Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM  
best in the biz

Nzoner [and the Mrs]

Original OP about Nzoner's heart attack last spring is archived here.

Spoiler!

Latest on Kathy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
Well, coming out of the weekend, 3 straight days of bad news had me feeling like it was time to prepare for the worst. Thankfully, she proved me wrong, and it seems like things have stabilized for the moment. Her critical care Dr did say her lungs were sounding better as of yesterday, so that's a positive. However, it also sounds like he made it clear that she has a long road to recovery in front of her. But at least there's a shred of hope to cling to for the time being, I'll take it and be grateful for it.
Quote:
Okay, didn't take too much investigation to learn that meals are an issue for him. So here's my plan:

I am going down on Sunday to visit with him and watch the game. The Mrs and I will to do some grocery shopping prior to that and possibly prepare some meals for him as well for me to deliver to him.

Here's how you can help:

I need food ideas: After his heart issues earlier this year, he is on a heart healthy diet. Low fat and low sodium. This is a bit out of my wheelhouse so if anyone has suggestions for food or meals, please post them here. Please keep meal suggestions simple, we're willing to spend some time preparing things but we can't spend 4 hours making a heart healthy version of Duck a l'orange.

You can donate: If you want to kick in some money to help cover grocery costs I certainly will welcome that. PM me for details. For transparency's sake I will post a list of donors in this thread, but you can remain anonymous if you wish. I will also provide photos of what I buy plus receipts so there's no questions about where your money went.

I do have a couple other ideas I am pursuing as well, just need to figure out if there's a way to bring them to fruition. More on that later.

Last edited by DaFace; 11-10-2021 at 07:49 PM..
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2021, 05:32 PM   #331
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
Still, if there's a fund or something we could give to in order to help them out this Christmas or whatever, I'd be down.
Yep. I've never met them, but there's no question they've had a huge impact on the culture of this place. If there's anything they need, I'm confident we can make it happen. If they need meals, we could sign them up for a meal delivery service for a couple of months. If they need cleaning, I bet we can find a cleaning service. If Joe is exhausted and just needs a drink, I bet we could send the best scotch he's ever had.

In short, if you hear of anything they need, let us know.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 05:33 PM   #332
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Still, if there's a fund or something we could give to in order to help them out this Christmas or whatever, I'd be down.
I don't want to give away too much about their personal lives, but I know money isn't an issue with them at the moment. Although I'm sure there's other ways to help like luv was suggesting, but it's hard to get a good feel for the situation from here. I'm hoping to go down to watch the game with him on Sunday and see if anything jumps out to me. I know I kinda shot luv's ideas down but it's not because they were bad in any way, I'm totally open to ideas.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2021, 05:34 PM   #333
Kind of a mod

Quote:
I don't want to give away too much about their personal lives, but I know money isn't an issue with them at the moment. Although I'm sure there's other ways to help like luv was suggesting, but it's hard to get a good feel for the situation from here. I'm hoping to go down to watch the game with him on Sunday and see if anything jumps out to me. I know I kinda shot luv's ideas down but it's not because they were bad in any way, I'm totally open to ideas.
Eh, sometimes it's less about the money and more about just not having to figure shit out. Either way, we can make it happen.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2021, 05:36 PM   #334
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Eh, sometimes it's less about the money and more about just not having to figure shit out. Either way, we can make it happen.
I'm with you, I'll dig in and see what I can come up with.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 05:46 PM   #335
Reset

I’ve been over their place twice with Mr BUgeater. Great people, and Mrs Nzoner gave me a personal tour of her nascar room. Been praying for both of them.
2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 06:12 PM   #336
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv View Post
They'll never ask, but is there anything that they need right now besides prayer?

Thanksgiving is coming up. We could set up a fund to hire someone to come in and prepare a meal for them or get their Christmas decorations up. Someone to come in and clean and prepare heat and serve meals a few times per week? Or we could just give them money for whatever they need right now.
Quote:
Yep. I've never met them, but there's no question they've had a huge impact on the culture of this place. If there's anything they need, I'm confident we can make it happen. If they need meals, we could sign them up for a meal delivery service for a couple of months. If they need cleaning, I bet we can find a cleaning service. If Joe is exhausted and just needs a drink, I bet we could send the best scotch he's ever had.

In short, if you hear of anything they need, let us know.
Love it. As well-meaning as it is, most people's initial reaction to if you need anything please please don't hesitate is "okay" and not "well, you could stop by the grocery store for me and clean up the house and...".

A meal service that doesn't take much to prepare would probably be perfect, or just showing up with a bunch of food. Anything to make life a little easier.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2021, 07:16 PM   #337
**** the Raiders

Count me in on whatever is decided to be done.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2021, 07:18 PM   #338
The Maintenance Guy

Okay, didn't take too much investigation to learn that meals are an issue for him. So here's my plan:

I am going down on Sunday to visit with him and watch the game. The Mrs and I will to do some grocery shopping prior to that and possibly prepare some meals for him as well for me to deliver to him.

Here's how you can help:

I need food ideas: After his heart issues earlier this year, he is on a heart healthy diet. Low fat and low sodium. This is a bit out of my wheelhouse so if anyone has suggestions for food or meals, please post them here. Please keep meal suggestions simple, we're willing to spend some time preparing things but we can't spend 4 hours making a heart healthy version of Duck a l'orange.

You can donate: If you want to kick in some money to help cover grocery costs I certainly will welcome that. PM me for details. For transparency's sake I will post a list of donors in this thread, but you can remain anonymous if you wish. I will also provide photos of what I buy plus receipts so there's no questions about where your money went.

I do have a couple other ideas I am pursuing as well, just need to figure out if there's a way to bring them to fruition. More on that later.
Old 11-10-2021, 07:24 PM   #339
**** the Raiders

Quote:

Here's how you can help:

As far as food ideas are concerned, grilled chicken/fish and salads are probably safe bets. Outside of that, like you, not something I really take into consideration for myself.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2021, 07:31 PM   #340
Kind of a mod

I'm in for however you think it will work best, but would a meal delivery be a little more sustainable in the long run? I guess I'm not sure they deliver everywhere, but Sunbasket does fully-prepared meals (just pop them in the microwave), so that could be an option. They run maybe $14/meal, so it's not dirt cheap, but they're a hell of a lot better than frozen dinners and far less packed with salt.

Googling around, I also see a place called Mom's Meals, which has a low-sodium menu. More like $7/meal, so I'd guess it'll be a little lower quality, but it's another option.

Either way, PM on the way.
Old 11-10-2021, 07:38 PM   #341
Kind of a mod

Figure it's worth sticking this for a little bit at least.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 07:42 PM   #342
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Count me in too.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2021, 07:44 PM   #343
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Figure it's worth sticking this for a little bit at least.
Good idea, might want to put the latest info into the OP, I don't have time at the moment, it's dinner time at the palatial Bugeater estate right now.

I'll get back to everyone's PMs shortly.
Old 11-10-2021, 07:51 PM   #344
I got Rice cookin in the micro

Holler if anyone needs something
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2021, 08:05 PM   #345
MY LITTLE #15

I was just thinking about meals like a lasagna he could freeze and pop in the oven. Leftovers on that for a few days. I know Joe isn't 100%, so cleaning, laundry, errand running may be difficult. There are several companies down here that provide such services that don't fall under health care.
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.