Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:09 PM   #271
Always ask 'Why?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
My newest addition, Springfield Armory XD .45 Mod 2... cant wait to take it to the river this weekend

NEXT handgun purchase!

Please share your feedback.
Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2016, 05:03 PM   #272
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivers View Post
NEXT handgun purchase!

Please share your feedback.
On sale for $539, its slim and light... hope it shoots as good as it looks and feels

And I hate to take this to DC, but was disappointed see that its made in Croatia... a gun maker in my home state making their product overseas, smh
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:20 PM   #273
Supporter

I love my XDS .45. Mod 2 can only be better.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:52 PM   #274
In my youth i pray to keep

Has the panic buy started yet?

I need some more .223
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:57 PM   #275
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
Has the panic buy started yet?

I need some more .223
Not that I have seen.

Everything is stocked, and if things run low the manufacturers have a lot larger capacity to produce thanks to the Sandy Hook scare.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:06 PM   #276
Always ask 'Why?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Not that I have seen.

Everything is stocked, and if things run low the manufacturers have a lot larger capacity to produce thanks to the Sandy Hook scare.
Hey, for the CP reloaders....

How much components do you keep in storage or reserve?

I have ~2K 7.62 bullets; 10lbs of power, ~1.8K primers, and 1K in cases.

in past shortages, what became scarce?
Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:14 PM   #277
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivers View Post
Hey, for the CP reloaders....

How much components do you keep in storage or reserve?

I have ~2K 7.62 bullets; 10lbs of power, ~1.8K primers, and 1K in cases.

in past shortages, what became scarce?
A lot.

Past shortages, powder like Varget and Benchmark were hard to find. Primers were damn near impossible to find, and if you did they were marked up.

Bullets were still out there, but the selection sucked.

As far as gun parts, everything was gone, but when things settled the parts that were hardest to come by were BCGs (bolt and carrier groups) and stripped lowers.

Manufacturers upgraded their capacity when they found out how great the demand was/is.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:05 PM   #278
Veteran

Decent deal or not? $599 for a S&W M&P Sport II with 30 rd mag? http://www.cabelas.com/product/shoot...es/2231083.uts
stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:12 PM   #279
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munson View Post
For the past several months I've been concentrating on buying "old" guns, such as Mausers, Mosin Nagants, SKS's, and Enfields.

But with recent events, I might have to add some more AR-15's. Or maybe just some lower receivers.
Where are you finding the best guns/prices on the classics?
stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.stlchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:13 PM   #280
Roy E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlchiefs View Post
Decent deal or not? $599 for a S&W M&P Sport II with 30 rd mag? http://www.cabelas.com/product/shoot...es/2231083.uts
Good deal. But you could also buy from here for the same price, without paying tax, and free shipping to your FFL.
Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:14 PM   #281
Veteran

Quote:
Do it now. Purchasing through a trust is just about to be ended in 30 days.

If you get the paperwork started before the deadline you are GTG.

https://silencerco.com/

I had a baffle strike on a 7.62 Specwar about a month ago. It was probably my fault, but they took it back, and repaired it under their lifetime warranty. They had it back to me in less than 3 weeks.

No questions asked. Great company.

I purchased a Harvester for my .338 LM from Specwar, too, along with transferring a couple lowers to SBR.
Any additional info you can provide on the trust, getting this setup, etc. This is all very new to me, but sounds like something worth checking out before it gets harder.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:18 PM   #282
Roy E.

Quote:
Where are you finding the best guns/prices on the classics?
For the best selection and quality....

Simpson LTD

Empire Arms

For the best local deals...

ARMSLIST

Midwest Gun Trader
Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:41 PM   #283
Supporter

Quote:
Any additional info you can provide on the trust, getting this setup, etc. This is all very new to me, but sounds like something worth checking out before it gets harder.
I did my trust through nfalawyers.com. They were referred to me at snipershide.com

Cheap, simple, and it worked for every Class III item I have purchased.

For those that are reading, a trust allows you to "transfer" items to family instead of having to turn it in to law enforcement if you die. The people on the trust are also legally allowed to use the items. You can also avoid having to be finger printed (which is ****ing stupid because you get a rectal exam-type background check before getting your tax stamp).
Old 06-16-2016, 08:32 AM   #284
Always ask 'Why?"

Quote:
I did my trust through nfalawyers.com. They were referred to me at snipershide.com

Cheap, simple, and it worked for every Class III item I have purchased.

For those that are reading, a trust allows you to "transfer" items to family instead of having to turn it in to law enforcement if you die. The people on the trust are also legally allowed to use the items. You can also avoid having to be finger printed (which is ****ing stupid because you get a rectal exam-type background check before getting your tax stamp).
A BIG REP for you.

I called and the paralegal answered all my Form 41 questions for 14 minutes. New revisions after the July 13 date. Will be ordering from them.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:37 AM   #285
Always ask 'Why?"

Cabales currently having a 10% on powder and 15% off on primers in stock sale.

Picked up 3K of CCI 450; and 3lbs of 1680 (that I had stashed in a secret location waiting for such a sale).

Now if I can find a great deal on 5K of 300 BlK cases..