Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-01-2020, 09:11 PM  
Chiefs

Chiefs sign Taco Charlton

ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 05-03-2020, 02:27 PM   #181
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
He tore ligaments in his knee. That type of season-ender happens all the time. It’s a dumb reason to be down on a player unless it has happened repeatedly.

The overweight thing is silly, too. 1) players show up carrying extra weight frequently and it is worked off during training camp 2) we don’t know what the Chiefs asked him to do in that offseason. 3) Speaks has never been a guy who looks like a Greek statue

Writing off a guy who was a top 100 prospect after one season (in which he did flash while playing terribly out of position) is just weird.

Especially when he’s being written off so they can hang on to a guy who is pretty JAG-y.
Knee injuries are at least loosely correlated with being overweight. I don’t know if his specific injury is. Not gonna look it up, either, because I’m not getting paid for it.

Coming in heavier makes sense if the plan was to play him inside and out, but I’m unsure whether that was Daly and Spags’ intent.

Speaks is shaping up to be the worst draft pick of the Veach era. DOD a close second.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2020, 02:52 PM   #182
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson View Post
Knee injuries are at least loosely correlated with being overweight. I don’t know if his specific injury is. Not gonna look it up, either, because I’m not getting paid for it.

Coming in heavier makes sense if the plan was to play him inside and out, but I’m unsure whether that was Daly and Spags’ intent.

Speaks is shaping up to be the worst draft pick of the Veach era. DOD a close second.

Knee injuries happen to all sorts of athletes and NFL players, regardless of weight or body fat percentage. There’s no reason to link Speaks’ injury to his weight.

Considering they dropped Kpassagnon inside and talked about Speaks ability to rush inside or outside and versatility when they drafted him, it’s a safe bet they were planning to use him inside at least some times.

This year will tell the story on Speaks. Anything we say now is projection.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 02:54 PM   #183
MVP

Giving up on Speaks right now is as silly as giving up on Kpass was last season.

One wasted season at OLB, and one season lost to injury. We have no idea what there is there.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 03:01 PM   #184
testing ... 1, 2, 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
See, I don't think of this signing that way. It's a smart signing for multiple reasons, but one of them is that it's a cheap one-year deal. Taco is a bet hedger for our DE depth. He's part potential, part veteran, and also part expendable. We can easily cut him if any of the other guys on this team become desirable players to keep around. Again, last year Reid and Veach had no problems letting go of Carlos Hyde even though he was making a bit more than minimum and was probably a better guy to have in the backfield than either Darrell Williams or Darwin Thompson.

Taco might very well be a better player than the young guys currently, but if Spags doesn't see an actual use and a fit in the DL rotation, he'll tell Reid to go with Danna and Harris.

Also, this is a sidenote, but provided Speaks isn't a total piece of shit, I don't think he's any more at risk of being cut as a result of this signing. Veach talked about playing him all over the place when we drafted him, and his brief stint at 3-4 OLB in which he got restricted to one position by Bob Sutton shouldn't hold him to being a DE only. I really think they're going to try to use Speaks as an inside/outside guy, and with the roster size expansion, they now have an available slot to use him as their gadget DL.

People might call Speaks a DE since he'll probably play the majority of his time there, but if that's how you categorize him when predicting the Week 1 roster, don't be surprised to see us keeping 6 DEs (Clark, Okafor, Tanoh, Danna, Taco/Harris, Speaks)

EDIT: Or you can just read what duncan had posted like 5 posts earlier instead of reading my drivel
If you had told me that at the beginning as opposed to the end, it would have been more efficient.

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2020, 03:12 PM   #185
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
See, I don't think of this signing that way. It's a smart signing for multiple reasons, but one of them is that it's a cheap one-year deal. Taco is a bet hedger for our DE depth. He's part potential, part veteran, and also part expendable. We can easily cut him if any of the other guys on this team become desirable players to keep around. Again, last year Reid and Veach had no problems letting go of Carlos Hyde even though he was making a bit more than minimum and was probably a better guy to have in the backfield than either Darrell Williams or Darwin Thompson.

Taco might very well be a better player than the young guys currently, but if Spags doesn't see an actual use and a fit in the DL rotation, he'll tell Reid to go with Danna and Harris.

