Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-12-2021, 09:15 AM   #2
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Ive got compression socks, tried several orthotics, and ice it. My biggest problem is my job. 8 hours a day of waking or standing on concrete for the most part. Also i kept running a mile for several months when it flared up because gyms were closed for covid and it was the only real exercise i was getting.
Do you have a shoe requirement for work or can you wear whatever you want?
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-13-2021, 06:48 PM   #3
Brrrrr.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo64 View Post
I have a friend who tried DDP yoga and really liked it, increased flexibility and lost weight. Former Pro Rassler Diamond Dallas Page supposedly created it. I keep saying I'm going to try it but I'm too lazy right now. Their program is isn't free though.
I started DDPY and was enjoying it until I sprained my MCL (working around the yard) so bad that the docs thought that I tore it.

I should probably give it another try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
**** Plantar Fasciitis.

When I was still trying to play ball, I'd tape it like this. There are some different kinds of tapes these days that I know nothing about, and different strategies, but this definitely helped me. Just make sure to wash and dry your foot first and put your sock on while you're sitting down before you move. It takes a minute, especially when you haven't done it too many times, and nothing is more irritating than starting over.

I've done some myofascial release. Meh

Cold packs will help if you fire it up and it is hurting, but at that point the damage is done.

There are lots of stretching. It is certainly worthwhile.

I did orthotics for awhile, and they were so hard, when I'd stand on concrete (which I do) they'd just inflame it because there was no cushion. Maybe you can come up with better options. So I'm better off just getting some really good support shoes which have some cushion. I've gotten along with brooks and Salamon, but everybody's foot is different.

I tried these arch support things that went around my foot, it just shifted around and hurt really bad.

Plantar Fasciitis is the devil.
Yes, it is. That's another thing I've been dealing with.

Anyway, I was doing pretty good fitness-wise until a few years ago. Then chemo kicked my ass, then I dislocated my wrist along with shattering it and breaking my arm ... then the MCL ....

I'm on a team (of 4) doing "Run The Year" again and at the moment my miles are walking miles, but I'm knocking them out. Plus, I've been focusing at some strengthening and stability stuff. I haven't started lifting again - but it's in the plan.
Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.
Old 01-19-2021, 07:28 AM   #4
Brrrrr.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cntrygal View Post
I started DDPY and was enjoying it until I sprained my MCL (working around the yard) so bad that the docs thought that I tore it.

I should probably give it another try.

Yes, it is. That's another thing I've been dealing with.

Anyway, I was doing pretty good fitness-wise until a few years ago. Then chemo kicked my ass, then I dislocated my wrist along with shattering it and breaking my arm ... then the MCL ....

I'm on a team (of 4) doing "Run The Year" again and at the moment my miles are walking miles, but I'm knocking them out. Plus, I've been focusing at some strengthening and stability stuff. I haven't started lifting again - but it's in the plan.
Welp... now I have extra motivation to regain the fitness I lost.
Gotta get strong to survive future chemo!

My scans are no longer clear. Fortunately, the "activity" is limited to my my upper chest (under the left collarbone). My oncologist hopes that it'll be "slow growing" this time - so I'm on "Watch & Wait". (Malt Lymphoma)

So much for getting my damn port removed.
Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.Cntrygal would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 01:26 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Do you have a shoe requirement for work or can you wear whatever you want?
required safety toe, supposed to be over the ankle. Currently using new balance safety toe boots. Also it has to be composite. I work at a datacenter and we have to clear metal detector security 10 times or more a day.

Last edited by Dunerdr; 01-14-2021 at 01:35 PM..
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.