Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: My year was a _________ type of year.
10 - Taylor Swift – It was like being Time’s Person of the Year, dating a Chief, and making a billion dollars. 9 8.33%
9 - George Santos - I lived the amazing life that George Santos describes in his lies. 5 4.63%
8 - King Charles – I didn’t accomplish much, but I was still crowned as the king. 9 8.33%
7 - Travis Kelce – Yeah, I’ve dropped some passes, but overall I’m living pretty good. 29 26.85%
6 - The Friends Cast – Roughly 5/6th of the year was good. 6 5.56%
5 - Joe Flacco – Mostly nondescript, but with some good parts. 17 15.74%
4 - Mitch McConnell – I’m still doing my thing, but with a few embarrassing freeze-ups. 4 3.70%
3 - Kadarius Toney – Well, at least I’m still on the roster. 14 12.96%
2 – Ivy League president testifying about Jewish stuff – I should have done things differently. 1 0.93%
1 – Russian draftee. It was mostly human-wave attacks against fortified Ukrainian positions. 5 4.63%
0 – Let’s just say that it was an expensive submarine ride to the Titanic. 9 8.33%
I don't remember (also a Mitch McConnell option). 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2023, 01:36 AM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

How did 2023 treat you?

Which celebrity score best matched your life in 2023?

Poll coming soon if you don't already see it.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-28-2023, 02:57 PM   #31
MVP

It was an 8 for me.

Retired now, so did a lot around the house. Some projects still in the works.

Had cataract surgery in September. That's a Godsend. My vision was failing fast due to the type of cataracts I had. Another year and I wouldn't have passed the eye exam at the DMV. Now I'm 20/20. Forty years ago I would have been screwed since surgery didn't exist.

Nice Thanksgiving with family in the Rocky Mountains. First time doing that and will definitely do it again.

Hoping for another 8 or 9 in 2024
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 12-28-2023, 06:41 PM   #32
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

I'm looking forward to closing the chapter on 2023.

My dad died. My wife broke her leg and couldn't walk for 16 weeks and couldn't drive for 6 more after that. My mom is an insane, delusional, toxic mess, and if I don't deal with her, family I care for deeply has to (grandma, uncle and aunt, sister). My parents had just moved when dad died, and I spent an exhausting month this summer going down to basically fill dumpsters with stuff they've hoarded (poorly) since the 80s, making it trash I have to pay to get rid of.

Looking forward to 2024.

There were some good bits in there, too, though. Mrs. Idaho and the spuds are awesome. Wife and I went on an awesome trip in August. Chiefs won the Super Bowl.

I gave it a zero, overall, because the lows were about as low as it could get.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 07:23 PM   #33
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchshot View Post
As bad as 2023 was, I'm scared for 2024.
Just remember the dumpster fire 2020 and 21 was and it will be hard to complain.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-28-2023, 07:37 PM   #34
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
8 for me.

Wish it was 69 though.
Lets be honest. You're still trying to master missionary.

Leave the more complex stuff for us more experienced fellows.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-29-2023, 12:03 AM   #35
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post

My dad died. My wife broke her leg and couldn't walk for 16 weeks and couldn't drive for 6 more after that. My mom is an insane, delusional, toxic mess, and if I don't deal with her, family I care for deeply has to (grandma, uncle and aunt, sister). My parents had just moved when dad died, and I spent an exhausting month this summer going down to basically fill dumpsters with stuff they've hoarded (poorly) since the 80s, making it trash I have to pay to get rid of.

Looking forward to 2024.

There were some good bits in there, too, though. Mrs. Idaho and the spuds are awesome. Wife and I went on an awesome trip in August. Chiefs won the Super Bowl.

Sorry for your troubles my man. Things will look up.

My parents moved to town in 2014, and I helped clean out what I thought was a cramped house and made it into what seemed like an enormous cavernous domicile.

I had 3 burn barrels blazing for 3 days straight, and they still moved entirely too much shit to their house in town.

I feel your pain.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-29-2023, 10:00 AM   #36
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Sorry for your troubles my man. Things will look up.

My parents moved to town in 2014, and I helped clean out what I thought was a cramped house and made it into what seemed like an enormous cavernous domicile.

I had 3 burn barrels blazing for 3 days straight, and they still moved entirely too much shit to their house in town.

I feel your pain.

There’s more to go.

