Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: People mistakenly call me Brian/Bryan because ...
I was kidnapped as a young child and my birth name was Brian/Bryan. 1 3.70%
It’s a leftover glow from a past life when I was named Brian/Bryan. 2 7.41%
There was a mixup at the hospital and I was switched with a baby named Brian/Bryan. 0 0%
My parents merely gave me the wrong name. They didn’t capture my aura correctly. 2 7.41%
I look like some guy that everyone knows whose name is Brian/Bryan. 2 7.41%
My name is Brian/Bryan, but it’s just spelled like a completely different name and I’ve been mispronouncing it. 0 0%
I’m beginning a period of hallucination where I believe I’m a person named Brian/Bryan. 1 3.70%
I remind people of the dog on Family Guy. 8 29.63%
There’s always a very quiet person named Brian/Bryan who’s standing behind me. 1 3.70%
It's a Truman show thing, and my character is named Brian/Bryan. 2 7.41%
Names are irrelevant. It's all about eye contact. 1 3.70%
My name is Brian/Bryan and at some point I got mixed up. 2 7.41%
I'm experiencing glitches in the Matrix. 2 7.41%
I have another theory that I'll share below. 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2021, 01:48 PM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

What's your theory on my name mixups?

Over the course of our lives, we'll regularly encounter people who get our name wrong. It just happens, and it's no big deal.

However, when people forget my name, they disproportionately call me Brian. (Or maybe Bryan, I can't tell.) This is not a coincidence, because it's really disproportionate. We're talking probably 50 percent of the time, when someone gets my name wrong, they call me Brian/Bryan.

There must be a reason for this. What's the reason?

I'll post a few of my theories in a poll, but other theories are welcome. I need to solve this mystery.

Last edited by Rain Man; 05-06-2021 at 03:08 PM..
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2021, 05:12 PM   #31
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
My real name is Brrrrrrban, so I guess you could be right.
Is that Brrrrrrrban, or Brian?
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.
Old 05-06-2021, 05:17 PM   #32
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

My biolical parents misspelled my name Casey because everyone calls me KC.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2021, 05:24 PM   #33
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedinTexas View Post
Is that Brrrrrrrban, or Brian?
Stop calling me Brian! My name is Brrrrrrrban!
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2021, 05:32 PM   #34
Veteran

Is that a rolling r, or does it rhyme with turban?
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.
Old 05-06-2021, 07:57 PM   #35
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedinTexas View Post
Is that a rolling r, or does it rhyme with turban?
Definitely a trilled R.
Old 05-06-2021, 08:21 PM   #36
Banned

I always have to pause and remember if it's Rain Man or Rainman. I not smart.

Last edited by eDave; 05-07-2021 at 01:35 AM..
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2021, 08:30 PM   #37
Supporter

I think RM is ****ing with me.

All my early life anyone named Brian was named Brian. Then 20 years ago my daughter married a Bryan from Canada. I was like ok.

Since then it seems anyone named Bryan/Brian spells it Bryan. I've definitely noticed it and now RM starts a thread about it.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:20 PM   #38
Veteran

Dear Brrrrrrban Cranston,

People are getting you confused with Bryan Cranston.

There are worse things than being mistaken for a movie and TV star.

I often get called Brian.

Enjoy the fame.

Sincerely,

Brrrrrrban Dennehy
Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.
Old 05-06-2021, 11:37 PM   #39

Easy answer. When you take away all the false assumptions, whatever you have left, no matter how ridiculous, is the only logical choice.

You look like a Bryan/Brian, to most the people who forget your name....
crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-07-2021, 12:56 AM   #40
Just a li'l Evel

People get my name wrong a lot of the time too, but 50 percent of the times it's not even close. My name doesn't even sound anything close to dickhead.
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-07-2021, 03:41 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyEvel View Post
People get my name wrong a lot of the time too, but 50 percent of the times it's not even close. My name doesn't even sound anything close to dickhead.
Well, when you are what you eat........
crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-07-2021, 04:38 AM   #42
MFIC

My buddy Craig is always called "Greg" in emails. He wonders how these people are able to get in touch with him since Craig is in his email address.

He once had a lady named Mary say, "what's the difference? Craig, Greg it's close enough, it's 1 letter". Craig referred to Mary as "Gary" in every future email, meeting, social event. Mary didn't appreciate it.

Craig might be a dick but he's right. Being flippant about a person's name can be deemed as an affront. At the least it shows a level of disrespect.

I've worked with a lot of people based out of India and I do my upmost to at least attempt to pronounce their names correctly. Most are understanding. They're not douchey about it, like Greg.
Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-07-2021, 05:23 AM   #43
In Search of a Life

Have you ever heard the old saying "you are one in a million"?

I just looked up the population of Greater Denver, and it is right under 3 million.

This would mean there are 3 of you in the Greater Denver area.

Maybe the other 2 are named Brian and Bryan.

Hence, the mix up.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-07-2021, 05:29 AM   #44
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
My real name is Brrrrrrban, so I guess you could be right.
Then we'll just call you Jim Beam and your problem will be solved.
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-07-2021, 06:46 AM   #45
Veteran

The real question is "why are you the bad guy" when you correct someone on your name?

Person 1: "Hey Brian, do you have those TPS reports done?"

Person 2: "Why yes, they are right here.....also, my name isn't Bryan, it's Brrrrban...."

Person 1: "OK, but you don't have to be a jerk about it....."

I never understood that
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli