 7 years to go until I "retire" and look for something else to occupy my time. I'm more worried about the short term than I am about my retirement account.
emaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 05-22-2022, 07:23 AM   #35
Born to Ride

I am in a very similar boat to Hog, I have a pretty large investment in Real Estate. Even if housing prices tumble most of my properties were purchased during the previous housing crash.

I had sold off all of my holdings in my brokerage account late last year to take a different approach to investing. I started buying Dividend stocks on large dips in an effort to maximize income. Currently I only have about 40% of my cash reinvested. So I have not been hurt by the market tumble. For me this is a great buying opportunity.
2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 08:32 AM   #36
Molôn Labé

401k down 100k
R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-22-2022, 09:03 AM   #37
Politically Incorrect

Ironically my 401k at Amazon is UP for 2 of my 3 selections.

The one loser: Amazon stock!
Old 05-22-2022, 09:28 AM   #38
Veteran

May 2021 till today up 5%... Not because I'm some genius, more sheer luck and making a couple very good decisions 3 years ago on a major part of my portfolio

That said, I wish there were a way to lock in what I have and not get killed on Cap gains but there is not.

I also make very few decisions and have a great portfolio manage I listen to and trust who has made a lot of it possible
F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-22-2022, 09:46 AM   #39
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8RFAN View Post
401k down 100k
Shit, that's a big blow when all you have saved for retirement is 200k.

Thoughts and prayers!
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 10:05 AM   #40
Indian Twitter

I don't really want to look. All I needed was four more years of Trump and I got this shit instead. I'm more than a little worried. I do own two houses outright, so I have over $700,000.00 in home equity but that may getting ready to shit the bed like everything else.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 05-22-2022, 10:56 AM   #41
Veteran

Down $433k. Still DCA every week. Haven’t sold a thing.
Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 12:10 PM   #42
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
May 2021 till today up 5%... Not because I'm some genius, more sheer luck and making a couple very good decisions 3 years ago on a major part of my portfolio

That said, I wish there were a way to lock in what I have and not get killed on Cap gains but there is not.

I also make very few decisions and have a great portfolio manage I listen to and trust who has made a lot of it possible
What the heck are you in? Pretty much every investment vehicle is down. Gimme some hope.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-22-2022, 02:25 PM
Over Yonder
This message has been deleted by Over Yonder.
Old 05-22-2022, 02:32 PM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
roughly 35 - 40% on what i'm still currently invested in. but i sold off the majority of my portfolio a while back and converted it into cash. been patiently waiting for when i feel a bottom has been found.
Once upon a time, I was 100% cash. Then, last year I thought I would be cute and put 20k in a mutual fund. That bad boy is worth $15,400 today. So I lost approx. 25% PLUS about a years worth of time (that I can't get back)

Damn glad I didn't gamble with more of my retirement. I debated it for sure. Still have a nice pile in cash. Lesson learned I guess.
Over Yonder is obviously part of the inner Circle.Over Yonder is obviously part of the inner Circle.Over Yonder is obviously part of the inner Circle.Over Yonder is obviously part of the inner Circle.Over Yonder is obviously part of the inner Circle.Over Yonder is obviously part of the inner Circle.Over Yonder is obviously part of the inner Circle.Over Yonder is obviously part of the inner Circle.Over Yonder is obviously part of the inner Circle.Over Yonder is obviously part of the inner Circle.Over Yonder is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-22-2022, 02:54 PM   #44
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
What the heck are you in? Pretty much every investment vehicle is down. Gimme some hope.
I'm guessing he's in a Ford F150. But it's pure speculation.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-22-2022, 02:56 PM   #45
Veteran

I am down approximately 16% or about 800k when considering stock options, retirement, and investments. However, with the price of my house increasing almost $250k over the past two years, the losses are somewhat less. I am also sitting on a substantial pile of cash and I plan to invest in equities once signs a bottom has been reached. Hopefully gains on those investments can help more quickly offset the losses.
Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote