Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-05-2022, 02:03 PM  
In Search of a Life

Trade up options

Credit to Pest in the lounge.

Would you give up next years 1 and 29 to get up high enough to take Johnson?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2022, 02:09 PM   #2
'Tis my eye!

If they're going to trade up, they need to go get a guy that can start and have an impact right from the start.

Trading up for Johnson is one of the few trades I could stomach.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 02:12 PM   #3
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

I'd rather give up 29 and 50. Roughly the same value. But yeah.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2022, 02:15 PM   #4
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I'd rather give up 29 and 50. Roughly the same value. But yeah.
I think if you give up 50....then you almost need to trade out of 30 to pick up another pick to make up for it.

We've gone so many years without a 1st round pick, that giving up another one for Johnson doesn't hurt as much.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2022, 02:20 PM   #5
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
I think if you give up 50....then you almost need to trade out of 30 to pick up another pick to make up for it.

We've gone so many years without a 1st round pick, that giving up another one for Johnson doesn't hurt as much.
Probably would be my plan anyway.

The Texans are an intriguing partner here.

Here's a fun concept:

Texans get:

29, 30, and 62

Chiefs get:
13, 37

That works out pretty well in value. You're giving up a 2nd, but still have 2 of them and still get 3 picks in the top 50 of this draft.

I'm not sure 13 is high enough to be assured of Johnson, though.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 02:24 PM   #6
'Tis my eye!

Quote:

Here's a fun concept:

Texans get:

29, 30, and 62

Chiefs get:
13, 37

That works out pretty well in value. You're giving up a 2nd, but still have 2 of them and still get 3 picks in the top 50 of this draft.

13 would get you into the cream of this draft, even if it's not Johnson, and getting 37 back would be good value.

I actually like this idea.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2022, 02:24 PM   #7
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:

Here's a fun concept:

Texans get:

29, 30, and 62

Chiefs get:
13, 37

Not sure Houston would do that. They'd be giving up a 3rd round picks worth of value.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2022, 02:26 PM   #8
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
13 would get you into the cream of this draft, even if it's not Johnson, and getting 37 back would be good value.

I actually like this idea.
Would you like it if 13 ends up being Karlaftis? I just ran that on TDN and ended up with Karlaftis at 13 and Brisker at 37. Could have gone Cameron Thomas at 37, too... though he's an awkward pairing with Karlaftis since they're similar players.

Not sexy. But pretty good returns.
Old 04-05-2022, 02:26 PM   #9
Most Valuable Villain

A trade like that would probably look more like:

Houston gets #29, #30 and #62

Kansas City gets #13 and #68
Old 04-05-2022, 02:29 PM   #10
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Not sure Houston would do that. They'd be giving up a 3rd round picks worth of value.
Which chart are you basing it on?

And yeah, looking at drafttek, it looks like it need to include either 50 instead of 62 or include 62 and another pick. That runs off the Johnson chart.
Old 04-05-2022, 02:31 PM   #11
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
A trade like that would probably look more like:

Houston gets #29, #30 and #62

Kansas City gets #13 and #68
On the Johnson Chart, this is the Chiefs overpaying by pick 89.5.
Old 04-05-2022, 02:32 PM   #12
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Which chart are you basing it on?

And yeah, looking at drafttek, it looks like it need to include either 50 instead of 62 or include 62 and another pick. That runs off the Johnson chart.
The Rich Hill model has the value at:

Chiefs giving up 483. Houston giving up (with #37) 498.

I was using the Johnson model for my earlier post.
Old 04-05-2022, 02:35 PM   #13
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Would you like it if 13 ends up being Karlaftis? I just ran that on TDN and ended up with Karlaftis at 13 and Brisker at 37. Could have gone Cameron Thomas at 37, too... though he's an awkward pairing with Karlaftis since they're similar players.

Not sexy. But pretty good returns.
Yeah. I'd be okay with that.

I'll be honest - about the only thing I'm against at this point is trading up for Williams or Ojabo.

It's one thing to take a guy with an injury. It's another thing altogether to trade up for that...
Old 04-05-2022, 02:41 PM   #14
In Search of a Life

I think if you're trading up you're gonna shoot for a potential home run type dude. I don't think I'd do it for Karlaftis.

Johnson maybe.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2022, 02:43 PM   #15
Most Valuable Villain

I'm trading up to the 13-15 range for Johnson, Karlaftis would probably be the 15-20 range if he's there.

Johnson can set the edge in run defense AND has pass rush skills. I think he's a 10-12 sack a season guy.