Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 12:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums

We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

Last edited by Bearcat; 10-07-2020 at 06:25 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 10-09-2020, 06:42 AM   #721
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I gave the mods a detailed plan for me and Myslod to be mods in DC. No one can be banned, disciplined etc. without the others approval. Equal treatment. Both Left and Right have to agree or no discipline is handed out. The endgame was to decrease the name calling and vitriol in DC and focus on the issues.

Never heard a word from the mods or AustinChief. Followed up several times. Not even a response. Thats a bad idea. Nothing. It was a missed chance that could have possibly changed the path that led to the extreme rancor and personal insults that are a fact of life in DC these days.
No offense but I'm not surprised. Generally, volunteering to be a mod doesn't work. I'd focus on your plan first, get them to buy in, and then suggest candidates for moderator.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 10-09-2020, 06:46 AM   #722
MVP

Not down with censorship but the manner of discourse has to change.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 10-09-2020, 06:47 AM   #723
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Then there's this guy in the DC...

GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1    
Old 10-09-2020, 07:02 AM   #724
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
I come in peace but I honestly haven't noticed any politic stuff in all the games I've watched and I've watched nearly all available to me. Maybe I'm not paying close enough attention or I've got a higher tolerance but It's been perfectly fine IMO. Its the political ads at commercial that are the worst.
NFL has ran a commercial sponsored by the NFL about cops killing black men. Saw it multiple times last night.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 10-09-2020, 07:05 AM   #725
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
NFL has ran a commercial sponsored by the NFL about cops killing black men. Saw it multiple times last night.
Because of the weird schedule, I haven't watched any Sunday football for a while. It's all been streaming ESPN or NFLN. And on those streams, a lot of the commercials are replaced by a splash screen.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 10-09-2020, 07:06 AM   #726
Supporter

Has anyone mentioned [recently?] that calling this a sports forum is a bit off mark, as we fancy [fancied? who the **** knows anymore. . . ] ourselves more as a watering hole with a sports theme. Talk about what you find interesting. Ignore what you don't.

Last edited by Baby Lee; 10-09-2020 at 08:07 AM..
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 10-09-2020, 07:10 AM   #727
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Has anyone mentioned [recntly?] that calling this a sports forum is a bit off mark, as we fancy [fancied? who the **** knows anymore. . . ] ourselves more as a watering hole with a sports theme. Talk about what you find interesting. Ignore what you don't.
patteu has, but more in a "pining for the good old days" sort of way.

Old 10-09-2020, 07:12 AM   #728
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
I gave the mods a detailed plan for me and Myslod to be mods in DC. No one can be banned, disciplined etc. without the others approval. Equal treatment. Both Left and Right have to agree or no discipline is handed out. The endgame was to decrease the name calling and vitriol in DC and focus on the issues.

Never heard a word from the mods or AustinChief. Followed up several times. Not even a response. Thats a bad idea. Nothing. It was a missed chance that could have possibly changed the path that led to the extreme rancor and personal insults that are a fact of life in DC these days.
You're just desperate to be in charge of something around here, aren't you?
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 25 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 10-09-2020, 07:27 AM   #729
best in the biz

Quote:
It was a missed chance that could have possibly changed the path that led to the extreme rancor and personal insults that are a fact of life in DC these days.
Dougie, please stop pretending that personal insults are only relegated to the DC forum.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 13 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 10-09-2020, 07:28 AM   #730
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
patteu has, but more in a "pining for the good old days" sort of way.
Stands to reason, one of the smartest guys here.

[mostly because of how often he agrees with me]

[[really, it's uncanny how many times (over many years, of course) I read a thread mentally formulating my counter-arguments, and at the end of the thread, ol' patty has my arguments already outlined in his own response.]]
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 10-09-2020, 07:54 AM   #731
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Stands to reason, one of the smartest guys here.

[mostly because of how often he agrees with me]

[[really, it's uncanny how many times (over many years, of course) I read a thread mentally formulating my counter-arguments, and at the end of the thread, ol' patty has my arguments already outlined in his own response.]]
And one of the most vocal about not needing a DC forum to this day, 16 years later.

It is what it is at this point. There's no way it could be undone now. So it's kind of moot.

Old 10-09-2020, 07:56 AM   #732
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

After sleeping on it, I would probably be more inclined to focus on the people who come into the Lounge and carp all over the place with DC stuff, than DC itself for now. Once again without digging deep into it, I would say that probably only involves 20 people, or less, likely closer to 10.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 10-09-2020, 08:09 AM   #733
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
After sleeping on it, I would probably be more inclined to focus on the people who come into the Lounge and carp all over the place with DC stuff, than DC itself for now. Once again without digging deep into it, I would say that probably only involves 20 people, or less, likely closer to 10.
It's not that hard to do....

...like not having the police involved in your life.

stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1    
Old 10-09-2020, 08:10 AM   #734
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
And one of the most vocal about not needing a DC forum to this day, 16 years later.

It is what it is at this point. There's no way it could be undone now. So it's kind of moot.
Don't think I don't agree, I've just given up . . .

And actually, the string of the ghetto was salved a bit when we got a BUNCH of subforums, instead of just the one. DC is 'niche' not pariah.

Actually, the problem is different in nature, not extent, now.

Back then it was spamming, with jAZ and Clearvision and BushLiedPeopleDied popping up with an entire front page of threads every day. Content got pushed down the list out of sheer volume.

Old 10-09-2020, 08:12 AM   #735
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Mods should be more focused on the thread with fake news/baseless speculation that Mahomes is seriously injured.

Shut that shit down.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Closed Thread