Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:01 PM   #3781
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
If you have to ask then you're already too late.
it's not that bad - i went out today and it was fine

but if this gets worse, i think we're edging on that territory
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:01 PM   #3782
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
how long until it's time to flee urban areas?
Has your state declared a state of emergency and called in the National Guard? If so it is to late. The government with their army of soldiers will not let people leave.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:03 PM   #3783
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
it's not that bad - i went out today and it was fine

but if this gets worse, i think we're edging on that territory
I think we've Wile E. Coyote ran off the edge and just spinning our legs in midair.

I don't like my odds at all but I have nowhere else to go.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:06 PM   #3784
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
SARS-CoV-2 is the name of the virus. The disease it causes is COVID-19.
You are being unnecessarily pedantic. I do appreciate the correction, though.

What name does WHO use for the virus?

From a risk communications perspective, using the name SARS can have unintended consequences in terms of creating unnecessary fear for some populations, especially in Asia which was worst affected by the SARS outbreak in 2003.*

For that reason and others, WHO has begun referring to the virus as “the virus responsible for COVID-19” or “the COVID-19 virus” when communicating with the public.* Neither of these designations are intended as replacements for the official name of the virus as agreed by the ICTV.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:08 PM   #3785
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDock View Post
You are being unnecessarily pedantic. I do appreciate the correction, though.

What name does WHO use for the virus?

From a risk communications perspective, using the name SARS can have unintended consequences in terms of creating unnecessary fear for some populations, especially in Asia which was worst affected by the SARS outbreak in 2003.*

For that reason and others, WHO has begun referring to the virus as “the virus responsible for COVID-19” or “the COVID-19 virus” when communicating with the public.* Neither of these designations are intended as replacements for the official name of the virus as agreed by the ICTV.
Hi. I'm Donger. It's nice to meet you.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 05:09 PM   #3786
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
how long until it's time to flee urban areas?
I knew I should have been prepping on the farm.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:09 PM   #3787
The 23rd Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhader View Post
Let’s explore the possibilities and, I acknowledge I am talking worst case scenarios here. But if we are talking worst case scenarios for the virus then worst case scenarios for or reaction/handling of it are equally relevant.

Just today I am hearing people around me are going to start working from home. That’s great for the few who can but, most can’t. What happens when people don’t have money to pay bills, rent, morgage or buy groceries? What happens when you can’t buy groceries because stores have been closed down?

I was talking with my barber this morning about the subject and he mentioned that the government had just released money for all the people expecting it. We talked about the consequences of those people not getting that money, the riots and such that would ensue. Imagine what happens when, hell I’ll be conservative and say a quarter of the country shuts down.

The swine flu took 18,000 lives. And that is indeed tragic, but not society altering, as is obvious in how we didn’t shut down over it. A national emergency wasn’t even called until a 1,000 deaths had occurred, and even at that point there was still ****ing toilet paper on the shelves.

Are some reasonable measures like travel bans prudent? Absolutely. But cancelling life is just irresponsible and needs to be checked before it goes much further.
Do you feel like you have the expertise and the data to really know what measures are reasonable and which ones are overkill? I mean, at a general level, there's got to be a tradeoff between fighting the virus spread and maintaining adequate economic activity, but what makes you so sure of your judgment as to the specific balance in this case?
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:10 PM   #3788
The 23rd Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDock View Post
I think I will listen to the people in charge of these things instead.
That was a much simpler way of saying it.
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:13 PM   #3789
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhader View Post
Let’s explore the possibilities and, I acknowledge I am talking worst case scenarios here. But if we are talking worst case scenarios for the virus then worst case scenarios for or reaction/handling of it are equally relevant.

Just today I am hearing people around me are going to start working from home. That’s great for the few who can but, most can’t. What happens when people don’t have money to pay bills, rent, morgage or buy groceries? What happens when you can’t buy groceries because stores have been closed down?

I was talking with my barber this morning about the subject and he mentioned that the government had just released money for all the people expecting it. We talked about the consequences of those people not getting that money, the riots and such that would ensue. Imagine what happens when, hell I’ll be conservative and say a quarter of the country shuts down.

The swine flu took 18,000 lives. And that is indeed tragic, but not society altering, as is obvious in how we didn’t shut down over it. A national emergency wasn’t even called until a 1,000 deaths had occurred, and even at that point there was still ****ing toilet paper on the shelves.

Are some reasonable measures like travel bans prudent? Absolutely. But cancelling life is just irresponsible and needs to be checked before it goes much further.
Absolutely. I wasn't exactly sure what you were getting at with your initial post. This is kind of along the lines as my response to Bwillie a while back, there definitely has to be a balance. It's somewhere in between freaking out and shutting down everything and doing nothing. I feel bad for people working in retail who are in contact with the general public every day, they're out there on the front lines. But we can't reasonably shut down every business out there. On a private business level, I think things have been handled pretty reasonably. I'm not aware of anything that I'd consider over the top.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:13 PM   #3790
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
It was at the Ostrich's request.
Allegedly
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:14 PM   #3791
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
I think we've Wile E. Coyote ran off the edge and just spinning our legs in midair.

I don't like my odds at all but I have nowhere else to go.
You’re just a constant ray of sunshine around these parts
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:16 PM   #3792
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
You’re just a constant ray of sunshine around these parts
Calling it like I see it. Watching the run on the grocery stores this week was super telling.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:17 PM   #3793
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
So I see cities and China were on total lockdown they've separated disinfected shit all over and Chinas death rate has dropped. Why can't we do that here? It seems as though we have no plan other than telling people to wash their hands.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 05:18 PM   #3794
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Can you put this in simpleton terms for me?

Please someome help alleviate my concerns
The CDC does not recommend that adults without comorbidities or immune suppression get pneumonia vaccinations- they are part of regular childhood vaccination protocols.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:18 PM   #3795
"Think BOOM!"

Okay, now we are starting to see some serious case number increase:

1,629 yesterday
2,726 today
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.