Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-08-2019, 05:22 PM  
MVP

CB Greedy Williams not a 1st round pick?

GREEDY WILLIAMS
DB, LSU TIGERS

The Athletic's Dane Brugler reports that "several teams" don't have first-round grades on LSU CB Greedy Williams.
Williams (6'2/185) sits on the Round 1/2 borderline, but this report indicates opinions are all over the place. After a dominant 2017 collegiate season, Williams allowed the lowest catch rate among SEC cornerbacks in 2018, but some draft analysts are concerned with his slender frame and how that projects to his tackling ability. Despite the critique, NFL Media's Lance Zierlein says Williams has the potential to be a team's CB1.

Per Rotoworld
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:41 AM   #46
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
I’m not saying I wouldn’t take him at 29, but if he’s sitting there at said pick, why do they have to take him? Shouldn’t we assume he’s fallen that far for a reason?

It wouldn’t be a Derwin James scenario.
Yeah, there are scenarios where Greedy at 29 may not be the best guy on the board. Not a lot of them, but they exist.

Though I can't get myself as down on him as some of the draft guys are; I'm not putting folks like Ya Sin or Oruwariye ahead of him as I've seen from a few of these dudes.

He's a solid developmental prospect who's just not quite as the obvious 'Day 1 starter' as the building consensus was when the draft season kicked off, IMO. And even if he is the top CB in the class (though I don't believe he is), that's a testament to the weakness of the CB crop this year more than it is Greedy's prospect status. It just isn't a very good CB class.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:42 AM   #47
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Greedy's more flexible than Claiborne. Claiborne just looked so damn stiff that it wasn't a surprise that he couldn't do much in man.

I don't quite see that from Greedy. Honestly I'm not sure exactly what I don't like about him - he just doesn't seem terribly aware out there at times. The athleticism is good, the agility will play. He just kinda loses the thread at times.

Like I said - at 29 I'd probably gamble and see if we can get him to engage more often because he does have starting CB physical tools. But there's more bust potential there than most guys with his attributes because you can't have a space cadet on an island. It just doesn't work - he'll burn you at the worst time every time.
I just watched his full game against Ole Miss last year where he was almost exclusively on Metcalf. Did a solid job. No big plays that I can recall. Had one stupid penalty and drew an OPI from Metcalf as well.

Looked very fluid in press man and ‘sticky’ on a play-to-play basis. The game got a little out of hand eventually on the scoreboard and I think their defense started to let off the gas, playing more off zone.

Wish he would’ve covered Brown more than he did to get a better look against a solid route runner.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:50 AM   #48
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
I just watched his full game against Ole Miss last year where he was almost exclusively on Metcalf. Did a solid job. No big plays that I can recall. Had one stupid penalty and drew an OPI from Metcalf as well.

Looked very fluid in press man and ‘sticky’ on a play-to-play basis. The game got a little out of hand eventually on the scoreboard and I think their defense started to let off the gas, playing more off zone.

Wish he would’ve covered Brown more than he did to get a better look against a solid route runner.
I was so bummed out seeing Kristian Fulton return to LSU. He was my under the radar CB prospect in this draft. I actually thought he looked better on most plays than Williams did.

I actually think Fulton is a better long-term bet than Williams is and I think he could easily play himself into the 1st round this year. That kid looks outstanding.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:57 AM   #49
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Also looked at some of Greedy’s Georgia game—very patient at the LOS. Pretty much shut down Ridley from what I saw. Definitely a press man corner through and through.

If you take him, you hope this staff and the tougher minded defenders they’ve brought in will rub off on him as he becomes a ‘pro’.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.