Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2024, 03:34 PM  
GDT Contributor

Veach did it again

I griped about trading up and whether it made sense, but I’m posting this as an apology to CP. Veach did it again and I was wrong to question him. Crucify me as you will, I deserve it. I love this team. I vow to turn over a new leaf!
493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-28-2024, 12:36 AM   #61
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
This was a defining draft for Veach IMO. It's an absolute homerun.

Every single player went later than I would have thought possible and he stuck to his guns and they fell perfectly. DT would have been nice but I can't even complain about it.
I agree, this is his best draft ever.

I wanted a WR, and I liked BTJ, but trading that far up was always unlikely, so I was hoping for Mitchell, Worthy, Coleman, etc.

Then, after we signed Hollywood, I switched to LT, and I said I would draft Kingsley Suamataia at 32.

And earlier this year, I suggested that Wiley looked like a guy that had a lot of same traits as Kelce, and I chose him over Theo Johnson, Stover, and the Texas TE.

I know this is stupid, but I still do kinda have a problem with Veach drafting, and that's the fact that he will throw numbers at every position of need except receiver.

IDGAF if Reid doesn't play rookie receivers. Veach has to ignore that, and build a team of weapons for Mahomes. And honestly, even though he has won 3 rings with the Chiefs, Reid needs to get over being biased against rookie receivers, especially if we are sending our guys away as soon as they deserve the bag.

And it would keep us from paying JAGs like MVS $11 million dollars a year.

Also, hamstringing your star QB should never be the strategy, and that's what they did to Mahomes last year. Yeah, the WR room is much better this year, but drafting multiple receivers is the only way to get out of the draft one and hope & then sign FA cycle.

But, right now, this draft has been amazing.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-28-2024, 01:08 AM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Ok, I have to add this here for YOUR opinions. !

The Bills gifted the Chiefs another AFC title with their first-round trade
Scheduled to pick at No. 28 on Thursday night and in need of wide receiver help following the Stefon Diggs trade and the loss of Gabe Davis in free agency, Buffalo traded back to No. 32 in a deal with postseason nemesis Kansas City. The Chiefs used the pick to draft speedy Texas wide receiver Xavier Worthy, leading to a nearly unanimous outpouring of the same reaction. WHOA! Mahomes throwing to this guy and Marquise Brown! Unstoppable! What were the Bills thinking???

Verdict: OVERREACTION

The notion that the Chiefs pulled some kind of Jedi mind trick on the Bills to trade up and draft the receiver the Bills actually wanted defies logic. Front offices spend months assessing other teams' needs and which positions they can be expected to target in the draft. There's no way the Bills sent this pick to the Chiefs thinking, "Jeez, I hope they don't pick Worthy!"

Buffalo and Kansas City are in two different places as franchises. The Chiefs have a deep roster that has won the past two Super Bowls and can trade up for players they view as finishing touches. The Bills have seen a ton of talent walk out the door this offseason and need more picks. They added a third-rounder -- they didn't have one at the time -- in this deal. Then they traded back again, from No. 32 to No. 33, and finally drafted a receiver in Florida State's Keon Coleman with the first pick of the second round.

It's true Buffalo hasn't been able to get past Kansas City in the playoffs. But it doesn't mean the Chiefs' front office knows what it's doing and the Bills' front office doesn't. And by the way, do the decisions the Chiefs have made at wide receiver the past few years mean we should assume Worthy will work out -- or that he will definitely be better than Coleman?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2024/i...ys-picks-teams

Bills fans are already convincing themselves that Keon Coleman is TO.
Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Basileus777 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 01:45 AM   #63
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
Man, his potential is crazy, and he is 20 years old.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-28-2024, 01:50 AM   #64
YOU take YOUR seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
I agree, this is his best draft ever.

I wanted a WR, and I liked BTJ, but trading that far up was always unlikely, so I was hoping for Mitchell, Worthy, Coleman, etc.

Then, after we signed Hollywood, I switched to LT, and I said I would draft Kingsley Suamataia at 32.

And earlier this year, I suggested that Wiley looked like a guy that had a lot of same traits as Kelce, and I chose him over Theo Johnson, Stover, and the Texas TE.

I know this is stupid, but I still do kinda have a problem with Veach drafting, and that's the fact that he will throw numbers at every position of need except receiver.

