Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2023, 08:45 PM  
MVP

2024 WR Class

Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-24-2024 at 01:08 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 11-27-2023, 12:01 PM   #226
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
The whole “isn’t #1 on his team” thing is not a good factor to review when the other guys are good, too.

You could have made that complaint about Garret Wilson and Chris Olave. Or Justin Jefferson. Jameson Williams was the #3 guy behind those two at Ohio State.

Being #2 option behind a guy who clearly is getting drafted in the top 5 picks or top 10 picks.

So I don’t like it’s a knock on Egbuka at all that he isn’t the top target at Ohio State

To me, if you can get him at a discount because he’s playing with Harrison and has a bad QB, that’s a win.
Ok, that's fair, but how about the guys like Keon Coleman who's production really isn't that great. I think PFF has him as the #3 WR and Draftbuzz has him #9, currently. Is his QB play really so poor, and his route running and athletic profile so noticeable that he warrants such a lofty ranking with under 600 yards?
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 11-27-2023, 12:02 PM   #227
MVP

Draftbuzz upgrade Legette to #3 WR in their class btw... just stirring the pot for the discussion here.
Old 11-27-2023, 12:05 PM   #228
MVP

Malik Nabers currently has 1,546 yards and 14 TDS on 18 yrd avg... holy shit!

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 11-27-2023 at 01:11 PM..
Old 11-27-2023, 03:21 PM   #229
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Draftbuzz upgrade Legette to #3 WR in their class btw... just stirring the pot for the discussion here.
Legette and Malachi Corley are both really intriguing to me. Legette, with only one year of production, is a burner and an absolute bully with the ball in his hands. His size/speed combo is really impressive. Corley is a former RB and it shows when he's in the open field. He's tough to bring down and a problem for tacklers.

I'm not sure either one can claim a good route tree or, despite their athletic profiles, create consistent separation, but they are RAC monsters.
iSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 03:22 PM   #230
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Ok, that's fair, but how about the guys like Keon Coleman who's production really isn't that great. I think PFF has him as the #3 WR and Draftbuzz has him #9, currently. Is his QB play really so poor, and his route running and athletic profile so noticeable that he warrants such a lofty ranking with under 600 yards?
Production in college is about a lot of things.

- Quality of your teammates
- Quality of your QB
- Style of offense
- What the D tries to take away

Coleman has accounted for 23 percent of his offenses' passing offense. Malik Nabors, for example, has accounted for 30 percent of his.

So what gives? Here's one thing, if we stick with that comparison.

Well, Florida State's QB isn't the running threat that Jayden Daniels is, so teams when I've watched FSU typically have a safety over the top of Coleman or even are playing in a two-deep shell.

LSU gets its guys in 1x1 a lot more simply because of the numbers game and defenses trying to account for Daniels' legs.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-27-2023, 03:32 PM   #231
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Production in college is about a lot of things.

- Quality of your teammates
- Quality of your QB
- Style of offense
- What the D tries to take away

Coleman has accounted for 23 percent of his offenses' passing offense. Malik Nabors, for example, has accounted for 30 percent of his.

So what gives? Here's one thing, if we stick with that comparison.

Well, Florida State's QB isn't the running threat that Jayden Daniels is, so teams when I've watched FSU typically have a safety over the top of Coleman or even are playing in a two-deep shell.

LSU gets its guys in 1x1 a lot more simply because of the numbers game and defenses trying to account for Daniels' legs.
Appreciate the input! I simply watch zero college football so my impressions come from stats, draft profiles/rankings, and highlight reels which leaves much to be desired.
Old 11-28-2023, 09:59 AM   #232
In Search of a Life

Troy Franklin would compliment Rice so well!

Like rice & beans!
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2023, 10:43 AM   #233
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Troy Franklin would compliment Rice so well!

Like rice & beans!
Yep. I have a hard time looking at other prospects with the same level of excitement. Rice and Franklin look alot to me like AJ Brown and Devonta Smith in Philly. Add in a nice slot option like Mooney and you have a pretty good looking set of receivers.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 10:47 AM   #234
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Yep. I have a hard time looking at other prospects with the same level of excitement. Rice and Franklin look alot to me like AJ Brown and Devonta Smith in Philly. Add in a nice slot option like Mooney and you have a pretty good looking set of receivers.
Franklin seems like an easy plug-and-play replacement for all the deep overs, posts, and crossers KC likes to run.

And I like Mooney a BUNCH as a complementary Z type.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2023, 10:52 AM   #235
In Search of a Life

Someone sell me on Mooney. Doesn't move my needle.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2023, 10:53 AM   #236
In Search of a Life

Now Hollywood Brown.....I can dig that.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2023, 10:57 AM   #237
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Someone sell me on Mooney. Doesn't move my needle.
I mean, in his first two seasons, which were with Nagy, he had 61-631-4 and 81-1055-4. He's 5'10" 180 and runs a 4.38. So basically, a much better version of Hardman.

Since Nagy left, the Bears haven't used him worth a shit.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-28-2023, 10:59 AM   #238
In Search of a Life

Ok, I'm sold.

I dunno about paying him 16 plus mil ayear though.
Old 11-28-2023, 11:10 AM   #239
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Ok, I'm sold.

I dunno about paying him 16 plus mil ayear though.
Where did that number come from? 3/30-ish is probably the ceiling, I'm thinking. An MVS-like deal that maybe isn't quite so backloaded.
Old 11-28-2023, 11:32 AM   #240
In Search of a Life

I figured he'd get something close to 15 just due to inflation at the WR spot.