Also, this is a sidenote, but provided Speaks isn't a total piece of shit, I don't think he's any more at risk of being cut as a result of this signing. Veach talked about playing him all over the place when we drafted him, and his brief stint at 3-4 OLB in which he got restricted to one position by Bob Sutton shouldn't hold him to being a DE only. I really think they're going to try to use Speaks as an inside/outside guy, and with the roster size expansion, they now have an available slot to use him as their gadget DL.

People might call Speaks a DE since he'll probably play the majority of his time there, but if that's how you categorize him when predicting the Week 1 roster, don't be surprised to see us keeping 6 DEs (Clark, Okafor, Tanoh, Danna, Taco/Harris, Speaks)

EDIT: Or you can just read what duncan had posted like 5 posts earlier instead of reading my drivel

And then Hyde had a costly fumble that helped us beat Houston
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-03-2020, 03:20 PM   #186
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
And then Hyde had a costly fumble that helped us beat Houston
We lost to Houston in the game that Hyde fumbled in.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-03-2020, 03:27 PM   #187
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Giving up on Speaks right now is as silly as giving up on Kpass was last season.

One wasted season at OLB, and one season lost to injury. We have no idea what there is there.
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2020, 03:49 PM   #188
11-5, baby

Quote:

No one is saying cut him now.

But he damn sure better show up (metaphorically) hungry.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 04:03 PM   #189
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:

That year's draft was awful, but Veach has made up for it since then. I expect 2019-2020 drafts to be the norm going forward, not 2018.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 05-03-2020, 04:18 PM   #190
pie is never free

The more you mull this one over, the better it looks and feels

A recent first round talent for peanuts, coming to a first class organization where one of his best friends is an undisputed leader... he’s gonna succeed here, get Gay up to speed and our front seven is ****ing dangerous right now
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2020, 05:55 PM   #191
Broncos' Fan Extraordinaire!

Charlton is a solid signing and drafting Gay was an excellent move... I hate to say it...
Tombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-03-2020, 05:56 PM   #192
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Charlton is a solid signing and drafting Gay was an excellent move... I hate to say it...
It’s almost like the Chiefs’ FO knows what they’re doing!!
Old 05-03-2020, 06:36 PM   #193
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:

I have a feeling that Speaks will end up as a situational pass-rush tackle. It seems to suit his strengths and they can tell him to eat all he wants. Watching him on the outside, it seemed like he was very green or just not naturally adept at rushing from that position. If he beat his guy, he would literally stop and gather himself for that second phase of the rush past the blocker. That's not really going to happen on an inside rush.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:51 PM   #194
MVP

Quote:
No one is saying cut him now.

But he damn sure better show up (metaphorically) hungry.
well yeah. They ****ing all better.

Ain't no more **** around.

The culture has changed.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:53 PM   #195
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
And why did a 3-4 team draft him? And the theory we knew we were going to the 4-3 is absurd.
I truly believe Sutton was always gonna be gone and the plan was to move into a 4-3 in 2019. I think Speaks and DOD got picked to get them a year of experience but ready to help the move into a 4-3. It’s hard to change in one off season from they were getting a start on that. Unfortunately both look like reaches.

I don’t think anything negative of Speaks based on year one. He looked over weight and slow at training camp. There seems to be this belief you either think he will be good or a bust. Some of us are just cautious because no part of Speaks game as shown he will be anything more than a average to below average rotational guy. That is based off of what I’ve seen from the guy. I’ve said before and say it again, I’m not saying cut the guy and I hope I’m wrong because if he could just be then Okafor then that could save us like 5-6mil and not make DE a priority next draft.

I’ve heard Petro freaking out about the 2021 roster but in reality it’s not in bad shape if a couple guys can be ready to start. So far this staff seems to be developing pretty well and spags does an incredible job of working with what he is given.
MightyMouse is not part of the Right 53.MightyMouse is not part of the Right 53.MightyMouse is not part of the Right 53.MightyMouse is not part of the Right 53.MightyMouse is not part of the Right 53.MightyMouse is not part of the Right 53.MightyMouse is not part of the Right 53.MightyMouse is not part of the Right 53.MightyMouse is not part of the Right 53.MightyMouse is not part of the Right 53.MightyMouse is not part of the Right 53.