IDGAF if Reid doesn't play rookie receivers. Veach has to ignore that, and build a team of weapons for Mahomes. And honestly, even though he has won 3 rings with the Chiefs, Reid needs to get over being biased against rookie receivers, especially if we are sending our guys away as soon as they deserve the bag.

And it would keep us from paying JAGs like MVS $11 million dollars a year.

Also, hamstringing your star QB should never be the strategy, and that's what they did to Mahomes last year. Yeah, the WR room is much better this year, but drafting multiple receivers is the only way to get out of the draft one and hope & then sign FA cycle.

But, right now, this draft has been amazing.
Rice just had the best rookie season for a Chief right? I think it just comes down to if they can actually play or not and not so much as Reid won't trust them. He might not be drawing up the plays for them like he does Kelce and others I guess but if a rookie WR can actually play, like Rashee Rice last season, then they'll get theirs.
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2024, 01:56 AM   #65
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Can't say I blame them
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2024, 03:42 AM   #66
MVP

Quote:
He looks pretty damn good from what I’ve seen.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-28-2024, 07:57 AM   #67
Starter

I think Veach did a great job in the draft.

But I don’t think we should be making fun of buffalo. They got the receiver they wanted. We got the receiver we wanted . both have excellent quarterbacks throwing to them. Time will tell who was right.

And Buffalo moved up a bit elsewhere in the draft later on. But we did not pay too much and almost all of the analyst agree with that.

So let’s call that trade a win win.

This draft also dispel the myth that nobody will trade with the Chiefs. GMs are all about improving their team. I think almost always they will make trades with whoever they think will help them do that. In this draft that was pretty obvious. So QED.
gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
Old 04-28-2024, 08:04 AM   #68
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd View Post

But I don’t think we should be making fun of buffalo. They got the receiver they wanted. We got the receiver we wanted . both have excellent quarterbacks throwing to them. Time will tell who was right.

And Buffalo moved up a bit elsewhere in the draft later on. But we did not pay too much and almost all of the analyst agree with that.

This draft also dispel the myth that nobody will trade with the Chiefs. GMs are all about improving their team. I think almost always they will make trades with whoever they think will help them do that. In this draft that was pretty obvious. So QED.
**** Buffalo. The end.
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 08:14 AM   #69
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Did Bert Veetch truly wear a Terez Paylor sweatshirt in the draft room?
Sure did. Most of the other teams were in suits except for the Chiefs that are in jeans and sweatshirts.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2024, 08:17 AM   #70
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd View Post

When Worthy goes for 8-137 and a Tuddy in a 31-17 win over Buffalo in the Divisional this year we will laugh... This is a win, you just don't realize it yet.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2024, 09:26 AM   #71
Andy Reid Supporter

It’s crazy to look back at Veach’s 2018 draft compared to now. He’s improved so much. He’s really soaked into this and understands the draft significantly better.

We didn’t trade any of our 2025 draft capital and I think all of us thought they would. They had a good draft and still kept their picks.

God I love Veach
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2024, 09:36 AM   #72
In Search of a Life

Just shows that writers are ****ing morons. It's not that Veach did some hidden pick because if anything, the fact that the Bills likely knew who they were picking makes it even worse.

It's the fact they got a sack of dicks in return for doing so. I mean look at the 49ers one round later. They did it right.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-28-2024, 10:04 AM   #73
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
He looks pretty damn good from what I’ve seen.
If Coleman can figure out how to get more than 1 inch of separation, he will be a monster. But as of right now, I don't see it. Every single play he's got a college level DB on him tighter than stripper's grip on money. It'll be even worse in the NFL
kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-28-2024, 10:15 AM   #74
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Sure did. Most of the other teams were in suits except for the Chiefs that are in jeans and sweatshirts.
Saw that the whole FO and top coaches wore them in the draft right after Terez died.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2024, 10:18 AM   #75
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
It’s crazy to look back at Veach’s 2018 draft compared to now. He’s improved so much. He’s really soaked into this and understands the draft significantly better.

We didn’t trade any of our 2025 draft capital and I think all of us thought they would. They had a good draft and still kept their picks.

God I love Veach
That's the crazy thing.

To come away with Worthy and Kingsley, both after trade ups, while still having all of our picks next year plus Tennessee's 3rd?

Just a masterclass.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote