Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-27-2021, 01:58 PM  
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity

Josh Gordon to Chiefs

DaKCMan AP has disabled reputation
Old 10-04-2021, 06:24 AM   #931
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Yeah, unless you're facing a lot of teams running the triple option, a 5-2 alignment is not the answer.

The issue is the Chiefs need to get more speed and coverage ability on the field on D.

There are a few low-hanging-fruit moves that would accomplish this - namely, playing Thornhill instead of Sorenson and Willie Gay instead of Niemann (and instead of Bolton against 11 personnel).
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 06:43 AM   #932
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGRS13 View Post
And it has nothing to do with the offensive side of the ball. This is the worst defense in the NFL. It’s vermeil Era suck. They are a joke. If you are past the 50 and less then 3rd and 6, absolutely no reason to punt.

I’d only punt if I was inside my own 30 & even then if it was less than 4 yards I might consider it depending on the game situation. This defense routinely gives up 10+ yard plays. I’d practice all week telling my players we have 4 plays to make 10 yards vs the worst defense in the league. We aren’t punting in this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 07:17 AM   #933
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Yeah, unless you're facing a lot of teams running the triple option, a 5-2 alignment is not the answer.

The issue is the Chiefs need to get more speed and coverage ability on the field on D.

There are a few low-hanging-fruit moves that would accomplish this - namely, playing Thornhill instead of Sorenson and Willie Gay instead of Niemann (and instead of Bolton against 11 personnel).
If the opposing offense goes 11 personnel, then Gay should realistically be the only LB on the field
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:18 AM   #934
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
I’d only punt if I was inside my own 30 & even then if it was less than 4 yards I might consider it depending on the game situation. This defense routinely gives up 10+ yard plays. I’d practice all week telling my players we have 4 plays to make 10 yards vs the worst defense in the league. We aren’t punting in this game.

The math says that you would be correct, too.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 08:00 AM   #935
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalElder View Post
Speaking of Juju Smith-Schuster, this is from Spotrac:

"JuJu Smith-Schuster signed a 1 year, $8,000,000 contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers, including a $7,000,000 signing bonus, $7,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $8,000,000. In 2021, Smith-Schuster will earn a base salary of $1,000,000 and a signing bonus of $7,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $2,400,000 and a dead cap value of $8,000,000."

I think that would make him ideal to trade for before the trade deadline if it could be done for reasonable compensation. I think anyone who trades for him would only be on the hook for the rest of his $1 million base salary. Pittsburgh would need to lose every game between now and then, although I doubt they'd do it even if they're 1-7. Just wishful thinking on my part.

Some might see it as overkill since we'll have Josh Gordon...but not necessarily with how bad the defense continues to be and the current WR corps outside of Hill are not that good. Anything that would help the offense with more receivers who can consistently catch the balls thrown to them and get open consistently is good when they're going to have to outscore everyone in shootouts. An addition on defense would be even better, but the Chiefs have very little cap space, and this is a move that would fit within that space.

Speaking of Pittsburgh, I hope we pluck Taco Charlton off of their practice squad if they don't put him on their 53.
Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 08:04 AM   #936
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
If the opposing offense goes 11 personnel, then Gay should realistically be the only LB on the field

Depends on how the Chiefs respond - nickel or dime.

In the dime set, I’d love to see Gay as the sole LB with Sorenson playing that hybrid LB/S role.

In nickel, I think it’s still Hitchens/one LB out there.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2021, 02:26 PM   #937
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Depends on how the Chiefs respond - nickel or dime.

In the dime set, I’d love to see Gay as the sole LB with Sorenson playing that hybrid LB/S role.

In nickel, I think it’s still Hitchens/one LB out there.
Hitchens is just so excruciatingly slow. It's like when Ragland was on the team - QBs know the slow guys' numbers and throw directly at them. Target the defender, **** the progression, they already knew...
Old 10-04-2021, 02:30 PM   #938
Banned!

Quote:

Absolutely. It's insanely demoralizing when a team stops the offense after three downs and has to defend for a fourth. Given how difficult it is to stop a decent team, I'd consider it regularly, good or bad.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2021, 02:32 PM   #939
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:

This defense can't defend 4 yards at a time. It'd be dumb to not go for it if you're the opposing offense near the 50 or on our side of the field.

Last edited by ModSocks; 10-04-2021 at 02:47 PM..
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2021, 02:36 PM   #940
Future NBA Finals MVP

This mother ****er is going to be a bigger version of the TB 2020 Antonio Brown. And he won't rape people.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 02:46 PM   #941
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
This mother ****er is going to be a bigger version of the TB 2020 Antonio Brown. And he won't rape people.
He will rape defenders on the field.
Old 10-04-2021, 02:48 PM   #942
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Absolutely. It's insanely demoralizing when a team stops the offense after three downs and has to defend for a fourth. Given how difficult it is to stop a decent team, I'd consider it regularly, good or bad.
Weird phenomenon of the Chiefs offense being so good is that the defense suffers a bit because all our opponents have this 4 down mentality on offense.

Chiefs D has to find some ways to get stops on 4th (4th and short particularly) to try to curb this trend.
Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.
Old 10-04-2021, 02:48 PM   #943
Generational Player

MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 10-04-2021, 02:57 PM   #944
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post

But some people here said he was fat and out of shape because of a picture
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 10-04-2021, 03:02 PM   #945
Starter

Oh I’m sorry. I came in for some Gordon news. I didn’t realize it was the defense fix thread. Hopefully I don’t slip into the CEH bust thread next. I’ll slip back out.
Bronco_buster2 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBronco_buster2 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBronco_buster2 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBronco_buster2 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBronco_buster2 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBronco_buster2 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBronco_buster2 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBronco_buster2 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBronco_buster2 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote