Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2023, 08:45 PM  
MVP

2024 WR Class

Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-24-2024 at 01:08 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-09-2024, 05:35 PM   #871
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd View Post
Glad to see support for going for a 2TE approach. Gives us a good receiver, and an eventual replacement for Kelce. Depending on who’s available maybe use our number 1 pick on a TE , UNLESS FRANKLIN IS AVAILABLE, and 2 on a WR. I agree it would probably be better value to trade up in round 2 that in round 1.

I don’t understand why there’s a feeling Laporta would not have worked out for KC. He wouldn’t have done as well as he did in Detroit in all likelihood, but would have been a much better receiver option than what we had beyond Rice and Kelce.
LaPorta woulda been great in KC but Rice was a better fit for what we needed, and thank god we went that way or the cupboard woulda been completely empty at WR this season.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-09-2024, 06:25 PM   #872
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
LaPorta woulda been great in KC but Rice was a better fit for what we needed, and thank god we went that way or the cupboard woulda been completely empty at WR this season.
I think Kincaid was the best fit, with the retrospect of the first season in the books. Granted, we would have had to make a move, but he looks like the next Kelce to me.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-09-2024, 06:44 PM   #873
Black Bob's daddy

I don’t necessarily hate the idea of TE in the 1st, although I think it might be a year too early but who knows. My concern would be if this is another FAU situation where aside from injury that player isn’t get much time in year 1? I’m not sure we would run 3 TE sets THAT often and I question if a rookie would pass Gray on the depth chart anytime soon. But if it’s BPA then so be it, we need weapons on offense however we can get them.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-09-2024, 07:38 PM   #874
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
I think Kincaid was the best fit, with the retrospect of the first season in the books. Granted, we would have had to make a move, but he looks like the next Kelce to me.
Now say we woulda taken La Porta, or to your comment Kincaid, in the 1st and still taken Rice in the 2nd... That woulda been pretty spectacular!
Old 02-09-2024, 09:09 PM   #875
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
I don’t necessarily hate the idea of TE in the 1st, although I think it might be a year too early but who knows. My concern would be if this is another FAU situation where aside from injury that player isn’t get much time in year 1? I’m not sure we would run 3 TE sets THAT often and I question if a rookie would pass Gray on the depth chart anytime soon. But if it’s BPA then so be it, we need weapons on offense however we can get them.
'24 is the last year of Gray's deal so I'm not sure I'd personally care if a rookie passed him up on the depth chart. May the best man win.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-09-2024, 10:06 PM   #876
MVP

I splurged on a PFF membership and will post some stats for our target WRs
Old 02-09-2024, 10:26 PM   #877
MVP

Couple interesting PFF stats I noticed at first glance...

Thomas Jr at #4
Troy Franklin at #5 with 10% drops
McConkey next at #6
Coleman #7
Mitchell #8
Dez Walker #9
Jermaine Burton at #10 with 0% drops
Legette at #11

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 02-10-2024 at 08:38 AM..
Old 02-09-2024, 10:33 PM   #878
MVP

Legette has some pretty elite #'s

2.7% drop rate (2 drops to 71 catches)
3.15 yards per route run (Have only noticed Harrison Jr and Nabers at 3+)
85.5% vs man coverage
86.9% receiving grade
82.5% overall grade (Very few WRs with 80%+ grades this season, Thomas Jr was 74%)
Old 02-09-2024, 10:36 PM   #879
MVP

Malachi Corley avg 8.6 yards after catch! Damn!
Old 02-09-2024, 10:45 PM   #880
MVP

I think we're sleeping on Malik Washington a bit.

#1 in missed tackles forced
#1 yards from slot
#2 rec from slot
64.7% contested catch rate
2.6% drop rate with 3 total
3.15 yards per route run
92.4% receiving grade (Harrison Jr 89.6% and Nabers 93.1%)

Look a lot bigger than he's listed out there, plays tough, is known for making clutch plays.

Is he this year's beefed up Tank Dell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urIFD2bo4FY

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 02-09-2024 at 11:10 PM..
Old 02-09-2024, 10:53 PM   #881
MVP

Apparently this white kid from Iowa is a pretty damn good WR, Hayden Hatten.

PFF graded his last two season 90%+ overall, he's the only 1 I've seen with consecutive 90%+ seasons.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...atten-WR-Idaho
Old 02-09-2024, 10:56 PM   #882
MVP

Side note, Guyton has 63, 66, and 69% seasons... not sure they like him too much.

Also noting that 50% of draft heads seem to mention "he needs a year to develop."

Do they mean develop as a starter or sit behind someone and start the following year?

I think you need to take a starter in round 1.

Javon Foster from Missouri, however, looks like a steal as their #20 OT considering he's 1 of only 2 OTs that posted 80%+ seasons the last 3 seasons.

Mizzou really starting to get some players in recent years.

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 02-10-2024 at 08:40 AM..
Old 02-09-2024, 11:08 PM   #883
MVP

DT T Sweat 15.3% pass rush win rate at his size is also very interesting

(Sorry to get off topic for this thread but he and Guyton are names that flirt with the bottom of the 1st)
Old 02-10-2024, 01:39 AM   #884
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
I think we're sleeping on Malik Washington a bit.

#1 in missed tackles forced
#1 yards from slot
#2 rec from slot
64.7% contested catch rate
2.6% drop rate with 3 total
3.15 yards per route run
92.4% receiving grade (Harrison Jr 89.6% and Nabers 93.1%)

Look a lot bigger than he's listed out there, plays tough, is known for making clutch plays.

Is he this year's beefed up Tank Dell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urIFD2bo4FY
What I like about Washington:

-Catching ability, he has absolute sure hands and his technique is great
-Toughness, although he's 5'8 he's built real solid and seems to deliver the blow when carrying the ball
-Good understanding vs zone, finds the soft spot and sits well
-Doesn't seem to shy from traffic

What I dislike:
-5'8, not a ton of receivers who excel at that size
-The versatility in the NFL is gonna be slim, he's solely gonna operate from the slot
-Doesn't appear to be a super dynamic athlete

There's some Amon St-Brown in his game- that's the type of receiver he'll have to be in the NFL if he succeeds since I don't think he's going to stretch the defense. I'll be interested to see how his testing goes but the odds are stacked against him being a very short receiver. In regards to the Chiefs, they would have to double dip at the WR position in the draft I think to have a shot at him. Washington will be a 4th/5th round guy in my opinion.
Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.
Old 02-10-2024, 08:13 AM   #885
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
What I like about Washington:

-Catching ability, he has absolute sure hands and his technique is great
-Toughness, although he's 5'8 he's built real solid and seems to deliver the blow when carrying the ball
-Good understanding vs zone, finds the soft spot and sits well
-Doesn't seem to shy from traffic

What I dislike:
-5'8, not a ton of receivers who excel at that size
-The versatility in the NFL is gonna be slim, he's solely gonna operate from the slot
-Doesn't appear to be a super dynamic athlete

There's some Amon St-Brown in his game- that's the type of receiver he'll have to be in the NFL if he succeeds since I don't think he's going to stretch the defense. I'll be interested to see how his testing goes but the odds are stacked against him being a very short receiver. In regards to the Chiefs, they would have to double dip at the WR position in the draft I think to have a shot at him. Washington will be a 4th/5th round guy in my opinion.
We only have 1 legit WR so its not like we don't need a quality slot option.