Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-21-2021, 01:23 PM  
__

The logic of drafting OT in the 1st.

What we know about this team is that it typically likes to fill its roster out as much as possible in free agency and then spend its highest picks on potential replacements for job openings a year down the road, and that includes Veach.

I doubt I even need to run down the list but:

2020: CEH --> Williams
2019: Hardman --> Hill/Watkins
2018: Speaks --> Ford/Houston
2017: Mahomes --> Smith

Fisher will be on the last year of his contract, and most of us suspect Schwartz retiring.

The Chiefs obviously like Niang but going OT 1st gives them the options:
  • Niang vs. the rookie for starting RT
  • if the rookie wins, Niang can slide into guard or hold the swing tackle position
  • if Niang wins, the rookie can slide into guard or hold the swing tackle position
  • the Chiefs love Fisher but if both Niang and the rookie excel, maybe they cut bait
  • if only one of them excel, the Chiefs can extend Fisher
It just seems like the kind of move that gives them the flexibility in future decisions that they like to have.

I'd rather they go DE, even if it means trading up for one. But based on what we know, OT could ostensibly solve up to two different OL spots in 2021 and gives them all kinds of options in 2022 based on how 2021 goes.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2021, 04:01 PM   #241
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I've thought that about Leatherwood for a while, honestly.

Yeah, me too.

He’s just a little slow footed for LT. Could be a good RT in a power oriented system, I guess. But I don’t see him at T for KC.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 05:43 PM   #242
Mahomes Dynasty

I think they band-aid the LT position for 2021 season while Fisher rehabs.

How Fisher rehabs will ultimately dictate how the Chiefs proceed from there.

If his rehab goes well and he's back to full strength, then I believe the Chiefs will resign Fisher.

I dunno what to think about Schwartz. The msg board rumors about him retiring are just rumors. Could be true, we just don't know. He still has 1yr left on his deal and Sept 2021 is still 7mo away.

Either way, I think the Chiefs need to draft a OT. Niang sitting out this season kinda sucks.

Don't have to draft a OT in the 1st rd though. Tbh, I prefer BPA at 32.

Good thing about Mahomes, is that he can mask-over a lot of bad OL play.
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 01-29-2021, 05:54 PM   #243
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Watkins, Robinson, and Pringle are all 6-1 and between 203-210 pounds.

Watkins is the fastest of them, but I wouldn't consider any of them quick-twitch types like Tyreek and Hardman are.

We've also brought in some bigger bodied types than those 3 in the past, they just haven't stuck to this point.

I think Reid is interested in creating mismatches, and is always adding new wrinkles so I wouldn't be too hung up on specific heights and weights as being things we wouldn't take so much as what a person's skillset can add.
If I had to say anything its alot more about the 3-cone and change of direction ability/ability to snap off routes for this offense. Robinson is a 6.77 3-cone, Pringle is 6.87, Watkins 6.95, Hill 6.53, Hardman is 6.75. So, you can kind of see from that that all of them are relatively quick in terms of change of direction. As a rule, 6.80 to 7.0 is good and sub 6.8 is outstanding. Not a guy over 7.0 on the list of regular performers. Kemp and Dieter would be exceptions, well actually Kemp ran a 6.99 at his pro-day iirc, but anyhow we don't see them play anything but special teams.

Some idiot from The Draft Network wrote an article earlier this year trying to say receivers should stop running the drill, arguing it's not an important measurement for receivers. He'd be correct if you're looking at a straight-line, jump-ball receiver where I'd put much more emphasis on vertical, but we don't deploy those. It's one of the most important ones, and has long been considered the most important overall measurement in football.

If I'm looking at a Reid receiver, I'd be most interested in studying the guy's ability to snap routes at the top and his ability to change direction to create YAC in the open field. If he can do those, he's on the radar.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 07:25 PM   #244
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
I think they band-aid the LT position for 2021 season while Fisher rehabs.
They could do that, but I think there's a real chance they pass on giving Fisher a 3rd contract.

It makes sense to draft a replacement today and let them play RT for the year while Niang spends a year getting back into football shape for 2021. Draft pick moves to LT in 2022, Niang to RT.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 01-30-2021, 07:24 AM   #245
In Search of a Life

If the Texans decide to blow it up, would you trade 32 for Tunsil?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-30-2021, 07:41 AM   #246
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
If the Texans decide to blow it up, would you trade 32 for Tunsil?

Would be tricky to make it work against the cap for KC - he carries hits of 16.5, 17.5, and 18.5 the next three years.

The Texans would also absorb a $10M cap hit. I’m not certain that works for either of them.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-30-2021, 08:17 AM   #247
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

That said, I would absolutely trade #32 for some tackle help as long as it isn’t a one-year rental.

I know the Lions just extended Decker, but that’s a guy that would work well if they decided to move him, and he has a super low 2021 cap hit to boot.
Old 01-30-2021, 12:39 PM   #248
In Search of a Life

Deckard woudl be my choice if possible.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-30-2021, 03:10 PM   #249
Supporter

Orlando Brown, jr., a 3rd round pick of the Ravens that filled in for Stanley, wants a LT gig and is reportedly refusing to go back to the RT position.

Considering he's a 2 time Pro Bowler, I'd offer #32 and one of the 4th round comp picks and call it a day.

I'd even throw in next year's 4th to make the deal happen.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-30-2021, 03:14 PM   #250
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Orlando Brown, jr., a 3rd round pick of the Ravens that filled in for Stanley, wants a LT gig and is reportedly refusing to go back to the RT position.

Considering he's a 2 time Pro Bowler, I'd offer #32 and one of the 4th round comp picks and call it a day.

**** the Ravens. They can have a 2nd round pick and like it.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 03:15 PM   #251
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post

It's worth considering. He will never play another snap in Baltimore.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 01-30-2021, 03:21 PM   #252
In Search of a Life

Sounds great on paper, but Brown just doesn’t fit the profile.

He’s more of a power/gap run first offense T. I don’t see them making a trade for a T like that.

Decker is more along the lines of the type of T they would want.

Last edited by staylor26; 01-30-2021 at 03:27 PM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-30-2021, 03:26 PM   #253
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post

He’s more of a power/gap run first offense T. I don’t see them making a trade for a T like that.

Decker is more making the lines of the type of T they would want.
My idea. Credit me any time you bring it up please and thanks
Old 01-30-2021, 03:28 PM   #254
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
My idea. Credit me any time you bring it up please and thanks
If you want credit maybe get his ****ing name right?

staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-30-2021, 04:43 PM   #255
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post

Decker is more along the lines of the type of T they would want.
That may be, as I've never sat down to actually watch him play. I remember being surprised that he lasted until the 3rd round after playing well at Oklahoma but I lost track of him until just this week.

I saw the Tweet earlier this week and knowing that he was drafted and coached by Harbaugh, thought he'd be a guy that could step in and start immediately.

It's too bad that he's not a scheme fit because at age 24, he's already been a two time Pro Bowler.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.