We’ve got the:
2-car garage/woodworking shop that’s 1/2 full with old computer and electronic stuff and other more ancient trash

Old tractor/work truck garage (4-car) that’s 1/2 full of thankfully random non-electronic trash

Old grain bin (20-ft diameter) that’s full of old computer and electronic stuff

And the coup de grace… the machine shop, which is large enough to store the big Allis Chalmers tractor AND the combine, and still be only 2/3 full…

Which you can’t even pull a car into right now because it’s filled with old computer/electronic stuff and as many file cabinets as a person could ever want.

Sacrifice a goat for m, eh?
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-29-2023, 10:24 AM   #37
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:

Looking forward to 2024.

Sorry to hear all that man.

That bolded section might seem minor, but that’s a huge pain in the ass. Until you go through that, I don’t think most people realize how time consuming it is. I’ve helped with something similar and it ****ing sucked. It seems like it’s never going to end.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-29-2023, 10:25 AM   #38
Inmem 2.0

Pretty dope. I know New Years resolutions are lame but I made one to hit the gym with consistency and I did that. The Chiefs won the super bowl, Went to the Parade, The Draft, Went to the NCAA Sweet 16, Saw some great UFC fights in person, Lost my job but got a new one now I'm making more money than I ever have, Had some good times with friends, Health is good, Family is good.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-29-2023, 10:39 AM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Off topic, but would love to know your thoughts on a Peloton. I think a lazy **** like me this might get me to work out if it's in the other room. I don't really need the social motivation, but the virtual rides and stuff sound cool.
When you get to a certain age, I think you become familiar with what works and what doesn't. I knew buying an expensive piece of cardio equipment that relied on me to self motivate and design workouts would fail.

What's great about the Peloton is the live leader boards for both live and recorded workouts. I've never done a live workout, but any recently recorded ride will have at least 100 riders with you if not more, and I find that motivational to try and beat people that started around when you did.

There's seemingly dozens of instructors. I've found a couple I really jive with, and you know what kind of soundtrack each ride will be before you start. I can easily burn 550 cals in 30 minutes, and I've hit 700 cals burned in 45 mins. I've got almost a 20 week streak of hitting 2 workouts weekly, usually doing 3 which is unheard of for me and cardio (I ****ing hate cardio, especially running).

The last point is that I've never felt close to being injured at all this last year, which isn't something I could say for any of my running routines. If you can afford the $45 monthly charge, I really can't say enough good things.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-29-2023, 01:40 PM   #40
Spiraling down the Drain

Like a hot poker to the anus.
BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 02:01 PM   #41
Supporter

Quote:
There’s more to go.

We’ve got the:
2-car garage/woodworking shop that’s 1/2 full with old computer and electronic stuff and other more ancient trash

Old tractor/work truck garage (4-car) that’s 1/2 full of thankfully random non-electronic trash

Old grain bin (20-ft diameter) that’s full of old computer and electronic stuff

And the coup de grace… the machine shop, which is large enough to store the big Allis Chalmers tractor AND the combine, and still be only 2/3 full…

Which you can’t even pull a car into right now because it’s filled with old computer/electronic stuff and as many file cabinets as a person could ever want.

Sacrifice a goat for m, eh?
Heh. If I run across a goat, that thing is as good as dead...

It's remarkable isn't it? Dad told me when I was in high school at prime slave labor age that it was different for grandpa. He grew up in the depression with nothing and had to build anything if he was going to have it so he kept junk around. Plus he was basically running a really huge garden and dad was trying to run a business yada yada yada.

Fast forward.

I'm trying to lean up the farm substantially and keep workspaces clean and all the proper things I should be doing. So the conversation goes like this:

"Dad we haven't used that in a decade. Time to go?"

"Well, If you ever needed to ...."

"Whatever"

If you ever needed to is my least favorite thing he says. LOL

I just hope I don't do the same thing to my family.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-29-2023, 02:26 PM   #42
Pessimistically optimistic.

Chiefs won the Super Bowl.
Retired 20 years Active Duty Air Force.
Moved to Denver.
Bought an awesome house on the outskirts of town with a great view.
Built a back patio for said view.
Nailed a great paying remote-only job.
Won Employee of the Quarter first time.
Was given a $10K bonus early for great work.
Ruled to be 100% disabled thru the VA.
Chiefs still making the playoffs for another (albeit ill-looking) Lombardi run.

Sad to see 2023 go!
MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 03:10 PM   #43
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Heh. If I run across a goat, that thing is as good as dead...

It's remarkable isn't it? Dad told me when I was in high school at prime slave labor age that it was different for grandpa. He grew up in the depression with nothing and had to build anything if he was going to have it so he kept junk around. Plus he was basically running a really huge garden and dad was trying to run a business yada yada yada.

Fast forward.

