Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-29-2024, 11:00 AM   #2
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
How was Jacobs not drafted somewhere?
It's interesting that he went undrafted but it's interesting more because it tells me that NFL teams are getting a bit smarter.

I mean there are LOADS of guys that come out looking like Jacobs every year and just don't do a whole lot.

Look at a guy like Malik Jefferson, for instance. Very similar measurables, seemingly a great prospect. Had a fantastic college career and looked every bit like an NFL player. Went in the 3rd round.

Has never done a thing in the league. Been on 7 teams and can't stick anywhere.

This year's version of Jefferson was probably Jaylan Ford. And Ford went in the 5th - previous years you know he goes higher than that. Tommy Eichenberg went in the 5th. Is Jacobs any better or worse a prospect than Eichenberg? No, not to my eyes. So by that argument he should've been a 3rd day pick.

But do I think either of them are likely to be starting NFL players? Nah. And with no stand-out skills (which is what a lot of teams will look for on the 3rd day; a real strong skill with the hopes they can either use that skill or coach up around it), it's not shocking either. Odds are he's going to be similar to someone like Cameron Smith who had a nice set of solid measurables but nothing that was truly exceptional.

And guys like that just aren't that hard to find.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 11:13 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
It's interesting that he went undrafted but it's interesting more because it tells me that NFL teams are getting a bit smarter.

I mean there are LOADS of guys that come out looking like Jacobs every year and just don't do a whole lot.

Look at a guy like Malik Jefferson, for instance. Very similar measurables, seemingly a great prospect. Had a fantastic college career and looked every bit like an NFL player. Went in the 3rd round.

Has never done a thing in the league. Been on 7 teams and can't stick anywhere.

This year's version of Jefferson was probably Jaylan Ford. And Ford went in the 5th - previous years you know he goes higher than that. Tommy Eichenberg went in the 5th. Is Jacobs any better or worse a prospect than Eichenberg? No, not to my eyes. So by that argument he should've been a 3rd day pick.

But do I think either of them are likely to be starting NFL players? Nah. And with no stand-out skills (which is what a lot of teams will look for on the 3rd day; a real strong skill with the hopes they can either use that skill or coach up around it), it's not shocking either. Odds are he's going to be similar to someone like Cameron Smith who had a nice set of solid measurables but nothing that was truly exceptional.

And guys like that just aren't that hard to find.
Well, that's fair, but the same could be said about Bolton; his standout skills are between the ears.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2024, 11:04 AM   #4
MVP

I think he moves into the Cam Jones ST role, while Jones gets some reps with the defense with Gay gone.
nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.
Old 04-29-2024, 08:20 PM   #5
Supporter

SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 11:24 AM   #6
Go Beavers!

[homer] One of my favorite defenders from last season. He's basically a Mike Danna clone. Same size and just relentless in getting after the QB. I would love to see him make the Chiefs. [/homer]
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 11:31 AM   #7
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post

[homer] One of my favorite defenders from last season. He's basically a Mike Danna clone. Same size and just relentless in getting after the QB. I would love to see him make the Chiefs. [/homer]
Some really good production last year with 9.5 sacks.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2024, 11:54 AM   #8
Go Beavers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Some really good production last year with 9.5 sacks.
Plus two INT and two forced fumbles.
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-06-2024, 12:57 PM   #9
Go Beavers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post

I'm trying to not get my hopes up that he makes the roster but this was encouraging. From this article about the rookie mini-camp under "Five to Watch":

Quote:
DE Andrew Chatfield: At nearly 6-foot-2 and 250 pounds, Chatfield projected as a linebacker on some draft boards but he’s demonstrated why the Chiefs see him as an edge rusher with his ludicrous 80 5/8-inch wingspan. He’s tipped a couple of passes during team drills in the minicamp and he’s demonstrated speed and strength during defensive line drills. He collected 9 1/2 sacks at Oregon State last year along with two interceptions, two forced fumbles, and four passes defended. That’s production the Chiefs covet in long, lean defensive linemen.
Old 04-30-2024, 02:46 PM   #10
Banned!

"Despite these setbacks, Okie-Anoma’s performance at Charlotte was notable. In just 10 games, he racked up 56 tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, and 5.5 sacks, hinting at the untapped potential within. This stint was enough to catch the eye of the Kansas City Chiefs’ scouting team."

Wow. You've got my attention.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2024, 03:56 PM   #11
Rookie

Which RB has the better chance of making the roster?

Bailey or Steele? Neither one has much speed although Bailey looks like he can get outside vs Steel who looks like an undersized power type runner.

Bailey has my vote as he appears to be the better in pass protection? I love me some Pacheco but a good number two to keep him healthy would not hurt.
909 ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.909 ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
Old 05-01-2024, 02:22 AM   #12
Veteran

I'm going to annoy people by not focusing on UDFAs, but the C. J. Hanson thread has dropped off it seems. So just to say his RAS is wild. Holy Cross, more like "Holy S***" amirite?

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1764442025833668863
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-01-2024, 08:42 AM   #13
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
I'm going to annoy people by not focusing on UDFAs, but the C. J. Hanson thread has dropped off it seems. So just to say his RAS is wild. Holy Cross, more like "Holy S***" amirite?

Why not just bump that thread then?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2024, 09:55 AM   #14
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Why not just bump that thread then?
Searched for it, couldn't find it.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-01-2024, 10:12 AM   #15
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post

CJ Hanson is a super athlete for a guard, if you look up and down the list the Chiefs do what the Chiefs do, they are a team that values athletes for the most part. There are a few exceptions like Bolton isn't a super athlete.

Even the UDFA's you see it, Miles Battle has crazy athletic numbers.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.