I'm trying to lean up the farm substantially and keep workspaces clean and all the proper things I should be doing. So the conversation goes like this:

"Dad we haven't used that in a decade. Time to go?"

"Well, If you ever needed to ...."

"Whatever"

If you ever needed to is my least favorite thing he says. LOL

I just hope I don't do the same thing to my family.

As the child of hoarders, I'm determined to not leave a mess behind. The only challenge is that I don't have an expiration date stamped on me. I've tried to be organized with things like having a will (which my parents refuse to do), but over 60 years I've acquired enough stuff to suitably furnish a relatively large and non-cluttered home. Even without clutter, there's a lot of stuff.

Now, the other issue is that I don't have kids, and my nearest living relative is 500 miles away. I've never lived within 500 miles of a younger relative, so none of them really even know us. So at some point when an escaped zoo chimpanzee rips us limb from limb, they won't really want to come out west to go through our stuff.

I've been reading a few things recently about how to handle this. There's definitely a downsizing that should happen as we age, and that's actually hard to think about. Logically, my inventory probably should get 3 percent smaller every year, but unless I downsize my living space that's just going to mean empty rooms, which isn't good for me while I'm alive. And it doesn't make sense to downsize into a smaller home over time, because I've run the numbers on that. I should stay in my current house until my wheels fall off, and at that point the downsizing will be challenging if I'm no longer healthy and energetic.

It seems like there's not a great answer to this problem, which is why it gets kicked down to the kids so often. And I don't have kids.

I've joked in the past that when I get old I'll adopt a woman from some third world country to take care of us, and then get the house when we die. But you know, for someone in my position, that may not be a joke. I read about that billionaire who adopted his gardener recently to give him an inheritance because the gardener looked after him, and in a world with more and more childless seniors, that actually could be a model that works.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-29-2023, 04:18 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I've had very similar challenges, though I think for different reasons. I spent so much time reading at my job, which was very slow and careful reviewing and editing for the most part, that I completely lost my reading speed and my interest in pleasure reading outside of work. Fortunately, I think it's coming back pretty quickly, but I was feeling very uncultured and illiterate for a long while.
I’ve loved to read my whole life. As a kid, teenager and all my adult life. I always go to bed early and read until I fall asleep.
It’s one thing that I think that’s kept my brain going since I had the radiation remove the tumors in my brain. Constant reading. I don’t remember a lot of it, but it keeps my melon working as good as it can.
I go to the library every two weeks. And everyone gives me books to read. Some of them I just shitcan, but you never know what you might find interesting. And again, I’m gonna forget it anyway.
sec
seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 04:29 PM   #45
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
As the child of hoarders, I'm determined to not leave a mess behind. The only challenge is that I don't have an expiration date stamped on me. I've tried to be organized with things like having a will (which my parents refuse to do), but over 60 years I've acquired enough stuff to suitably furnish a relatively large and non-cluttered home. Even without clutter, there's a lot of stuff.

Now, the other issue is that I don't have kids, and my nearest living relative is 500 miles away. I've never lived within 500 miles of a younger relative, so none of them really even know us. So at some point when an escaped zoo chimpanzee rips us limb from limb, they won't really want to come out west to go through our stuff.

I've been reading a few things recently about how to handle this. There's definitely a downsizing that should happen as we age, and that's actually hard to think about. Logically, my inventory probably should get 3 percent smaller every year, but unless I downsize my living space that's just going to mean empty rooms, which isn't good for me while I'm alive. And it doesn't make sense to downsize into a smaller home over time, because I've run the numbers on that. I should stay in my current house until my wheels fall off, and at that point the downsizing will be challenging if I'm no longer healthy and energetic.

It seems like there's not a great answer to this problem, which is why it gets kicked down to the kids so often. And I don't have kids.

I've joked in the past that when I get old I'll adopt a woman from some third world country to take care of us, and then get the house when we die. But you know, for someone in my position, that may not be a joke. I read about that billionaire who adopted his gardener recently to give him an inheritance because the gardener looked after him, and in a world with more and more childless seniors, that actually could be a model that works.

LOL It's not practicable to die with nothing.

The fact of the matter is that unless it's trash, most estate auction outfits will go through your shit.

Get your finances in line. Any heirloom shit you have, get it to the appropriate family members, then keep enough cash for your heirs to hire an auction company to have an estate sale. You can do some legwork and contact some outfits and things.

The hardest part is:
1. Finances - especially if nobody is on any of the accounts. Also probate sucks 13 kinds of ass.

2. Trash.

The rest is fairly easy. Especially if probate is avoided and nobody wants anything.